Author's Chapter Notes:
I'm was little obsessed after watching this episode. I found it to be contradictory and left a many unanswered questions. So I fixed it a little, and make it better.. Hope you like it. Took me a few minutes to write up. No one has betated it yet.

UPDATE: I totally forgot what it was about and decided to rewrite it, adding a few new things to it. I hope you like these additions. Please review and let me know. Thanks!
Second Chances-

Buffy had given herself over to the beat of the music, feeling freer than she ever felt. She hadn’t a care in the word for the moment anyway, till her spidey senses screamed ‘VAMPIRE’ -- there were only two vampires that made her senes scream at her: Spike and Angel, the two men she loved more than her own life. Stopping momentarily, Buffy peeked over The Immortal's sholder -- her senes had not betrayed her. BBuffy's heartbeat raced, her palms had become sweaty and knew she had to go over them, more specifically to Spike.

“Spike??” Buffy whispered in a stunned voice. “Oh my god! Spike’s alive!”

The last time Buffy had seen him, Spike was giving up his life to save the world. How is that he was alive now??

As she stared at Spike, the world around her had drained away. Her old life, specifically the parts with Spike, flashed before her eyes, suddenly making her flush and the immortal aware of her arousal.

“What’s wrong baby?” The Immortal asked, sweetly, inhaling her scent.

The Immortal’s question snapped the slayer out of her reverie and she began to wonder why Spike and Angel were just standing there, watching her.

For a second, Buffy sworeSpike had seen her, but she couldn’t be sure of that, but the one thing she was sure; she had to go to him, to tell him she meant every word of what she said that night.

Without a word to her lover, Buffy made her way through the sea of dancers. The Immortal trailed after her.

By the time Buffy had reached the spot where Spike and Angel stood, they were gone. The Immortal stood behind her, feeling her pain, but he remained quiet. He had a long sorted past with the two vampires that he just didn’t feel like getting into with Buffy and make her pain greater.

“Let’s dance!” Buffy tugged on the lapel of The Immortals jacket, pulling him back out to the dance floor. She tried to forget about Spike and Angel, but she just couldn’t. The harder she tried, the sadder she had become.

“You ok, baby?” The Immortal had asked when he noticed her mood had drastically changed and he knew it had to do with Spike and Angel.

Smiling for The Immortals benefit, Buffy enclose the space between them. "Never better!" She lied.

A few hours later, it was closing time and the couple finally left, heading back to her place. On elevator ride up to her apartment, Buffy’s spidey senses were on high alert again. ‘Spike’s here.’ A mischievous smile tugged at her red lips. ‘All in good time, Buffy.’

However, this time, The Immortal failed to sense the change in Buffy’s demeanor.

As The Immortal Spoke to her, Buffy drowned him out. She didn’t care, and wasn’t bothering to listen to him anyway. All that had been on her mind, since leaving the club, had been Spike.

The elevators opened a moment or two later and Buffy stepped out into the hallway. The Immortal followed, but she placed a hand on his chest, stopping him.

“Not tonight, ok.” Buffy's arm went back to her side.

“Ok. I’ll call you later.”

Buffy bid The Immortal a good night. He smiled, tipped his head, and stepped back into the elevator and she stood there watch the the elevator as it closed. The Immortal waved goodnight. Buffy headed for her apartment down the hall.

As the slayer arrived at her door, Buffy reached out to the knob, turned it nervously, yet slowly, unhurriedly. There was no need to rush into the apartment to see the man sh eloved, but god, it'd been so long since she had seen him last. "Screw it!" She swung the door open and stepped inside, the door almost came off the hinges. "Whoops!" she giggled.

Spike stood up when she closed the door behind her. Her back was to Spike, Buffy smiled, glad that he'd stayd behind to see her. He had to know she was with The Immortal, though it was a moot point now.

"Spike..." Her voice was so soft; Spike could barely make out his own name. "Is that really you?"

"In the flesh," Spike replied, standing still, unsure of what his next move, whether it be with words or movement, he hadn't a clue. He was glad to see her, more than words could say.

Buffy's next question, even it had surprised, but she had to know. "Why'd you come back?"

Why did Spike show up at her place? Why did he wait so long to go after her? Questions like that plagued Buffy's mind, but she'd soon have her answers, at least that's what she had hoped for!

Spike knew he was a bloody idiot for not coming sooner. He probably would have had a chance then, but he was unsure now, epsecially since she had The Immortal as her boy toy.

"I wanted to see you," Spike said after a moment, he looked away from her, unable to see the pain in her eyes. "Bloody hell..." Spike couldn't take it anymore

“I wanted to see you,” responded Spike, looking away momentarily, he couldn’t take it anymore, “Bloody hell, woman, would your turn around.” He was flusted, he so wanted to see her face.

Suddenly Buffy had cold feel. “I can’t!” She couldn’t bear to look in his eyes. Those blue eyes, she could see right to her soul and knew knew she’d get lost in them.

“It’s just me!” He pleaded. If she didn’t turn herself around, he’d do it for her.

Desperately Buffy wanted to see Spike, have him wrap his protective arms around her, and most of all, she wanted him, but for reason, she couldn’t make herself do it. She couldn’t turn around, not yet anyway. There were a lot of things that had been left unsaid.

“If I turn around, you may not be there. I can’t handle that. You don’t know what it’s been like not having you in my life, Spike. I thought you were dead! I grieved you and moved on.” That what she told herself, but she was still in love with Spike. That would never change.

The vampire sighed dejectedly. That wasn’t why he’d come. Who was he kidding, that was exactly why he’d come. Hell, he wanted her badly, he could taste it. He had to have her in his arms or he’d burst into flames.

“D’ya want me to leave?” Spike wasn’t ready to leave. There was too much to say. "Cause I can walk out that door and not look back, if it means that you’ll be happy!”

Buffy shook her head. “No, I don’t want you leave.”

Now they were getting somewhere. With one quick stride, Spike was behind her. He placed his right hand on her waist, twisting her to face him. “That’s better.” He wiped the fresh tears away, smiling as he looked her over appreciatively. It had been way to long since he was this closer to her. Her proximity was getting to him, but he reminded hisself that there was a time and place for that, and it wasn’t right now.

The slayers hair had grown, Spike noticed, though she lost a little weight since the last time he’d seen her in the Sunnydale High basement, but was still beautiful as ever.

Spike ran a hand through her soft main and Buffy’s breath hitched in her chest when the contact was made.

Truth be told, she’d missed the soft, sensitive side of Spike. That’s what she liked the most, but she didn’t mind having the animal in Spike either. It was never boring between them too.

‘It has been far too long,” whispered Spike. “Far too long.”

If Spike didn’t step back, he’d show her just how much he missed her. As much as he wanted to jump into bed with her, he stepped back and removed his hand. Buffy was saddened at the loss. She didn't understand why he'd moved away from her.

“We need to have a little chitchat.” Spike sat down on the sofa, patting the spot next to him. “I’m not going to bite…well, I might.” He teased with a sly grin.

Instead of sitting next to Spike, Buffy opted for the coffee table across from her former boyfriend.

It was awkward for several long, agonizing moments, before Buffy decided to speak. She had something to get off her chest first. “I was a bitch to you for to long, but without realizing it, I had fallen in love with you. I don’t know how or when it happened, but I did. I treated you so badly and I am so very sorry.”

That was the hardest thing Buffy had ever done, but it had to be said. He had to know what she was feeling, but some how, he had already suspected it. That was ok with her; it still needed to be said.

“Love, you don’t have to apologize to me. I let you do some of those things to me, just so we could be together.”

“It still doesn’t make it right, what I did to you.”

”Buffy, we’re both to blame. We did it to ourselves.” Spike moved forward, taking her hands into his, caressing them. She didn’t pull away. “We were who we were. Can’t change the past.” He paused a moment, debating what to say next. “We’ve both had time to grow up. We’re different people now. I hope that we can some how get passed that. Be friend’s maybe.” Though he desperately wanted more, but if friends was all Buffy could do right now, then he’d understand.

The slayer took a moment to think on what Spike had said. It made sense. They were older now. They’d live many life times apart, but it was time to leave what happened in the past and start a new, fresh life together. She just hoped he’d take her back to start all over again, the right way. “Maybe there’s a second chance for us…I want a second chance with you, Spike.”

“I want that to, Buffy. Are you sure you’re ready?”

Buffy nodded. “More than ready.” She moved from the coffee table to the sofa, settling in next to Spike. “If you don’t mind, I’d like to take things slow, getting to know each other again. Have a relationship based on love…”

“But you have to admit, the sex was great!” Spike grinned; mischievousness twinkled in his blue eyes.

Without saying a word, Buffy leaned in, kissing Spike, filling it with all the love she felt for him.

When air became an issue, she released him. The kiss left them a little dazed and confused, but they definitely wanted more.

“Hello…” Buffy regained her senses. That was something that she definitely missed and wanted more of.

Spike could have sworn he felt his heart flutter, during their kiss, but it couldn’t be; he was still dead after all.

It didn't really matter, just being with the woman he loved, made him feel more alive than he had without her. She filled the void that had been missing in him. He shook the thoughts away and leaned for another one of those searing kissing, but Buffy put the breaks on things, giving Spike an apologetic look.

“Later.” Buffy snuggled up against Spike, feeling for the first time, that this was right. “Let’s just talk for awhile.”

Things were going to be different for the souled vampire and former slayer. They were getting a second chance at life and love. There wasn’t anyone in the world that could change that.

The End


Chapter End Notes:
After talking about this with a friend, I decided to reread it and realized, it needed small overhall. So i went through a rewrote some things but its still basic same story.