~Life As Usual~

Buffy Summers walked through the halls of Sunnydale High on her first day. It looked like her old school back in Los Angeles.

Buffy, her two sisters, Stacy and Dawn, and their mother had just moved to Sunnydale a few weeks earlier. Stacy was furious with the move. She loved the busy sidewalks and endless stores. Dawn was excited. She hated living in L.A. because she could never go outside and play. Buffy didn’t care either way. She didn’t have many friends back home, and the ones she did have, she wouldn’t miss much. Their parents had recently divorced, leaving Joyce summers to raise the three girls by herself. So why out of any city in California did they choose Sunnydale? Well the answer was simple. Joyce had been offered a job to run a local art museum. Thus they picked up and moved.

Kids rushed past her on their way to classes; locker doors slammed shut adding to the ruckus around her. Buffy looked down at the folded piece of paper with her schedule printed on it. ‘Third period…hmm…algebra.’ Buffy thought to herself as she refolded the paper and stuffed it in her pocket. “This should be fu-“ Buffy was unable to finish her sentence as her books were knocked out of her hands by a group of older boys. They looked back and laughed as they made their way to the end of the hall and rounded the corner. “Jerks.” Buffy groaned as she bent down to gather her belongings.

“You can say that again.” A girl’s voice sounded just above Buffy’s head.

Buffy looked up to see a girl about her age, with long red hair and the greenest eyes she had ever seen. She was wearing a long blue skirt with a fuzzy pink sweater.

“I take it you’re Buffy.” The girl said handing Buffy her notebook. “I’m Willow Rosenberg. I’m supposed to show you around for a while. You know until you get settled in.”

“Thanks.” Buffy said straightening. “Maybe you can help me get my locker open then.”

“Sure. Which one is it?”

Buffy led the other girl down the hall a ways and stopped at her locker. With a few quick turns of the dial, Willow pulled the door open.

“You’re a life saver.” Buffy sighed as she stuffed her un-needed books into her locker.

“No problem, but we better get going or we’re going to be late.”

The girls hurried down the hall and into their classroom.

----

Stacy Summers showed up for her first day at Sunnydale High like she owned the place. She wore the tiniest outfit she could find that wouldn’t get her into too much trouble. She fully intended to catch the eye of every senior guy and make every girl in the school jealous. She had already made a few friends and was immediately accepted as one of the populars.

‘Maybe moving here wasn’t as bad as I thought.” Stacy thought to herself while pretending to pay attention in one of her classes. ‘And the best part is that I haven’t even seen my bratty kids sister Buffy all day.’

The bell sounded and the students rushed out of the classroom. Stacy gathered her books and made her way to the door.

“Hey,” Cordelia Chase yelled after her. “Stacy where’s your next class?”

Cordelia was on of the first people that Stacy had met. She was by far the most popular girl in school, and thus she was ok in Stacy’s book. “World History…sounds like fun.” She groaned. Stacy handed her schedule to Cordelia who promptly looked it over.

“Ouch…you’ve got some pretty awful classes going on here. Way worse than my schedule.” Cordy said making a face. She handed the piece of paper back to Stacy, turned on her heel and walked out of the classroom.

“Of course,” Stacy mumbled to herself. “It’s back to life as usual.”