She awoke with the horrible churning in her stomach. 'Never should have eaten that pizza last night.' She rolled over and threw the blankets off her legs. She stood up, stretching and immediately bent over in pain. She could feel the bile rising in her throat. She took off running through the hall and into the bathroom, slamming the door behind her.

Dawn stood in her doorway, and listened to the sounds of her sister in the bathroom.

"Buffy, that's 3 days straight. Will you please just go to the doctor?" She asked loudly to make sure Buffy heard her.

"I'm fine Dawnie." Dawn heard the faucet running and a moment later Buffy appeared in the doorway. "It's probably just the flu. I hear it's going around."

"Yea, Janice is out sick with it." Dawn said. "But I still think you should go to the doctor. Maybe he could give you some good drugs." Dawn laughed.

"I'm good. Now you should be getting ready for school. Go."

Dawn turned on her heel and went back into her room, shutting the door quietly behind her. Buffy went back into her room and laid back down.

She loved the way the cool satin sheets felt against her warm skin, the sunlight peeking through her closed blinds. She lay her head down on the pillow and closed her eyes. Thoughts of a certain blonde vampire filled her mind.

She hated everything about him. The way he always wore all black, but looked so damn good in it; his cocky attitude; his piercing blue eyes; and that British accent. It sent shivers down her spine just thinking about him.

She and Spike had been and "item", if that's what you could call it, for almost a full month now. Their relationship consisted of him accompanying her on patrols. Of course when they were together, little ever got done. Most nights they ended up making out in the cemetery.

Buffy was pulled from her thoughts by the sounds of a hand knocking on her door. "What?" she called.

Dawn opened the door and peered inside. "Hey I'm gonna head to Janice's today after school. She asked me to bring her the homework and stuff."

"Okay. Well I'll be working till 8 tonight. So feel free to make yourself some dinner."

"Okay." Dawn said stepping back into the hall. "Have a good day." She called in before shutting the door once again.

Buffy waited for the sound of the front door opening and then shutting before she let herself drift off to sleep. She had a good 3 hours before she had to be up for work, and she intended to get some sleep.