Author's Chapter Notes:
This was just an idea that I had and I decided to go with it. That’s usually what I do. I'm bored and decided to put it in here. Anyway, this would take place in a somewhat different version of the 7th Season. Which means that there aren’t any Potentials and nothing has happened with the First. Spike comes back after getting a soul and works things out with Buffy. She decided to let him live with her. Things are a bit different between them, but I'm sure it would be to everyone's liking. I hope anyway. Don’t forget to leave me a review. I’m up for anything=)
Prologue

The class bell rang and the students all gathered their things and headed out of the class. The teacher looked up from her desk as the kids filed out of the room. “Miss Logan, could you come here please?” The girl in the back of the class looked at the teacher when she addressed her and sighed. She grabbed her bag and headed over to the teacher’s desk. She gave her a smile when the girl walked over to her. “I wanted to talk to you about your test, Miss Logan. I was very surprised by your grade.” The girl nodded and figured that was what the teacher wanted to talk to her about.

“I’m sorry, Mrs. Barton. I didn’t study very well for it.” She explained and Mrs. Barton nodded.

“I guess you didn’t. You’re a very bright student, Alyssa. You haven’t gotten anything lower than a B in my class and I’m a bit worried about your sudden failing grade. Is everything alright?” The girl nodded and wanted to get off of this subject.

“Yes, everything’s fine. I’ll try harder on the next test.” Mrs. Barton nodded again and handed her a slip of paper.

“You know you can always talk to me if something is bothering you, but maybe you would feel more comfortable talking to the new counselor. You can use this to get out of a class if you ever want to talk to her, alright?” She said and Alyssa nodded as she took the paper.

“Thank you,” she told her as she walked out of the class and headed in the other direction. Alyssa was looking at the paper in her hand and not watching where she was going, when she bumped into someone that caused her to drop it. The girl she crashed into glared at her.

“God, watch where you’re going.” Alyssa noticed that the girl was Karen Anderson, a cheerleader and one of the most popular girls in school.

“Sorry, I didn’t see you.” She said as she bent down to pick up the paper and then looked up into Karen’s cold eyes.

“Whatever, freak. Just stay out of my way.” She said as she flipped her long, blonde hair and walked away. Alyssa sighed as she watched her go.

“That Karen is a breath of fresh air, isn’t she?” Alyssa turned at the new voice and saw a pretty, brunette around her age talking to her. She shrugged her shoulders.

“Yeah, guess I should have been watching where I was going.” The girl shook her head.

“Don’t let her get to you. She thinks she owns this school and everyone in it.” Alyssa nodded and was surprised that this girl was being nice to her, when everyone usually wouldn’t even notice that she existed. The girl then noticed the paper in her hand. “So, you gonna talk to the counselor?” She asked suddenly and Alyssa shrugged.

“I don’t know, I was thinking about it.” She replied.

“Well, she could definitely help you. If you have a problem that is.” Alyssa thought about it.

“Have you talked to her?” She asked and the girl nodded.

“Yeah, whenever I can. It’s easier because I happen to live with her.” Alyssa looked confused and the girl continued. “She’s my sister, I’m Dawn.” She said as she held her hand out and Alyssa nodded in understanding as she shook her hand.

“I’m Alyssa; it’s nice to meet you.” Dawn nodded also as they dropped hands.

“Yeah, I’ve seen you around. Well, I gotta get to class. Think about talking to her though.” Dawn said as she walked away. Alyssa nodded as she watched her leave. She decided that she would pay the counselor a visit. She really needed help.