I know this isn’t my other story that I’m writing, but I just had to write it. I love this song and I thought that I could use it for this short story. Maybe it will turn into something more, but I just thought it would be a good short story. The song is by Brad Paisley featuring Allison Krauss…its called Whiskey Lullaby…




She put him out like the burnin' end of a midnight cigarette
She broke his heart he spent his whole life tryin' to forget
We watched him drink his pain away a little at a time
But he never could get drunk enough to get her off his mind
Until the night





“Hey Spikey! Spikey boy! Get up big man!” Xander yells as he walks through the door. He sees food all over the place and a smells a funny smell.

“Damn Spike! Do you know how to clean!?” He gives out a smile and walks towards the bedroom. As he walks into the room he sees Spike laying facedown on the bed, with his face in the pillow. Xander lets out a laugh and walks towards the bed while talking.

“ Get up Spike! We got a lot of things to do today remember!? Spike…Spike you ok?”

Xander reaches out to shake Spike…but Spike doesn’t move. Xander reaches out again and shakes him harder.

“Spike…come on man, this isn’t funny anymore. Get up.”

Xander pushes him over on his back and Xander finally sees how pale he looks. His lips are blue, and his skin is almost see through.

Xander covers his mouth with hand and backs up a little.

“Oh god…Spike!? Spike wake up! Stop playing…Spike?...William?” he walks towards him again and finally sees a piece of paper in his hands. Xander reaches out to it and it reads…




I’ll love her till I die…




Xander drops the note and runs to the phone in the living room. He calls a number he knows very well.

“Willow!...no Willow listen to me! Something’s happened…it’s…it’s William, Willow.”




He put that bottle to his head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away her memory
Life is short but this time it was bigger
Than the strength he had to get up off his knees
We found him with his face down in the pillow
With a note that said I'll love her till I die
And when we buried him beneath the willow
The angels sang a whiskey lullaby





Willow walks up to Buffy stoned faced. She can see Buffy smiling and laughing at something that was said. Willow wishes she didn’t have to tell her this…but there was no one else.

As she gets closer, Willow calls out to her, “Buffy…I need to talk to you.”

Buffy looks behind her and gives out a huge smile. Buffy rushes towards her and gives her a hug as she says, “Willow! What are ya doing here! I thought you and Oz were going to stay at home today.”

Willow shakes her head at her and holds both of Buffy’s hands. “Buffy, I don’t now how to say this so I’m just goin to say it ok? Don’t interrupt me just listen…Buffy, something has happened, it’s…it’s William, Buffy.”

Buffy’s eyes widen in fear as she grabs onto Willow tighter. “Willow…what’s happened! Is he ok!? Willow tell me please!”

Willow closes her eyes as she lets a few tears fall. “Buffy, William’s dead. Xander found him in is room. He won’t tell me how he died, but he’s dead Buffy. William’s dead.”

Willow looks at Buffy waiting for a reaction or anything from Buffy. Finally she can’t take it anymore. “Buffy! Did you not hear me! William is dead! He’s gone Buffy!”

Buffy nods at Willow as she says, “Willow…I don’t feel so good anymore.” And right after she says this, she faints and falls to the floor. Willow tries to catch her before she hits the ground, but she just falls backwards with Buffy on top of her. Willow lets more tears fall for her friend, and for the lost of someone they both have loved.




The rumors flew but nobody knew how much she blamed herself
For years and years she tried to hide the whiskey on her breath
She finally drank her pain away a little at a time
But she never could get drunk enough to get him off her mind
Until the night




That moment happened over 6 years ago and Willow can still remember it like it happened yesterday. Ever since that day, she has noticed Buffy get worse and worse. But she finally felt like something had to change. So, Willow packed up some clothes and went right over to Buffy’s house. She didn’t even knock she just walked in with a smile on her face.

“Buffy! Hey, get up sleepy head! We are going on a vacation deary! We both need it so I thought that we could go to the beach and just hang out…Buffy come on! Get outa bed sleepy head!”

Willow walks into Buffy’s bedroom and grins at the site of her friend sleeping face down on the bed. Willow runs towards the bed and jumps on it, then starts to jump up and down.

“Come one Buffy! Get up silly! GET…UP…RIGHT…NOW!” Willow stops jumping when she notices that Buffy hasn’t moved. Willow jumps down off the bed and walks next to Buffy. Willow starts to shake Buffy as she says, “Buffy…Buffy get up…come on…stop playing. This isn’t funny anymore Buffy.”

Willow shakes her again and pushes her over. Willow lets out a gasp and backs up. She shakes her head back and forth. Her eyes widen and she lets the tears fall as she sees a picture of William in Buffy’s cold, dead hand. She lets out a sob as she cries, “No…no. Oh god Buffy”

She walks over to Buffy’s phone and dials a number she knows well, even after all these years.


“Xander…it’s me. Something…something’s happened Xander. It’s Buffy…”




She put that bottle to her head and pulled the trigger
And finally drank away his memory
Life is short but this time it was bigger
Than the strength she had to get up off her knees
We found her with her face down in the pillow
Clinging to his picture for dear life
We laid her next to him beneath the willow
While the angels sang a whiskey lullaby






A/N Well i hope yall liked that and dont worry, i will update "behind these hazel eyes" as soon as possble...thank you guys so much for reading this and plz leave a review...thanks again you all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!