Author's Chapter Notes:
Thanks to Brat for betaing for me.
A deep, throbbing beat echoed through the dimly lit Bronze as she slowly walked onto the dance floor. All around her eager young bodies moved sensuously to the music. The sounds wrapped around her like a lover’s embrace, calling to her. Without thought of cause or consequence, she answered.

Breathing deeply through parted lips she felt her hips begin to move. Long legs bent as she dipped and swayed to the heavy rhythm. Her slender arms curved gracefully over her head, lifting her hair away from her neck before allowing the golden strands to slide back down through her fingertips.

She felt his presence behind her just as he placed one cold hand on her hip, testing the taunt flesh with blunt fingernails. Leaning down to her ear, he whispered in husky tones, “I knew I would find you here.”

A lazy smile curved her full red lips as she turned to wrap her arms around his neck, pressing her heated body against him. “And I knew you would come for me.”

Boldly, she held his gaze as she moved against his hard body, inviting him to join her in the dance. Her lips hovered a breath away, but evaded him when he would have captured them with his own. An eyebrow rose as he flashed her an evil smile.

Slowly, he slid one hand down to the small of her back, while the fingertips of the other played along her collarbone, making her shiver. Bending at the knees slightly he nudged one leg between her thighs and, fitting their hips together, began to move with her. They quickly settled into a smooth, easy rhythm that had them both breathing heavily.

Threading his fingers through her hair he cupped the back of her head. He rested his forehead against hers, lowering his mouth until their lips almost joined. Their tongues darted out to touch briefly. Tasting, taunting, promising deeper pleasures.

Turning around she pressed back into him, her head resting on his shoulder. One of his hands stole under her top to glide over her flat stomach. The fingers splayed until his thumb brushed against the underside of her breast. She felt his other hand graze her leg as he drew her skirt slowly upward. His fingernails dragged heavily up the inside of her thigh and she moaned as liquid heat flowed through her body. Just when she thought she couldn’t take anymore his wet tongue licked the back of her neck.

With a cry of pleasure she spun back around to face him. Clasping at him she captured his mouth in a passionate attack. She groaned loudly as her tongue plundered his mouth with ill-restrained violence. He met her blow for blow. When she finally released him, his blue eyes flashed yellow and a growl emanated from deep within his throat.

Tossing her hair back, she pulled his head down to her bared neck in undisguised invitation. Moments later she felt the sharp pain of his fangs sinking into her. He clasped her more tightly to him as their bodies continued to rock against each other in time to the music. Greedily he pulled her powerful blood into his mouth, feeling his control crashing down around him. She gripped onto him like a lifeline as she felt herself drowning in him, knowing she was just about to…

Buffy woke screaming Spike’s name. Bolting upright she felt her neck for his bite, only to find her smooth skin unmarred. Shocked at the fevered state of her body she gasped when her arm brushed against a hard nipple, sending fresh wave of pleasure rippling through her.

On the other side of town Spike could still taste the rich tang of Buffy’s blood in his mouth as he lay in bed staring into the darkness of his crypt. With an evil smile gracing his full lips, he slid one hand beneath the sheet to stroke his still straining flesh. “Now that was a dream worth remembering,” he murmured.

A week later Spike entered the Bronze with every intention of getting drunk enough to rid his mind of the fiery little blonde who had taken up residence there. Instead, his gaze was immediately drawn to a small table near the dance floor where Buffy and her friends gathered.

Before he realized what he was doing Spike found himself moving toward her. He knew the moment she sensed him, because she turned to watch him approach. A slight shiver ran through her and he couldn’t help but wonder if he was having the same effect on her that she was having on him.

Stopping beside her, he ignored Xander’s snarky comment and Willow’s nervous fidgeting. Looking down into Buffy’s green eyes he opened his mouth to speak, though he was stunned at the words that came out. “I knew I’d find you here.”

Without hesitating she replied breathlessly, “And I knew you’d come for me.”

His stunned surprise was mirrored in her own expression as realisation of their shared experience hit them. Fear and excitement warred for dominance as they stared at each other in silence. Both knew that nothing would ever be the same between them again.

THE END