Author's Chapter Notes:
I decided to put this in here because it's a cute story and I felt like sharing. It's not that long, just something short and sweet that I came up with. I guess I got the idea from “Kate and Leopold,” but it's really nothing like the movie. I know the beginning is really short, but it is just the prologue after all. I should have more soon. Well, I hope ya’ll like it. Don’t forget to review to let me know how it is=)
Prologue

London, England 1880

William Covington was getting dressed for the big event later that night. His mother was throwing another ball for him, so he could finally select a bride. William hated these formal events and he didn’t think he was ready for marriage, but his mother insisted and he just wanted her to be happy. She was ill and has been in a depression since his father passed a few weeks ago. He was an only child, which meant that it was his time to become King. In order for that to happen, he had to marry a royal woman. William sighed as he looked at himself in the mirror. He didn’t care about being King and he certainly didn’t care about the royal women of London. They were all snobs and only cared about riches. William was looking for more than that. He wanted to find love. He ran his fingers through his curly, brown hair and went to look for his mother. He found her in her bedroom and went to join her. She looked up at him when he walked in and a huge smile graced her lips. “Oh, William. You look wonderful.” She said as she embraced him and William hugged her back. He put a smile on his face when she pulled away.

“Thank you, mother. How are you feeling today?” She sighed as he helped her back to bed.

“I’ll be alright. Some days are better than others.” She said as she gave her son a smile. She caressed his cheek. “You are so grown up, William. You will make some woman very happy one day.” William grabbed his mother’s hand and gave it a squeeze.

“I really hope I can make you proud, mother.” Anne smiled as a coughing fit took over her body. He handed her a glass of water and she took a sip when she calmed down. She gave him another smile.

“I am proud, William. I just don’t want you to be alone.” William agreed and left her room, so she could get some rest. He needed some fresh air and left the palace. He mounted his horse and rode toward the lake, which was his favorite spot. He got off of the horse when he reached his destination and tied her to a nearby tree. He walked closer to the water and bent down to pick up a rock. He threw it in the water and sighed as he looked up at the sky. He didn’t know what he was going to do, when he suddenly felt strong wind that seemed to come out of nowhere. He looked behind him and what he saw shocked him. There looked to be a large window opening that the wind was coming from. William believed it could have been a portal that he once read about, but that couldn’t be possible. The wind got stronger as the portal grew bigger and he tried to move away from it, but it was no use. The wind was too strong and William was soon pulled into the portal.