Author's Chapter Notes:
I’m not really sure where this idea came from. It just popped in my head and I figured I should try writing it down. Just something short that I came up with. It takes place during “Dirty Girls” because I figured that would be a fun episode to mess with. I loved Spike and Faith’s conversation. That was pretty much the only part I liked and I figured I could do a little something with it. This will be Spuffy, of course. Why bother with anything else? Reviews are always of the good. I’m addicted to them=)
She returned from the hospital after talking to Shannon and headed straight for the basement. Buffy wanted a word with Spike about what she witnessed earlier between him and Faith. Not that she was jealous or anything. They hadn’t been together for a while now, but she did at least consider him to be a friend. She knew what Faith was like and didn’t want Spike to get hurt. She hurt him enough the year before.

Buffy heard voices when she opened the door to the basement. She headed down the stairs and was surprised to see Faith once again down there and talking with Spike. Faith seemed to be sitting even closer to him this time. He was laughing at something she must have said. Buffy cleared her throat to get their attention.

They turned to look at her, realizing that they were no longer alone.

“How’s the girl?” Spike asked.

Buffy turned her attention on him. “She’ll be fine. What was so funny?” she wondered, looking at both of them.

“You had to be there, B.”

Buffy gave her a fake smile. “I guess I did.” She then became furious when she noticed Faith with her hand on Spike’s thigh. He just sat there like it was the most normal thing in the world. Buffy tried to focus on something else. “Faith, you’ll be sleeping in my room,” she suddenly said.

Faith raised her eyebrows. “I thought I was staying down here.”

Buffy shook her head. “Change of plans. You can take my bed. Spike prefers to sleep alone, anyway.”

Spike raised his eyebrows this time. “Spike can speak for himself, love. She can stay down here if she wants.”

Buffy glared at him.

He matched her glare with one of his own.

Faith could sense the tension in the room and stood up. “It’s cool, Buffy’s bed sounds fine. I guess I’ll see you guys in the morning,” she replied, shocking the other two by placing a kiss on the vampire’s cheek. “Thanks for the chat, stud.” She winked at him, then walked by Buffy and up the stairs.

Spike avoided Buffy’s gaze once Faith was gone.

“So, you two seem close.”

Spike looked back at her when she spoke again. “What’s wrong with that? She’s going to be helping us; I figured you would prefer it if everyone got along.”

Buffy sighed, running her fingers through her hair. “I just don’t like seeing you two that close. You don’t know what she’s like.”

Spike smirked. “Oh, I see what this is. You’re jealous.”

Buffy hated when he was right, but she wasn’t about to let him know that. “I’m not jealous. I’m just looking out for you.”

Spike stood up and moved over to her. “I can look after myself, Slayer. Why do you care, anyway?” He tilted his head to the side to study her more.

That only seemed to make Buffy even angrier. “I don’t care. Go ahead; fall for another Slayer if you want to. See if I care,” she spat, turning away from him and running up the stairs.

Spike just stared after her, with a puzzled expression on his face.


* * * * *


“Stupid bleached idiot,” Buffy mumbled to herself when she made it upstairs and to her bedroom, only to find Faith in there. She forgot that she gave the other Slayer her room.

“I don’t know. He didn’t seem all that stupid to me,” Faith said with a grin.

Buffy realized that the brunette heard what she said.

“So, what’s his deal? He seeing anyone? I think I would like to give that one a ride. He seems like he could go for days. I’m sure you would know.”

Buffy was severely pissed off. She barged into her room and closed the door, glaring at Faith. “Okay, let’s get one thing straight. You’re in my house now and I have one rule. I want you to stay away from Spike. You promise me that and I’ll promise not to kill you.”

Faith laughed at Buffy’s tough girl act.

That only made the blonde even more pissed.

“I didn’t realize you owned him, B. I know you guys had a thing, but it seems like it’s over to me. He probably hasn’t had a good romp in the sack for a while now. I’m pretty sure your tight ass won’t be giving him any. He has to get it somewhere,” she commented with a twisted smirk.

Buffy felt like smacking it off of her face. “He would never touch you.” She was trying to convince herself more than Faith.

Faith kept the smile on her face as she moved closer to Buffy. “We’ll see about that.”

Buffy couldn’t take anymore. She threw the door open and ran out of the room.

Faith shook her head. “She is too easy.” She knew it was going to be a long night.



* * * * *


Buffy felt tears in her eyes when she made her way back downstairs, but she tried not to let them fall. She noticed Dawn in the kitchen and really needed to talk to someone.

Dawn looked up when her sister walked in. “Hey, Buffy. What’s wrong?”

Buffy took a deep breath to try and calm herself. “It’s Faith; she’s making moves on Spike. I think he might be interested in her,” she explained.

Dawn only shrugged her shoulders. “What’s the problem? It’s not like you and Spike are together or anything.”

Buffy was surprised at what her sister said. “You’re not even bothered by this? Dawn, this is Faith we’re talking about here. You’re supposed to be on my side.”

Dawn rolled her eyes. “It’s not about choosing sides. I know how you feel about him, Buffy. I think practically everyone in this house does. Spike is probably the only one that doesn’t know. I bet you thought that he would spend the rest of his existence devoted to you. That’s why you’re upset that he’s showing interest in someone else. I know Faith isn’t your favorite person, but sometimes you have to fight for what you want. If you want Spike, you’re gonna have to let him know how you feel. Before it’s too late. He seems to really like her.”

Buffy’s heart sunk at the last part. “You think so?”

Dawn shrugged again. “That’s just what I see, but I wouldn’t go by that. You should tell him how you feel. I’ll support whatever decision you make.”

Buffy gave a small smile. “Thanks,” she replied, taking another deep breath. She then opened the door to the basement and headed down the stairs. She found Spike sitting on the cot, engrossed in the book he was reading.

He put it down once he noticed her there.

They just stared at each other, neither knowing what to say.

Buffy went over to him and unexpectedly sat on his lap.

Spike didn’t know what she was doing, when she suddenly pressed her lips to his. He hesitated for a bit before eagerly returning the kiss. He wrapped his arms around her and held her closer, pulling away when oxygen became an issue for her and touching his forehead to hers. “Buffy, what are we doing?” he wondered.

Buffy pulled away to look into his eyes. “Just tell me that I’m not too late,” she whispered against his lips.

Spike didn’t know what she was talking about. “Too late for what?”

Buffy knew that she would have to clarify for him. “I know that you’re interested in Faith. I don’t even know if you love me anymore and I would understand if you didn’t. If you want her, then there’s nothing I can do about it. I’ll just have to accept it, but it won’t be easy.”

Spike silenced her with another kiss, this time slipping his tongue into her mouth.

She pulled away, the confusion evident on her face.

Spike only caressed her cheek. “I was never interested in Faith. It’s still always about you, Buffy. I’ll never stop loving you. There could never be anyone else.”

Buffy felt tears in her eyes again, but this time they were happier. “But you seemed so close.”

Spike shook his head. “We were only talking. I love you, Buffy.”

For the first time, she was really relieved to hear that. “I love you, too.”

Spike was obviously shocked at that statement.

She graced him with a smile. “I really do, Spike. I was going crazy when I saw you with her. I was so afraid that I was going to lose you. I don’t think I could bear that.”

Spike used his thumb to wipe one of her tears away. “You’ll never lose me, pet. I’m yours until the end of the world, even beyond that.”

Buffy smiled through her tears. “I think I can handle that.”

They soon found themselves lost in another heated lip lock.


* * * * *


Faith and Dawn were watching the couple make out from the top of the stairs.

The brunette Slayer smiled at the display, then turned to Dawn. “You did good, kid.”

Dawn shrugged. “I just wanted them to get together already. Buffy’s stubborn, she needed a push in the right direction. We all know how much she hates you stealing her men,” she said with a glare.

Faith held her hands up in surrender. “Hey, I’m not like that anymore. Lucky for her, I don’t boink the undead. We need her to be happier. From what I hear, this is gonna be one hell of a battle. If those two were together, we might have a bigger chance.”

“I couldn’t agree with you more,” Dawn claimed, continuing to stare at Buffy and Spike. “Okay, I’m done watching this now. I’m going to bed.” She walked away to do just that.

Faith watched them for a little while longer. “Hope you’re happy now, B,” she said to herself, then headed upstairs for some much needed rest.

The End


I know it wasn't much, just a little something that was in my head. Well, hope ya'll liked it and would leave me a review. I can't get enough=)