Author's Chapter Notes:
This is yet another short story that I came up with. I had the idea in my head and I decided to go with it. I wasn't going to put it in until I finished writing it, but I really wanted to see if anyone would like it. I’ll just say that things will be moving fast. It was probably because of my lack of ideas, but I figured you guys wouldn’t want me to take forever for the Spuffy goodness anyway. I really hope ya’ll would give this a chance and leave me a review. I'm sure you won't regret it. Thanks ever so=)
Chapter 1

“Buffy, wake up! God, you sleep like the dead.”

Buffy groaned and rubbed her eyes. She tried to focus on the person who was rudely shoving her. She groaned again when she saw her younger sister. “What do you want, Dawn? It’s Saturday,” she said groggily.

Dawn rolled her eyes. “It’s also eleven in the morning. Mom wants you to come down for breakfast.” She then ran out of the room after delivering the message.

Buffy sighed and got out of bed. “What a nice way to start the summer,” she said to herself, then changed her clothes and prepared for another fun breakfast with the family.


* * * * *


Buffy sat with her head down as she poked at her eggs.

Dawn rolled her eyes once again.

Her parents were just staring at her.

“Buffy, stop playing with your food. You should eat something,” her mother stated.

Buffy glanced up at her. “I’m not really hungry,” she responded.

Her mother sighed and decided to let it go.

“If Buffy doesn’t want to eat we can’t really force her, Joyce,” her father commented.

Buffy then turned her eyes on him.

“If she wants to remain skin and bones, then it’s her call.”

Buffy rolled her eyes and scooped up a forkful of egg, shoving it in her mouth. She gave her parents a fake smile and swallowed the food. “Are you satisfied now?”

Her father looked angry at the tone of her voice.

Joyce knew that look all too well. She placed a hand on his arm to calm him. “Let it go, Hank,” she said, then gazed back at her eldest daughter. “Buffy, show your father some respect.”

Buffy looked back down at her plate. “Yes, Mother,” she mumbled.

They were all quiet after that.

Dawn decided to speak up a few minutes later. “May I be excused? I wanted to call Janice.”

Joyce smiled at the young girl. “Of course, honey.”

Dawn smiled as well and got up from the table, then headed to the stairs.

Buffy rolled her eyes again when her sister was gone.

Dawn was a perfect angel and could do no wrong in her parents’ eyes. She was thirteen-years-old and would be starting high school soon.

Buffy would be going into her senior year of high school and she was actually excited about it. Anything to get her out of the house for a few hours. Most kids would be thrilled when summer started, but Buffy dreaded it. She knew it was going to be a very boring couple of months.

Hank cleared his throat and looked at his daughter, bringing her out of her reverie.

“I invited the Finn’s over tomorrow night, Buffy. I expect you to be here.”

Her eyes bulged at that. She tried to keep the anger out of her voice when she answered. “I had plans with my friends tomorrow night. I was going to meet them at the Bronze. You said I could go.”

Hank nodded and used a napkin to wipe his mouth. “That was before. This is very important to me, Buffy. You have the whole summer to spend with your friends,” he explained.

Buffy wouldn’t let it go. “Why do I have to be here? They’re your friends, not mine.”

Joyce placed another hand on Hank’s arm when it looked like he was going to lose his temper.

“You know why you have to be here. They are bringing their son, Riley. I think he would be good for you.”

Buffy rolled her eyes for what seemed to be the millionth time. Her parents always tried to force some wealthy, rich guy on her. They wanted her to marry someone important and she didn’t care about any of that. She was too young to even consider marriage, but they wouldn’t listen to anything she had to say. She only crossed her arms over her chest and remained silent.

Hank was glad that she wouldn’t argue about it anymore.

Buffy figured there was no point. She would never get to live her own life, anyway.


* * * * *


Buffy was beyond irritated the next night as she waited for the Finn’s to arrive. She stared in her mirror and frowned at the hideous, green dress her mother made her wear. She ran her fingers through her hair and let out a sigh.

“I hate my life.”

The doorbell suddenly rang.

She groaned and stared back at her reflection. “Let the fun begin.” She took a deep breath and left her room. She made her way downstairs and stopped before she reached the bottom. She saw her father and mother shake hands with the Finn’s and introduce themselves to the guy that she assumed was Riley. Buffy took a good look at him. He was tall and pretty attractive, but she could tell that he was probably very boring. Definitely not her type. She had a feeling it was going to be a very long night.


* * * * *


“We’re so glad that you could make it.” Hank said with a smile and noticed Buffy come down the stairs. “This is my daughter, Buffy.”

They smiled at her.

Hank finished the introductions. “This is Maggie, Adam, and Riley Finn.”

Buffy pasted a fake smile on her face as she greeted them. “It’s nice to meet you all.”

Maggie gave her a smile that seemed a little sinister. “Your parents have told us such wonderful things about you.”

Buffy raised her eyebrows and clearly wasn’t expecting that, but she only gave a small smile.

Hank then motioned everyone into the living room for drinks.

Buffy just sat there as the adults talked about things that she could care less about. She looked across from her at Riley, who only graced her with a friendly smile. Buffy smiled in return when she saw the look on his face. She could tell that he didn’t want to be there either and she had to respect him for that.

They left a few hours later.

Riley took Buffy’s hand and gave it a kiss. “It was nice to meet you.”

She nodded. “Yeah, same to you.”

He smiled and walked out of the house with his parents.

Hank and Joyce smiled at the display as well.

Buffy knew that she was in trouble. She heard them talking later that night when they thought she was asleep.

They were talking about how great Riley was and how he would make a perfect husband for her.

Buffy rolled her eyes and went up to her room. She lay in bed and thought about everything that she overheard. Riley seemed like a decent enough guy, but he definitely wasn’t right for her. She wanted someone more interesting, someone that could take her away from everything. She just wanted to feel free for the first time in her life. She always hoped to see the world and knew that she would never get the chance with her parents controlling everything that she did. She would be turning eighteen in a little over a month and they still treated her like a child. She sighed and tried to get some sleep, hoping that things would soon change for her.