Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote this before the comic book came out. This is how I WILL see how the history between them took place. Mostly since JM (before Fool For Love) always thought Spike was a bad ass even as a human.
“William?” Halfrek said in surprise. No, it can’t be. This isn’t the man I knew back when I was human.

“Wait a minute…” Spike replied, the same thoughts ran through his head.

“You two know each other?” Buffy said. She was almost jealous because of way the Vengeance Demon said his name. Like a long lost lover.

“No.” Halfrek said quickly, though horrified that it was confirmed that this was William.

“Not really.” Trying to cover because he did sense the small amount of jealousy Buffy was feeling.
* * *

The spell was broken and everyone left the house, besides Buffy and Dawn who decided they finally needed some quality sister bonding time.

Spike continued his walk to his crypt, only too sure that Buffy would be there tomorrow. He sensed someone behind him and he turned around to meet the demon.

“Long time, William.” Halfrek greeted. Her demon face was gone so that she looked exactly like the woman Spike remembered.

“Not long enough Cecily. Or is it Halfrek now?” Spike said with hurtful anger. Remembering all too well the heartache she brought him. Mostly because he was feeling some heartache recently.

“I prefer to go by Hallie, but whichever you choose.” The Vengeance Demon said unaffected by Spike’s anger. “So you go by Spike now? You look good, besides the fact that you’re a vampire. When did that happen anyway?”

More hurtful memories started to pile up in Spike’s mind when his answer reminded him of Drusilla. He started to wonder how he let so many women hurt him so much. “When do you think?”

Hallie looked back to the house where she trapped everyone and then back at Spike. “Are you with that… blond girl?” She tried hard not to sound jealous, but failed.

“Why, jealous? Gonna try to do some vengeance on her for being with me?” He was almost feeling satisfied that the woman who dropped him flat, who said she was above him, was completely jealous that he was seeing someone else.

“No. But from what I hear, she’s the Slayer. That just makes for an interesting pairing. No doubt a lot of pain will come out of it.” She started to smirk as she said this, seeing that there has already been pain, emotional and obviously physical from his swollen eye. “So if you ever need anything to… get even. Just call my name, whichever name.” Then she disappeared.

Spike snorted a bit, defending himself from the air that replaced her form. In a huff, he continued to walk back to his crypt with his head down and hands in his pockets.
* * *
“D’Hoffryn!!!” Hallie screamed into the void of Arash Ma’har

As soon as it was spoken, her boss, D’Hoffryn poofed right in front of her. Hallie was a bit startled by this. ”What’s wrong Halfrek?” He said with a fatherly concern.

“He’s back. She’s back. And what’s worse… They’re together again!” Halfrek shouted while pacing and waving her arms about.

“Whoa, calm down Hallie.” He grabbed her arms and held her steady. “Now, who are you talking about?”

“William and Elizabeth. They’re back and they’re together… again!” Hallie then felt that it was ok to cry since D’Hoffryn knows that this was a sensitive topic for her. He held her close and stroked her hair and she began to speak again, “How is it possible? I was careful in my curse so that William and Elizabeth never get together EVER again.”

“We’ll see what we can do.” D’Hoffryn comforted.
* * *
1880, London

William stood on a small pedestal that was made just for occasions such as this, as he read his poetry to the crowd. When he finished, they all applauded him and his brilliant way with words. He stepped down and removed his glasses, which he only needed to read. He received many pats on the back and comments on what they thought about his poems. He pushes through the crowd so he could reach his fiancé in the back.

“I wrote that for you, Cecily.” He said with a smile to the woman he would marry.

“It was beautiful William.” She then gave him a kiss on the cheek.

He broke away when he noticed that Cecily brought her maid with her. “Hello Elizabeth, I didn’t know you were going to be here.” He greeted, making perfect eye contact with the petite blond.

“She has always been a fan of poetry. And since she finished her chores early today, I let her join me.” Cecily answered, oblivious to the strong connection the two had.

Still staring at the maid, “Oh really?” He gave her a smirk before turned back to Cecily, “That was very generous of you, my sweet.” He took her hand and kissed her knuckles.

Cecily giggled, she was amazed that she was able to snatch a suitor this sweet and gentle. “It is getting late, William. We really should head back to the estate.” She tried to sound seductive on the last part, but she was always the shy girl.

“Yes, perhaps you’re right.” He said, giving Elizabeth a quick glance. “Shall we be off then?” he offered his arm to Cecily who took it. Elizabeth walked on the other side of William, wishing that she would be able to grab onto his arm in public. William then gave her a look that told her that he wished that too.
* * *
In the coach, William and Cecily sat side by side while Elizabeth sat opposite. Elizabeth never really liked Cecily, and her hatred became stronger when she became engaged to William.

She remembered the first time she met the charming William. The first time he came on the estate two years ago. He wore a slightly faded black suit that was a bit small on his chest, hugging him tightly, perfectly outlining his strong abs. She was about to serve tea, but the image of him took her breath away so much that she dropped the tray, spilling tea on the floor and breaking the fine china. Cecily was most displeased but William came to Elizabeth’s rescue and asked Cecily for a tour while Elizabeth cleaned up. She remembers the smile he gave when he did this. He didn’t see her as a maid, but as a woman, almost a noblewoman. It was a feeling that made her heart jump.

She remembered the first time he kissed her. A few days after William and Cecily’s engagement. Elizabeth was tossing and turning all night, knowing he was in the same house and knowing he was now promised to another woman. She finally left her room to go to the kitchen to get a glass of warm milk. But she was spooked when she heard a frustrated growl in the common room. There sat William, pen and parchment in hand, many crumpled pieces of paper occupied the floor near him. He finally looked up at her and removed his glasses making her stomach flutter with butterflies. After greeting each other he offered her to sit down next to him and she happily accepted. They talked the night away and were so fascinated by one another that they didn’t realize the dawn. But then Elizabeth yawned and William realized the time on the grandfather clock. She looked so exhausted that William helped her back to her room. And there he kissed her as he sat her down on the bed. Elizabeth never slept better in all her life before that night.

Looking at Cecily now, who was looking out the window of the coach, she felt more hatred now then ever. How can you sit next to this glorious man and pay him no attention? she thought. So in her mistress’s stead, she gave William the attention he deserved.

Elizabeth was careful not to make a sound as she took off one of her shoes. She then moved her foot to touch William’s leg. He noticed her doing this the whole time and smile at her as she moved her foot further up his leg. He was about to gasp, but he remembered his fiancé’s presence. He bit his mouth shut as her foot massaged the bulge in his pants, which grew with every stoke.

“We’re here!” Cecily exclaimed to her fellow passengers. Elizabeth quickly retracted her foot and put it on her hand, pretending to massage it from all the hours standing. William tried the hardest he could to look casual. He didn’t look all the convincing but Cecily was a bit of a simpleton.

William got out first when the coach stopped and then opened the door for his lady… and her mistress.
* * *
Noble people never wanted to spoil a marriage by having intercourse before the wedding night, or so they say. But for that case, William and Cecily slept in separate rooms, which, conveniently for Elizabeth, were in separate wings of the mansion.

If it were up to Elizabeth, she would’ve spent every night in William’s bed. But she had to hide the affair and she hated it. Hated the cold nights alone, fully aware that William too was alone in his bed.

But this night was different. It’s been three days since Elizabeth has been in William’s arms and she knew she couldn’t wait any longer.

Cecily retired to her room after hearing William say that he was so tired that he didn’t know if he could survive the walk up to his room. He only said this out loud to tell Elizabeth that he couldn’t wait any longer either. She always thought of him as a sly devil.

All was quiet except for the small squeaks that followed Elizabeth as she slowly walked to William’s room. She checked on her mistress and she was fast asleep, snoring away. She opened the door to William’s room and found it empty. She looked around curiously until she was grabbed from behind. She gave a small squeal but William quickly covered her mouth with his big, firm hands. He turned her around, giving her a perfect view of his bare chest. She looked up into his eyes and melted from the beauty that stood before her, holding her.

He moved his hands to both sides of her cheeks as he pulled her in for a passionate kiss. Their lips parted at the same time so their tongues massaged each other, oh so intimately. They savored the taste of one another, showing how much they needed this. William’s hand came to the back of her hair to let her golden locks fall on her back and shoulders. His fingers ran through her soft, silky hair and moaned into her mouth when he pulled her in deeper into the kiss. She gasped at his need for her.

While one hand was behind her head, the other traced the curves of her body, stopping at the waist and pulling her to rub against his groin. She broke the kiss for air, wondering how she lasted so long in the first place.

“I love you, William.” She said, panting.

His forehead rested on hers, panting himself. “I love you too, Buffy.”

Buffy became a William’s secret nickname for her. It was at least easier to come up with words the rhymed with Buffy than Elizabeth. He would only call her that when they were alone, but he grew so fond of her nickname that calling her Elizabeth felt too alien and wrong. He kissed her again, it wasn’t as passionate as the last, but needy. He so wanted to taste her, to feel her, to be inside her.

“I’m going to tell her.” He said in between his kisses. “I don’t want to do this to you anymore. I love you and I want to be with you…” A deep, scorching kiss, “…forever.” Then he was at her throat, kissing, licking, nibbling.

“But… oh… what about… ah… your family… gasp… the estate.”

“Doesn’t matter,” he whispered in her ear as he nibbled her lobe. “You’re all that matters.”

With that, she jumped, wrapping her legs around his waist. He grabbed her ass with both hands to make sure she won’t fall and guided her to the bed to lay her down. As quickly as she could, she untied and unhooked her dress. With the same pace, William undid his pants.

William started low, at her feet. Sucking every toe and giving the littlest toe a small bite. Elizabeth licked her lips at the sight of him. His hand came to massage her feet, his thumb pressing down hard on her arch. His mouth then went up to her ankle, his tongue tracing every vein that popped out at him. His hands went higher without him. The fingers drawing circles on the soft skin, drawing in closer to her inner thigh, spreading them apart wider.

Elizabeth’s head slammed into the pillows at the feel of him thrusting a finger into her opening while his thumb rubbed hard on her clit. William was kissing her knees by the time he let a second finger join inside Elizabeth. He was licking her thigh when a third went in, stretching her insides, preparing them. His fingers explored her insides, desperate to find her most sensitive nerves and then hitting the mother-load.

He looked up at the woman he would sacrifice everything for. She looked back at him and tried to speak. Her voice was gone at the feel of him, but he could read her mouth saying, need you. With that, he climbed up her body, only stopping to lick her aroused nipples. He kissed her, his tongue tracing her lips until she finally opened them.

Just as he thrusted his tongue into her mouth, his length rammed inside her entry. Elizabeth’s eyes rolled back into her skull at the scorching pleasure his shaft gave her. She raised her legs to wrap around his waist to pull him in all the way and gyrating up to greet his every thrust. She screamed when he was buried inside all the way. William letting out loud growl to go along with her.

The room was filled with grunts, moans, and screams as he came out only leaving in the head, and thrusted back in up to the hilt. She then arched her back giving William the opportunity to feast on the milky skin of her breasts.

As the climax started to hit her, she grabbed onto William’s hair tight with one hand and the pillow next to her with the other. As he felt himself go over the edge, he quickened to pace. Thrusting in all the way every time, and every time hitting the mother-load of pleasurable nerves.

Their screaming shook the entire mansion… and awoke Cecily.
* * *
“You’re incredible.” Elizabeth sighed as she rubbed her hands around William’s chest and resting her head on his shoulder.

“You’re amazing.” He kissed her forehead affectionately. “I promise that we’ll do this everyday from now on.” He said while looking into her hazel eyes.

She smiles and looks back down at his chest as she continues to trace the lines of his muscles. Then a thought goes through her head and makes her frown. “You told Cecily that the poem you read today was about her...”

“Oh no, she has never been the inspiration for any of my poems. I wrote it for you, all my poems are about you, for you.” He assured her. He grabbed her chin and tilted her head up for a passionate kiss. Elizabeth’s hand cupped his cheek and she kissed back, opening her mouth inviting his tongue in. He gladly accepted the invitation.

She had the man she loved in her arms and soon he would be there all the time without fear of hiding. She thought life couldn’t get any better. And sadly she was right.

The door to their room flew open to revel Cecily staring at the couple. If Elizabeth didn’t know better she would’ve though flames sparked from her eyes.

“You whore!” Cecily screamed at the blond. As is by magic, she got Elizabeth out of the bed and dragged her down the hall by her hair. As soon as William realized what was going on he jumped out of bed and tried to stop Cecily. But before he could lay a hand on her, he found himself being flung against the wall by a strong force, nearly knocking him out.

Elizabeth found herself into the room that Cecily told everyone was forbidden to all. It was here that Cecily meddled in the dark magics.

Cecily tied up her traitorous maid and placed her in the middle of the pentacle. She yanked Elizabeth’s hair so she could look into completely black eyes, “I’m going to curse you into a life that has no hope for a love that you tried to steal from me with William!” Elizabeth was terrified and tears poured down from her cheeks. She heard Cecily chant something in what seemed to be Latin.

The last thing Elizabeth saw before she vanished was William reaching the door screaming for Cecily to stop. But it was too late. Elizabeth was gone, never to be seen in this lifetime ever again.

As soon as Cecily was done, she saw her naked fiancé weeping for his slut. “Don’t think that you are going to go unpunished, my sweet William.” He didn’t bother to put up a fight. To him, with his Buffy now gone, he had nothing. He was nothing. And that is exactly what Cecily cursed him into, a life where he was nothing.
* * *
“You’re beneath me.” She told a pathetic William as she walked away. An evil grin lighting her face as she left.

All of a sudden a burst of lightning happened out of nowhere and she found herself faced with a demon with 4 horns on his head.

“That was the best vengeance I’ve seen in very long time. Turned a man who was loved and adored by all into a pathetic excuse of a man. Bravo. My name is D’Hoffryn. I’ve come to offer you the opportunity of a lifetime.”

“What kind of opportunity?” Cecily questioned. She knew demons such as him existed but most would gladly rip your guts out at the first sign of a human, they wouldn’t offer you anything unless it came with a price.

“To do what you did with your ex-fiancé there. To give women like yourself the satisfaction of vengeance. Are you interested?”

“What’s the catch?” Cecily was deeply skeptical.

“No catch. Only Immortality and the power to give justice to those who has been hurt by others. I am merely impressed by your power and creativity. Do you want it?”

“Oh yes.”
* * *
2002, Sunnydale

Now here she was watching Buffy Summers walk into Spike’s crypt. She should have known that they would end up together again. There was no separating couples like them. They loved each other so much in their former lives. Loved each other enough to have the Fates take notice and bring them together.

Halfrek just hoped that their brains would win over their hearts. They maybe together again, but it seemed too late. Both have been faced with so much heartache that they can’t completely trust the other with theirs.

“God I hate soul mates!”

THE END
(But I'm working on a sequel that takes place during Season 7)