This story is based on a brilliant idea Carol came up with, and was kind enough to let me see what I could do with it -- many Spuffy thanks.

Author’s notes: The *’s in the first chapter mean the answering machine is talking.

CHAPTER ONE

*You have five new messages*

“Spike, dah-ling, I’ve been calling you all week! I was hoping we could have a little more fun before I left for Milan fashion week -- give me a ring would you?”

“Hey, Baby, it’s your Nikki. Last night was spectacular -- I was wandering if we could have a repeat performance tonight -- call me.”

“Hello Spike, this is Candi, I know it was supposed to be just for one night, but I can’t stop thinking about you. I have to see you again. Maybe this time I could be the doctor.”

“Spike, sweetheart, it’s Jennifer. I’m going to be in L.A. early next week for a Vogue photo shoot. Please, don’t let my visit across the pond be a complete waste of time, if you know what I mean. Call me back.”

“Spike you son of a bitch! You are by far the biggest, most . . .” the message ended abruptly as a hand leapt to stop the voice short.

A long finger reached to press delete, hesitated, then walked away leaving all the sultry voices intact. Spike sauntered to the fridge, grabbing a bottle of water and taking a long swig before setting it down on the counter. He whipped off his sweat soaked t-shirt from his morning skate and threw it in the general direction of the hallway hamper.

Spike was making his way to the shower when the phone rang. Smirking cockily, he picked it up.

“What are you wearing?” the voice purred.
Spike’s tongue found the back of his teeth, “Just about what I was born in, luv.”

The voice on the other end closed her eyes and took a minute to revel in the thought of his cut muscles, six-pack abs, and tight ass.

Spike smiled at her obvious contemplation, “What do ya need, Lilah?”

“I need a certain sexy young photographer for some mind-blowing, on-the-top-of-my-corporate-desk sex . . . .” Spike waited moment. “Oh, and I have an offer for the biggest project of your life.”

Spike smirked, “I’ll be right down.”