Chapter 2:

Thank so much for all the reviews on this story! I hope you all like the upcoming chapters and that the story keeps you as much intrigued as I am writing it!

Weeks had passed and the girl was still alive. She stayed in Angelus's room, he never allowed her to roam the mansion or talk to others. He was very adamant about keeping her to himself.

Tonight though Angelus was letting her join them while they attended a party on the upper Eastside of London. Drusilla was growing weary of stale blood from the poor, homeless off the streets. So, Angelus decided they should fill their stomachs with the richness of pure blue blood.

The girl was bathed and dressed in an elegant gown that once belonged to Darla. It almost fit her perfectly except for the fact that Darla had been taller then her.

When she entered the room where they were waiting Spike almost thought she looked as beautiful as Dru. Almost.

The girl looked up and met Spikes gaze. She smiled a little before quickly averting them and lowering her head once more.

"Ah, there she is," Angelus said when he to noticed her.

Dru touched Angelus lightly on the arm, drawing his attention away from the girl. "My tummy aches."

Angelus rolled his eyes. "Well, Dru if you hadn't of fed off that sick homeless before, your tummy wouldn't ache now would it?"

"Don't worry, pet," Spike soothed. "Once that rich blood hits your stomach it will quell any aches you have."

"The carriages are ready."

Angelus grabbed the girl by the elbow and guided her outside and into the carriage. Spike and Dru entered right behind them.

"Can I bring one home?" Dru asked referring to one of the socialites they would meet at the party.

"Dru you know we aren't invited to this party," Angel calmly explained. "Please try not to draw attention to yourself."

"Don't worry Angelus, she'll be with me the whole night."

"Yes, my Spike and I will have fun tonight." Dru said running her finger along his cheekbone.

Spike sucked in his bottom lip and closed his eyes. He felt Dru slice his skin with her nail, drawing blood. Her lips closed over the wound and sucked. Spikes eyes drifted open and he saw the girl watching them in awe.

"Don't they make a cute couple," Angelus sneered.

The girl looked away at the sound of Angelus's voice.

Spike moved his eyes to Angel and asked, "What do you plan to do at this party Angelus? Usually you mingle with the fresh debutantes. But, seeing as you have everything you need here," he continued, gesturing to the girl. "That wont be the case tonight, will it?"

"We'll see....we'll see."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All four arrived at the party with the aura that they belonged there. Heads turned, conversations halted. Many wondering who they were and why they never saw them before.

Angelus smiled broadly, causing many ladies hearts to skip a beat. The girl remained at his side, her head lowered.

Spike, however, lavished all his attention on his dark princess. Never once taking his eyes off her.

"The smell of their blood is overwhelming," Dru whispered to Spike. She tentatively reached out her hand trying to touch the nearest person that walked by.

Spike pulled her hand back. "Not now, luv," he instructed bringing her hand up to his mouth and kissing her knuckles.

"Mummy's hungry."

"First we blend," Angelus told them while leading them through the crowd of people.

"Then you can take your pick of whatever human you fancy."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike groaned in frustration. He had left Drusilla alone for one minute, one bleeding minute, and now she was gone. He had frantically searched every lower area of the house but had no luck in finding her. Now he was standing up high looking over the crowd hoping he would spot her.

Minutes passed until he saw someone who shouldn't be alone, the girl. She was standing by some french doors that were open and led to a patio outside. He noticed how her demeanor was different. The shy, quiet girl she was around Angelus didn't appear to be the way she was now. Her head was held high, her shoulders square and a small smile played on her lips. Each person who passed her she greeted. Occasionally someone would make her laugh and her smile would widen and her eyes would light up.

Spike shook his head. This girl was definitely up to something. He was about to start his search for Dru again until he saw a man approach the girl. The man said something which caused her to nod and slip her hand into his. The man then led her outside onto the patio.

Spike didn't wait a second before he was making his way through the crowd and out the french doors.

"There you are," he cried coming up behind the girl and placing his arm around her middle. "I've been looking all over for you."

Spike kissed her temple and felt her tense.

The man who had taken her outside stared at Spike.

"I'm sorry....I didn't realize," the man stuttered. "She was standing alone. I thought she
might want some company. I didn't know she was taken."

Spike grinned. "Thats all right mate."

The man looked at the girl and smiled. "I was asking her her name. I saw her across the room and I had to know who this breathtaking lady was."

Spike puckered his lips, amused by the mans lack of morals. It was obvious Spike had declared the girl taken and yet the man was still trying to woo her.

He turned his head and studied the girl he still had his arm around. Her face was downward. Gently he nudged her. "I think the man wants to know your name, luv."

Slowly the girl lifted her head. "Bu.....Elizabeth Summers," she spoke softly, extending her hand out.

TBC....................