Buffy woke up with one thought in her mind. Spike. What pain he must have endured from the First and the Bringers, over the last couple of days. Buffy missed him while he was away; she worried about his well being, both mentally and bodily. She sat on her bed brushing her hair, wondering about Spike and thought about ways to make him feel better after this recent trauma. Buffy washed her face, brushed her teeth, and got prettied up. He needed some pampering. Buffy thought she should start his day with breakfast in bed.

The Slayer walked downstairs in her white nightgown. It was lacy and short, but not too provocative. She looked at Spike sleeping soundly in the cot she set up for him. He looked so innocent when he was sleeping, so sweet. Buffy admired his cheekbones and perfect lips, the only problem when looking at his face while he was in slumber was the fact that his blue eyes couldn't sparkle in to hers.

Buffy wanted him up in her room, but was afraid how her friends and the potential slayers would frown upon her nuzzling up to the blonde vampire. She tip toed to the cot and crawled under the covers with him. The so-called "Big Bad" purred like a little cat, deep in his throat, Buffy guessed it was the animal instinct within the vampire that caused the sound.

His body was cool, but was a comfortable temperature under the blue blanket she provided him with. Spike's chest was muscled and hard, but yet so comfortable to rest upon. Her legs contacted with his and felt how soft his skin was. Buffy used her fingertips and traveled to locations all over his body. She noticed that under the covers he was naked and wanted to touch him between the legs, but didn't want him to tempt him into activities, if he was not ready for, since he had been recently physically beaten and mentally brutalized.

She had tended his wounds last night, but was careful to avoid those spots on his body, especially those deep cuts in those ritualistic patterns. When she rescued him they were beginning to heal, but wanted to prevent infection, but she forgot he was immune, because he was a vampire and couldn't get an infection. She just liked taking care of him.

Buffy kissed him on the lips, very gingerly. "Spike?" She whispered and then put her lips on him once more.

This second kissed made him stir a little. She ran her fingers through his platinum hair. "Baby, are you O.K.?" Asking softly with concern.

Spike was weak and she could tell. He moaned and finally uttered, "Buffy?"

"Yea, I'm here, for you." She assured him. "It's me and I'm here to take care of you."

He smiled forced a grin and then the smile grew wider. "Slayer, thanks, I need you."

Buffy held him tighter, closer to her beating heart. "I want to be with you forever, I missed you while you were away." She kissed him again, this time on the cheek.

"Luv, you know how to get a fella's motor revin'." Spike kissed her passionately, but not with his full intensity. Buffy opened her mouth and their tongues found each other. Both parties melted into one another and the pain in their worlds drifted away. Languid calm strokes created moments that were quite sensual and loving.

Buffy pulled away. "Spike?"

"Yea, I'm here, pet."

"The reason I came down here was to serve you breakfast in bed."

"I don't see any food or smell microwaved blood." He chuckled.

Buffy moved her hair away from her neck. "Spike, drink from me."

He was surprised. Last year, during all their experiences as lovers, he never bit her. Spike wanted to more than anything, since it was part of a vampire's lovemaking repertoire. Buffy thought when Angel bit her it was so erotic, but wanted it to be special with Spike, the timing never felt right.

"Buffy." He said her name in reverence and awe. "I love you."

He swiftly morphed in to his vamp face. Sunk his fangs into her neck, over the scars Angel and the other vampires had left. Buffy whimpered at the initial penetration, but knew what to expect, after a few seconds she reveled in the sensation. He barred down into her flesh, marking her as his. Her warm blood flowed down his throat; he had never felt so content in his whole unlife.

Spike extracted her blood gradually; it was excruciatingly slow. The vampire wanted to savor every moment of this experience, to remember every last detail. It was different from the others, not as violent, but sweet, he didn't want to hurt her. He caressed her hair, sweetly touched her face. Buffy wondered if it had to do with Spike being in a weakened state or was it because he loved her. Buffy felt her heart beat faster; she could feel herself getting aroused. The vampire drank down several gulps and retracted his pointed teeth. Spike refrained his inbred instinct to drain her dry. His human face was back and licked away the blood from the two marks. Spike also kissed her neck on and around the spots he fed on her.

"Thanks, luv, I think that will bring me back to health in no time." Spike was still in shock about the wonderful gesture his Buffy had made. "Slayer blood is always the sweetest, but yours is special, unique, and perfect."

"Spike, I thought you needed it, fresh human blood." Buffy smiled. "And I needed to be close to you again." She kissed him on the forehead.

She started to get out of the bed. "You need your rest."

Spike grabbed her back into his arms. "Buffy, I've marked you now, you're mine."

"I've always been yours, just haven't admitted it to myself." She confessed.

"See you have the reminder now, on your neck." Spike kissed her throat again.

"I love you. I really do." Buffy said as she crawled out of bed. "Now you go and have sweet dreams."

"You know I will dream about you." He closed his eyes and she walked up the stairs.

Willow noticed Buffy coming up from the basement. She turned to her friend, "Buffy, your neck is bleeding!"

Buffy beamed a winning smile. "I know."


The End