Author's Chapter Notes:
Please be gentle and consider the fact that English is not my first language when you reads this. Thanks
She was running down the corridor, her breathing hard, trying to get the room as far behind her as she could. The voices behind her were still shouting as she hurried past the heavy mahogany doors. There it was, her room, just a little further. She ran faster, the tears running down her cheeks, leaving grey trails of mascara. She threw the door open and closed it behind her just as fast before leaning against the dark wood. She let herself slide down to the floor and buried her head in her knees. The room was pitch black and it soothed her. Suddenly she heard a movement and a small lamp at the bedside table was turned on.

”Who the hell are you?”

A voice. A male voice came from the bed. She looked up only to stare right into a pair of ice blue eyes. A man was lying on the double bed, steadying himself on his elbows and glaring at her. He was wearing nothing but a pair of black jeans. Who was this man, and what was he doing in her room? She looked around. No extra large suitcase with all of her clothes, no make-up spread out on the table underneath the mirror. No mess of god-knows-what on the floor – the hallmark of Buffy Summers. She could only draw one conclusion: this wasn’t her room.

She gulped and dried her tears with the back of her hand.

”Who are you?” she asked.

”Spike. Now get the hell out of my suite.”

”Spike? Is that actually a name?” Buffy had in an instant forgotten all about the reasons why she was crying and was showing an utter interest in the bleached blonde man before her.

”It’s my name, and didn’t I tell you to get out? Young birds like yourself shouldn’t be running into the rooms of strangers, I might just be the worst kind of Big Bad you’ve met…”

He had changed his tone from irritated into almost-seducing in one sentence. Inside he was kicking himself. *Just get it on with it and eat the chit! This is free room service! She’s practically begging for it!*

”Oh yeah? What are you gonna do - eat me?” Buffy taunted.

”As a matter of fact, that’s exactly what I’m gonna do.”

”Oh…”

At this point Buffy’s cheeks had turned into a shade very much like one of a tomato. Spike could smell the distinct scent of her arousal from where he was lying on the bed. It was clear that Buffy had a complete different view on what ”eating her” meant.

*Bloody buggering hell! She was supposed to be frightened, not horny for Christ’s sake!*

”That’s it! You’re out!”

”No please, come on!” Buffy remembered why she was hiding and quickly stood up, covering the door with her petite body as if some invisible force would open the door and throw her out if she didn’t.

”Can’t I…just…hang out here for a while..please?” She had started crying again and was looking at the vampire with pleading eyes. But of course Buffy didn’t know that he was a vampire, no more than she knew that such creatures existed.

Spike was just about to say something when he heard raised voices coming from somewhere on the other side of the door.

”Buffy? Honey, please open the door?”
”Buffy Anne Summers - open the door this very instant!”
”Hank, stop it! Buffy? Come on, let us in and we can talk about this, okay?”

The two adults were glaring at each other while banging on the door on the opposite side of the corridor.

Spike gave out a small chuckle. *Looks like someone had been a bad, bad girl*

”They looking for you?”

Buffy just nodded, her gaze steady on the blood red wall-to-wall carpet.

”So what did ya do? And by the way, Buffy? And you’re complaining about my name…”

”There’s nothing wrong with my name!” She looked up glaring at the vampire.

”No? You wanna know what I think? I think your parents must have been either completely drunk or complete lunatics to name their girl Buffy.”

”My mother gave me that name!”

”Yeah yeah.” What was he doing, actually talking to the girl? ”So what did you do?” Yeah, he was curious. He was gonna eat her, just wait.

”What makes you think I did something?” Buffy spat.

”Well, they’re not banging on that door looking for me, are they?”

Buffy just mumbled something incoherently under her breath as Spike, now sitting on the edge of the bed, sighed.

”Well? Are you going? Cos what I said earlier about eating you an’ all, that’s true. Hurting girls like yourself, that’s what I do.” He smirked proudly.

”Yeah, what are you? A serial killer? The big heartbreaker?”

”Lil’ bit of both”

Buffy just snorted. ”Yeah, right.”

Spike by now was beyond irritated. This chit had the nerve to not only come in here and think that he was some kind of day care for whining teenagers, but question his evil ways? She was going to die in a most painful way… As Spike was listing possible satisfying ways to kill her there was a moment of silence.

”Were you sleeping?” The question took Spike back to reality.

”What of it?” Spike was on the verge of knocking her unconscious but stopped himself from doing so since he hadn’t yet decided whether or not he should rape her before killing her. *Hell, she’d probably give herself freely* he thought.

Buffy gave out another loud snort. ”It’s two o’clock. In the afternoon.” She gave him one of her famous ’duh’ looks.

”You’re really one annoying bint aren’t ya?”

”Bint?” she raised her eyebrows.

”Oh bloody hell! I’m evil! That’s when I’m out! In the night?”

Right. Evil? You’re not any more scary than a puppy.”

Before Buffy knew what happened she was thrown on the floor and Spike was on top of her straddling her, holding her wrists in a firm grip above her head. He bent down to whisper in her ear.

”A puppy, eh?”

”God that tickles!” Instead of – what Spike was hoping for – Buffy trembling in terror, she was squirming beneath him laughing and shaking her head as if she had got water in her ear or as if someone was – as Spike was apparently doing – tickling her.

Spike stood up quickly, looking down at the blonde teenager. ”What?!”

Buffy sat up rubbing her ear ”God that tickled. Guess you’re really like a puppy, huh? My neighbor’s dog always does that: jumps me and starts licking me all over my face, and you know it’s really icky cuz - dog breath? Eww- and you try to get her off and then she’s at your ears with her yucky breath and it so tickles and -”

”I’m no soddin’ puppy!” Spike interrupted her rant.

This was the time that he should have shown her his fang face and suck her dry, but his pride was seriously damaged and he wanted to get back at her. Badly. Besides, if he showed her his fangs now, it would ruin the surprise later. He just loved that look his victims got on their faces and the way they stammered ”You’re…that’s…you’re not human!” The thought of this Buffy chit in terror put him in a slightly better mood.

”So I guess I’ll just hang out here then, I can sleep too if you don’t mind, I mean, mom woke me up at eight so I’m…” she trailed off, the mention of her mom only brought up the reason she was in this stranger’s suite.

*Sleep? This bird wanted to sleep?* Before he had the chance to react, Buffy had gotten up and made her way towards the bed.

”Oooh look, you’ve got satin sheets! That’s so unfair! I’ve only got these white boring things, and I’m telling you, someone must have forgotten fabric softener there.” She was crawling up the bed arranging the pillows as she liked before she curled down underneath the covers.

Buffy was surprised at herself by her actions. She’d actually laid down in the bed of a complete stranger. If her mom found out about this, she would be dead, no doubt about it. But this Spike guy was hot! Older yes, but she’d never been the type to date boys of her own age; they were as Buffy herself would have said it ’like soo immature’. And Spike was, according to Buffy, just adorable. The way he tried to make himself look like a bad boy! Buffy smiled to herself.

Since it was a big bed and all, Spike wasn’t even very close to the blonde girl, but seeing her get into his bed had made him more than a little aroused. *This is bloody crazy!* he thought. A teenage human girl lying in his bed without being scared at all! He had given up all thoughts of raping her, this had become far too personal. The best thing would be if she just got out of his life as soon as possible. Doing anything other than raping her would be a disgrace to his black princess, wherever she was.

”You better get out. Your parents are looking for you.” Oh great, now he sounded like a complete wanker.

”But it’s so nice and comfy here.” She ignored the comment about her parents and pouted, something that always got her anything she wanted from her dad.

”Out. Now.” Spike threw the door of the hotel room open and tilted his head to show that he was serious. Luckily for Buffy, but not for Spike, Joyce and Hank Summers have left the corridor and were now in the elevator on their way down. By the time they’ve reached the lobby, Buffy had started crying again.

”Oh for Christ’s sake, stop that wailing!” Spike closed the door again, not wanting any unwanted attention from guests who were wondering what was up.

”He’s leaving!”

”Who now?”

”Dad! They’re getting a divorce! And it’s all my fault!”

Spike was stunned. Really. It was a long time since he had been among the living and the only time people cried around him was the minutes before he killed them, screaming for their lives. He had forgotten that humans cried about tons of other stupid reasons. So he was, to say the least - stunned. And this girl actually thought it was her fault her father was leaving? Bloody humans and their conscience.

”Well BU-HU!”

Buffy looked at him in shock, but anger was soon rising in her eyes

”So your parents are splitting up, big deal! It’s not like they’re dead! And by the way they were running around outside my door and I bet they love you bunches.” His tone was mocking – everything but compassionate.

”That’s what your crying about? ’Poor little Buffy - all her fault’ playing the martyr. Well, do you know what I think, luv? I bet your father is one of those men who has at least two mistresses and a family on the side, what do you think?!”

”You do?”

”Yep.” He threw himself down on the bed beside her, making the whole piece of furniture rock.

”Wait! My father does not have a mistress!” She sat up. ”He loves my mom more than anything, they are going to be together forever!”

”Really love, so why a divorce?”

She started sobbing, if possible, even harder. ”But he promised! It was this whole thing in the church and there were rings and flowers and kisses and…and…”

”It’s called a wedding, luv”

”But they can’t break up! They’re my parents!”

This whole scene would have been heartbreaking if Spike only had some kind of a conscience, and since he hadn’t, he was feeling a bit uncomfortable. Sure, it was nice to see a girl in misery, but right now she was crying and wiping her eyes on his sheets.

”I mean, what’s gonna happen now?” she sniffed. ”I’m gonna be one of those divorce children who lives one week at mom’s and one week at dad’s and what are everyone gonna think of me and what am I going to do?!”

She threw herself at him, or to be more exact, her head in his lap, and started sobbing uncontrollably. Spike was again in complete shock. He had no idea what to do besides patting her head, which he did in a most uncomfortable way. The Big Bad who always had something to say, even in matters he knew nothing about was silenced by this young girl.

Finally Buffy stopped crying and there was an uncomfortable silence. Buffy wiped her red nose with the covers on his thighs before changing the subject.

”So what do you do?” She was determined to not think about her parents.

”Do? I’m a creature of the night, I don’t do anything in particular, pet.”

”But if you’re unemployed, how could you afford this suite?” she looked at him curiously.

”Well, I stole for it, of course. Robbed a bunch of uptown brats of their lunch money, was what I did. I can be right damn scary, you know.”

”So you’re a thief?”

”Among other things.”

”Hmm...” was her only answer.

He knew that this wasn’t the way it was supposed to be but feeling her so close gave him a strange longing for something he hadn’t wanted for…ever in his unlife. Being human.

Buffy scooted closer to him, resting her head on his naked chest and snuggled against him. She gave out a small sigh before falling asleep.

”Thanks, Spike.”

Spike just stared at the sleeping fourteen-year-old lying practically on top of him. He should have thrown her off, he should have drained her without a doubt, he should have done anything but just lie there enjoying the feel of her warmth.



A/N: So that was it. The first fic I post. This may seem like a beginning to a PWP, but I tell you it's not I've actually got some kind of plot if you guys would like me to continue.

Please give me a review even if it is only to complain about my English or telling me to stop writing.