Author's Chapter Notes:
This is the first fic I've ever posted and feedback would be nice. I've been reading fanfic for about 4 years now but I didn't think my stuff was all that good but I'll let you be the judge of that. Hope you enjoy.



Disclaimer: I own nothing. Everything belongs to Joss.




The scene opens in the back of the Magic Box. Buff and Spike are sparring.

Spike, at a 'loss for breath': Hey, Slayer? Aren't you tired yet?

Buffy, overly enthusiastic: No. Are you?

Spike: No.

With that he fell onto the floor mat onto his back to 'catch his breath.' Buffy laughs lightly and falls on top of him.

Buffy: What's the matter? I thought vampires didn't need to breath.

Spike: Well apparently neither do slayers.

Buffy: I can't help it if I'm in better shape then you.

Spike: You wish, luv.

He spins her onto her back so now he is on top.

Buffy: And what do you think you are going to do now, tough guy?

He leans in closer to her lips. He can feel her breath on his face. He smiles as he brushes a soft kiss on her lips. She deepens the kiss by pulling his head closer to hers.

Spike: I think that's enough sparring for today, don't you?

Buffy: I guess. I mean if you're too tired to...

He leans in and kisses her again, cutting her off. His tongue found its way into her mouth, he wanted her to know that he had other things in mind for tonight besides just sparring with her.

Buffy: Ok. We're done here.

He gets off her and helps her off the floor.

Buffy: So, what do you want to do now?

He gives her that suggestive look.

Buffy: Ok, what else do you want to do?

Spike: Well before we do anything I need to take a shower. You know, sparring with you isn't all that much fun anymore, luv, and it's getting bloody tiresome, too. You're getting stronger everyday.

Buffy: Maybe.

She walks into his arms.

Buffy: Maybe you're just getting weaker.

She gives him a playful smile and runs out of the training room into the magic shop. The whole gang had been there, Dawn, Willow, Xander, and Anya and they were amused and slightly bothered by the scene playing out in front of them. Spike had chased her out of the training room and they were running in circles around the big table everyone was sitting at, laughing playfully at each other.

Spike: Oh, you think so, huh, luv? You just wait till I catch you.

Buffy: And when would that be?

He makes his trademark growl and leaps over the table and everyone sitting at it and lands on a surprised Buffy.

Spike: Sooner then you think.

Dawn: What's going on?

Buffy: Oh, nothing. Spike and I were just discussing who was stronger and I said I was of course and he just hates admitting when I'm right.

Xander: And how did that lead to this.

He said pointing around the room then back at the two on the floor.

Buffy: Well...um...

She looked at Spike for an answer but he was as unsure as she was so they did what anyone else in this situation would do...they laughed hysterically.

Anya: What's with the hysterics?

Xander: I don't know but ever since they... (shutter)...got back together, all they seem to do is goof around all day.

At this point the laughing had stopped and Spike was once again helping his girlfriend off the floor. When they stood up together, Spike wrapped his arm around Buffy's waist from behind and she crossed her arms over his.

Spike: That getting any easier to say, Harris?

Xander: Not really, but I'll keep trying.

Willow: So what are you guys doing tonight?

Buffy: We're going patrolling.

Dawn: Oh, can I come, Buffy? Please? I'm getting better and you haven't taken me out in a long time.

Buffy: Tomorrow night, I promise.

Dawn: Why not tonight?

Spike: Because I've got something special planned for tonight, lil'bit.

Willow: Ooo. Something special? What is it?

Buffy, with a pout: I don't know. He won't tell me.

Dawn: Oh, a surprise something special. What is it, like a date?

Buffy looked over her shoulder at Spike for the answer. She didn't know. And actually, they hadn't been on a real date yet.

Spike: That's right, Niblet. A date.

He moved his head down closer to Buffy's and gave her a little kiss.

Xander: Still not used to that yet, either.

Anya: Tell me about it. It's weird enough seeing them goofing around together but then they go and do that, too.

Buffy: Um, you guys? We are standing right here.

Spike: Yeah, well. Now we're leaving. Got to get the slay on before your surprise.

They gather some weapons and head for the door.

Spike: Night all.

Buffy: Good night. Dawn, I want you in bed by 11:00. Guys, don't keep her out too late.

Willow: Will do, Buff.

Dawn: Have fun.

Buffy: Good night.

After Buffy and Spike had left the Scoobies just looked at each other and shrugged off the events that had just occurred. None of them really wanted to dwell on it, it still creeped them out a little.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the cemetery, Spike has his arm around Buffy's waist and she has her head on his shoulder.

Buffy: Well, since it's such a slow night, I was thinking...

Spike: You have no patience, do you, Slayer?

Buffy: Why can't you just tell me where you are taking me tonight?

Spike: Cause it would ruin the whole 'surprise' concept of your surprise.

Buffy: Not even a hint?

Spike: Nope. You're not going to find out till we get there.

Buffy: Well, do you still feel like taking that shower?

Spike: Of course.

Buffy: Me too. But that'll take too long, both of us taking a shower. We won't have time for my surprise.

He takes her in his arms.

Spike: Well, I never said we had to take individual ones, luv.

He makes his trademark smile and cocked eyebrow look.

Buffy: I think we could do that.

Spike: You better.

She wraps her arms around his neck and kisses him. While distracted with each other a small group of four vampires approaches from behind Buffy. Spike looks up as his senses heighten just in time to push Buffy down to the ground to avoid a blow to her midsection.

Buffy: Spike!? What the...? Oh.

Spike: Could use a little help here, luv.

All four vampires are on Spike. Buffy stands up and reaches for her stake. One of the vampires fighting Spike couldn't see her so it could not avoid her stake. When it fell to dust, the other three turned there attention to Buffy. With their attention on Buffy, Spike was able to dust two more of the vampires. The other vampire put up a good fight but Spike and Buffy dusted it in a few short minutes.

Spike: So, still think it's a slow night, luv?

Buffy: Not so much. Anyway, I've seen enough action for tonight.

Spike raised his eyebrow and gave her a questioning look.

Spike: Is that right?

Buffy: Well enough fighting anyway. How about that shower?

Spike: Let's go, then.

They take their earlier position of holding each other as they walked and head for home. It sounded nice in Buffy's head, calling her house their home. When they finally got over the shock of everything that had happened over the last few months.- Spike's coming back, and with his soul, and the two of them finally getting together, despite the arguments from the Scoobies- Spike started spending many nights, and days after, at the house. He had moved in some of his blood and his own spot in the bathroom for his toothbrush. All they needed was a dog and they'd seem like any other normal couple. They walked for about fifteen minutes before reaching the house. They weren't even in the door yet when they started taking off each other's clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Upstairs in the bathroom, Buffy is already in the room wearing a bathrobe turning on the water for her shower with Spike.

Buffy: Spike. You coming or what?

Spike: Yeah, luv. Just don't see why I have to wear...

She didn't let him finish. She walked up to him and brushed a soft kiss onto his lips. She put her hands on his waist and worked at the knot in the bathrobe, never once releasing from their kiss. Once she finally untied his, he began doing the same to hers. When both were untied, Spike took the initiative and brought his hands up her waist, under her arms and around her shoulders. He slowly pushed the robe off her shoulders, separating from their kiss so he could place gentle kisses on her neck and shoulders. Finally he pushed the rest of the robe off and it fell to the floor. He brought his head back up and stared into her eyes.

Spike: You think you could get this thing off of me now?

Buffy: I think I could do that.

They began to kiss again. Buffy slowly, and purposely, took her time running her hands up her arms to his shoulders. She could tell he was getting restless and that's exactly what she wanted. She was going to have a little fun with him before the night was over. Now at his shoulders, she lightly pulled on one side of his robe. He moved his arm as if to get his arm out of the robe. She thought about teasing him some more but honestly, she wanted to get it off of him almost as bad as he did. She pushed the robe over his shoulders and down his arms, letting it fall to the floor just as hers did. She felt him smile against her mouth when they were finally undressed.

Spike: This is much better.

He gave her another kiss before she started talking again.

Spike: Let's say we take that shower so I can give you your surprise, eh?

Buffy: I'd like that.

Spike moved the curtain to the side allowing Buffy in first. When she was in, he stepped in himself. She was already soaked by the water and she looked so beautiful to him. She pulled him close to her and the water fell on top of both of them as she kissed him again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the Magic Box, everyone was doing their own thing. Dawn had some homework she was trying to figure out. Willow was helping Anya by cleaning up the mess they made while researching. Xander was doing his part by putting new items for sale on the shelves. Anya was counting the day’s earnings.

Xander: So, did anyone else find that very disturbing?

Willow: What are we talking about?

Anya: I know what he's talking about. Buffy and Spike and their little lover's quarrel and giggles fest. It was very strange.

Dawn: I thought it was sweet.

Anya: You would.

Dawn: What's that supposed to mean?

Willow: I think what Anya's trying to say is that you’re happy for Buffy.

Anya: No, I wasn't. I was just pointing out that Dawn likes having Spike around more because she still likes him.

Dawn: Of course I still like him. I mean he made some mistakes but a lot of people have made mistakes around here.

Anya: I mean you still have a crush on him, and what do you mean we all made mistakes? What did I do?

Dawn: I so do not! And where should I start...alter boy or the wicked witch. Or how about the demon and the klepto.

Willow: Hey, Dawnie!?

Dawn: I'm sorry, I'm just trying to make my point.

Xander: Well, you don't have to bring up everything we did last year. We all feel bad enough about it.

Dawn: Sorry guys.

Awkward silence.

Dawn: Anyway, so no. I didn't think it was weird.

Willow: She really looked happy, Xand.

Xander: I know. But why with him?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spike was rubbing conditioner into Buffy's hair while she was washing some of those hard to reach places on his back. He leaned her head back to rinse her hair out. She had her soapy arms wrapped around his neck as he did so. After he was done with her hair, she spun them around so the water could run the soap off his back. They had already washed Spike's hair and Buffy's body in the same manner earlier. Now it was time to get out and prepare for the surprise that was planned for tonight. Buffy once again spun them around so she was next to the knobs to turn the water off. As she turned the water off, Spike traced her back with little kisses as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

Buffy: So is their a certain time were supposed to get to my surprise?

Spike: Why do you ask?

Buffy: Well, I just thought that we could go back to our room and...

He already knew where this was going and wasn’t about to deny her anything. He cut her off with a gentle kiss then moved out of the shower. They didn't bother with the bathrobes. Spike grabbed a towel from the closet and wrapped it around Buffy. Then he took another and wrapped it around his waist. Buffy stepped into his arms and laid her head on his chest. He smelled good. He started backing up keeping their embrace, and headed for the bedroom. She followed in suit. Both had big grins on their faces. I had been a while since they had the whole house to themselves and they were enjoying the privacy. Once in the bedroom, Spike lifted Buffy's chin to face him, and emerald green met crystal blue. He raised his eyebrow in that very seductive way but it was altered by his loving smile.

Spike: Shall we, luv?

She just smiled and gently placed a kiss on his lips. Buffy couldn't stand it anymore. She had to be with him. Without another word spoken between them they dropped their towels and got in bed. Unlike their times together last year, this time was special for them. Sure they slept together since they got back together but tonight was their first date. Their first of many dates.

Spike: I love you.

He whispered it so softly she didn't hear him. He didn't want her to hear him because he knew he would get no response. But maybe someday she'll be able to say it, for now she'll just have to show it. He knew though. Deep down he knew that she loved him. Because making love to her was different now then it was before. It was passionate and gentle. She always kept eye contact with him during the night, and she stayed in his arms until the morning. Yeah, he knew. Maybe the special night he had planned would finally get it out of her. But for now, he just wanted to concentrate on the two of them, lying in their bed, making love. When they were both satisfied, they laid there for a little while just holding each other.

Buffy: That was...

Spike: Amazing.

Buffy: Yeah. Gonna have to do that again later.

Spike: Well...

He turned in closer to her and placed a series of kisses on her neck.

Buffy: Nope. I'm getting my surprise before we do that again.

Spike: Fine. No use arguing with you. I know that's a battle I'll never win.

Buffy: Damn right.

They both let out a small chuckle before getting out of bed. Spike was still slipping his pants on when he turned to see Buffy fully dressed again.

Spike: That was quick, luv.

Buffy: I want my surprise. The suspense is killing me.

He walked up to her, still no shirt on, and wrapped his arms around her waist. He lowered his head so his lips were just her ear.

Spike: You seemed rather content a few minutes ago.

She pushes him away playfully.

Buffy: Stop it. You're stalling.

Spike: That I am. You're just so cute when you're frustrated.

Buffy: I don't care. I...want...my...surprise!

Spike: Alright. We'll go. Just let me finish getting dressed, will you, luv?

Buffy: Well, if you have to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After they get dressed, they head back to the cemetery.

Buffy: Would you just tell me where we're going?

Spike: Nope.

Buffy: Well, do I need to bring anything?

Spike: Nope.

Buffy: Would you say something other then 'nope'?

Spike: ...Nope.

Buffy: Spike!?

Spike: I'm kidding, luv. But really you don't need anything. Whatever we need will be there when we get there.

Buffy: Well, am I dressed for whatever we're doing?

Spike: I think so. You might want to bring a...never mind.

Buffy: Bring what?

Spike: Nothing, never mind. I got it under control.

Buffy: I want my surprise now.

Spike: Just a little while longer, luv. God, you're impatient, besides, were almost at the crypt.

Buffy: My surprise is at your old crypt?

Spike: No, my bike is.

Buffy: We're going for a ride?

Spike: Yes, but that's not the surprise. We're taking the motorcycle to your surprise.

Buffy: Can't you give me a hint?

Spike: You'll see when we get there. I just hope you like it.

Buffy: I'm sure I'll love it.

Spike: You better.

He stops and pulls her into his arms for a kiss.

Spike: Ok. Time to go.

He puts his arm back around her waist and her head falls back onto his shoulder. They get back to Spike's old crypt and he gets the motorcycle out of the back.

Buffy: So where are we headed?

Spike: Oh, see now that would spoil the surprise. That's why you're wearing this.

He pulls a blindfold out of his back pocket.

Buffy: What!? I'm not wearing that!

Spike walks up very close to her.

Spike: Do you trust me.

Buffy: Of course, but I'm not wearing that thing.

Spike: Why not?

Buffy: Because then I can't see where we're going! Come on, Spike.

Spike: You are not going to see my surprise until I say so. Now put it on.

She reluctantly turns around so Spike can put the blindfold on her. He turns her around.

Buffy: Now what?

Spike: Now...

Since she couldn't see, he took the opportunity to play around a little. First he trailed little kisses down her neck then back up to her mouth. Then he reached down behind her knees and picked her up and gently placed her on the back on the bike.

Buffy: I'm liking this.

Spike: Just wait 'til later, luv.

Buffy: Ok, come on, let's go!

Spike mounted the bike and Buffy wrapped her arms tightly around his waist.

Spike: Now I'm liking this.

She laughed a little and Spike took off.

Buffy: So how far into town is...wherever we're going?

Spike: Uh, uh, pet. I'm not telling you anything.

Buffy: Oh, come on. Like I'm going to know.

Spike: Fine. Well, actually, it's not in town. We're going a little ways out of Sunnydale for this surprise.

Buffy: Oh.

Spike: Is that ok?

Buffy: Yeah, I mean, I just worry when I leave Dawn, that's all.

Spike: Well, don't worry. The Scoobies will take care of the bit. You just think about your surprise and don't worry about a thing.

Buffy: Ok.

The rest of the ride was in silence. Partly because it was hard to hear over the motorcycle and partly because Buffy wanted to hold him and think about what this big surprise was. Spike was enjoying the ride as well. Buffy was clung tightly to him and they were riding together to what he hoped would be the best night of their lives together.

Spike: We're here.

Buffy: Oh? Yeah? Well can I take the blindfold off now?

Spike: No! Not 'til I say so.

Buffy: Oh, come on. We're already here.

Spike: Yes. But we're outside. You can take it off when we get inside.

Buffy: But I can't see where I'm going, Spike.

Spike: That's what I'm here for.

Once again he picks her up and carries her into the building.

Buffy: Well, were in. Now...

Spike: Not yet.

He passes through some doors and it suddenly gets very cold.

Buffy: Spike, Why is it so cold in here?

Spike: Don't worry, luv.

He passes through another set of doors and the room gets even colder. He puts her down on a seat and offers her his duster.

Spike: Here, luv. Put this on.

Buffy: Can I take this blindfold off now?

Spike: Ok. But first. I want you to think back.

Buffy: Think back to what?

Spike: To a time when you were young and there was only one thing you wanted to do.

Buffy: What are you talk...Wait. Its cold in here and you want me to...Oh my God, Spike you didn't.

As she finished her sentence, Spike took off the blindfold. They were sitting on the edge of an ice rink, lit up by only a few tall candles.

Buffy: Oh my God.

Spike: You like it?

Buffy: I love it. I love you.

She turned around and kisses him passionately.

Spike: You...?

That's when it hit her. When Spike returned, they had talked about his soul and the events that drove him out of Sunnydale. She had forgiven him for everything he had done and vice versa. But with everything they had said to each other she hadn't said those words to him...until now.

Spike: You...?

Buffy: Yes. I do.

He was speechless, which was highly unusual for him. But all he could do was look into her eyes and then very slowly lean into a kiss. They separated only for a moment so Spike could get out from behind the seat and stand right next to Buffy.

Spike: Say it again.

Buffy: I. Love. You.

She punctuated every word with a kiss.

Spike: I love you, too.

Then they again joined for a kiss and when it was over he sat in one of the seats with his arms around Buffy who was sitting on his lap with her head on his shoulder.

Spike: You know, this is great and all but this isn't why I brought you here.

Buffy: Oh, yeah?

Spike: Yeah. Here.

He reached behind the seat next to them and pulled out a wrapped package.

Buffy: What's this?

Spike: Well, I guess you'll have to open it to find out.
She quickly removed the paper and the lid to the large box. Inside was a beautiful pair of new ice skates.

Buffy: Spike. They're beautiful.

Spike: I'm glad you like them. Now, let me see what you can do on them.

Buffy: Alright.

She slipped them on, a perfect fit, and took off onto the ice. Spike just sat on the edge of his seat and watched as she glided along the ice. She had never looked more beautiful then she did at that moment, on the ice, wearing his duster, surrounded by candle light. Yeah, she was beautiful. He watched as she did some simple tricks that she remembered and then she started towards him. This was when he began to get worried. He knew that look in her eyes. She wanted him to do something.

Spike: What?

Buffy: Well, you're not going to make me stay out here all by myself, are you?

Spike: What do you mean?

Buffy: I mean, we are going to find you a pair of skates so you can come out here with me.

Spike: I don't think so. I mean, I don't know how to skate.

Buffy: Well, it's not so hard. I'll show you.

Spike: I don't think so.

Buffy: Spike?

Spike: Fine.

He reached behind himself once again and pulled out another pair of older looking skates.

Buffy: Where did you get those?

Spike: When I came here to set up your surprise I found the storage room and got out a pair.

Buffy: But I thought you didn't know how to skate?

Spike: I don't, but I know you. And I knew you would bloody well try to get me out there, so let's go.

Buffy: You know me that well?

Spike: Of course.

He put the skates on and attempted to stand up. When that failed, Buffy offered him her hand for some support.

Buffy: Ok, I guess first we need to stand.

Spike: Easier said then done, luv.

Buffy: Oh, come on. It's not that hard. Just stand up and hold onto me.

Spike: That I know how to do.

Buffy: Don't get smart.

He leans in to kiss her but she backs away and pulls him onto the ice.

Spike: Oh, now that was bloody evil.

Buffy: I know. Now come on. See, it's not that hard. You're getting it.

Spike: Yeah, I'm doing...

He falls.

Spike: Great. I'm doing great.

Buffy: Here.

She offers him her hand to help him up but when he grabbed it he pulled her down on top of him.

Spike: I think I like this better.

Buffy: Well, I like it too, but it's not going to get you out of the middle of the rink.

Spike: What?

When he looked up he realized where she had dragged him.

Spike: Bloody Hell! When did we get way out here?

Buffy: Some time between your attempted kiss and falling down.

Spike gave her that little smirk of his and kissed her. As he kissed her he rolled her onto her back.

Buffy: Ok, I love this but my back is really cold.

Spike: Oh, sorry, luv.

He tries to get up but only falls down again. She gets to her feet and tries to help him up again.

Buffy: Maybe I shouldn't have brought you out here.

Spike: Why? Because I can't stand on my own two bloody feet? Or because I keep dragging you down with me?

Buffy: I just meant I shouldn't have brought you out to the middle of the ice. Maybe we should start you off holding onto the side.

She slowly glided him to the edge of the rink.

Buffy: Here. Hold on. Now, move towards me. Come on.

Spike: I feel like a child.

Buffy: Don't. It's not easy your first time.

Spike: Oh yeah. That's why you fall down every two bleeding seconds.

Buffy: I did this for a long time. Now come on. You're getting it.

She guided him along the wall until they had gone around the whole rink.

Buffy: You're doing great.

Spike: Thanks. Now what?

She offers him her hands and he reluctantly takes them.

Buffy: Now you will go without holding the wall.

Spike: Alright.

Buffy: Don't walk, but sort of glide on the ice. Ok. Now we're going to pick up the pace.

Spike: You mean go faster?

Buffy: Yeah.

Spike: What's wrong with this fast?

Buffy: Are you scared?

Spike: Scared? Please?...

Buffy: Don't worry, ya big baby. I'll hold your hands.

Spike: You're just loving this, aren't you?

Buffy: Just a little.

She started speeding up, holding Spike up the whole way.

Spike: This isn't so bad.

Buffy: See.

They continued around the rink until they were back where they started.

Spike: I think I'm getting the hang of this.

Buffy: Good.

She moves back about half way across the rink.

Spike: Wha...What are you doing?

Buffy: Let's see if I'm a good teacher. Skate to me.

Spike: Are you crazy?

Buffy: Come on. It's not that far.

Spike: I'm only doing this because I love you, you know?

Buffy: I know. That's why I know you'll do it. Come on.

He looked kind of scared at first, but once he got going he did just fine. He was about to catch up with her but suddenly she was moving away from him again.

Spike: Oh, bloody hell! You can't be serious!?

Buffy: Come on. You're doing great. I'm just taking you around the rink.

He continued to go, reluctant as ever but he was not going to give in to her. Soon, they had made it all the way around the rink.

Buffy: You're getting really good.

Spike: Really?

Buffy: Yeah.

Spike: Good enough to get that kiss now?

Buffy: Oh, yeah.

He pulled her in for a kiss, and of course lost his balance. They fell onto the ice but this time they stayed there for a while.

Spike: So, you like your surprise, luv?

Buffy: I love it. But how did you know?

Spike: I saw that picture in your room.

Buffy: And?

Spike: I asked Dawn about it. Figured it was important to you, so I wanted to let you enjoy it again.

Buffy: How do you do it?

Spike: What?

Buffy: Know me so well?

Spike: Because I'm so in love with you.

Buffy: I love you, too.

She leaned in and kissed him again.

Buffy: Ok, let's go.

She got up and saw that Spike was a little confused.

Spike: You want to leave?

Buffy: No. I want to get back on the ice. Let's go.

Spike: Buffy...

Buffy: Do you want me to hold your hands again, Spikey?

Spike: No. But this was your surprise. I wanted you to have fun.

Buffy: I am having fun. Watching you fall down and cower next to the wall.

Spike: You're pushing it.

Buffy: What are you going to do, chase me?

Spike did something she didn't expect...he chased her, on the ice.

Buffy: Ah!!

Spike: What's the matter, luv? Didn't think I could do it?

Buffy: Not really! How are you doing so well?

Spike: I'm a fast learner.

Buffy: Apparently!

She skated as fast as she could but Spike was catching up fast. Soon he caught up to her and grabbed her from behind and held her tightly.

Spike: So now what, Slayer?

Buffy: I'm going to have some more fun.

Spike: Oh yeah?

She turned around and kissed him again. But this time they didn't fall. Instead she started moving. They skated together as they kissed. However, caught up in the kiss, Spike didn't notice. So when the kiss ended, and they were moving, Spike was a little thrown but kept his balance and continued to skate with Buffy.

Buffy: Looks like we're still dancing around each other, Spike.

Spike: Yeah.

Once again they start to kiss. When it had ended, Buffy turned in his arms and skated while in his arms, her back to his chest. He seemed to be doing ok, didn't fall down at all. They continued for a little while. They switched positions a few times, but the most comfortable was her back to the chest, so they moved back into that one. Buffy lifted her head and looked over her shoulder and Spike brought his head down to meet her lips with his. They skated for a while longer, locked in that kiss. But this time when it ended, they got off the ice, sat down, and took off their skates. It was getting late and the candles Spike had set up around the rink were starting to burn out, especially since it took them a bit longer to get there then he planned. Buffy again sits on his lap and kisses him one more time.

Buffy: I had a great time tonight, Spike.

Spike: I'm glad you liked your surprise.

Buffy: You're the best boyfriend I've ever had.

Spike: Boyfriend?

Buffy: Yeah. Boyfriend. And I'm your girlfriend. That's what we humans like to refer to the people we're involved with as.

Spike: Don't get smart, luv. I just...

Buffy: Didn't think I would ever call us that?

Spike: Yeah.

Buffy: Well, I have to admit, after you left I never thought I'd be able to.

Spike: Now I'm back, and we're together, and nothing's going to come between us again.

Buffy: You promise?

Spike: I promise. And you know I always keep my promises.

Buffy: Yes you do.

One last kiss and they gather their things and leave.

Cut to out side.

Spike: You ready?

Buffy: Depends. What are we doing?

Spike: You'll see. I hope you're hungry.

Buffy: Hungry?

Spike: Come on.

They got back on the bike and took off. Buffy was excited. What was he planning now? He drove back into Sunnydale, Buffy holding on tight the whole way. He had never been happier then this day. Their first date, the day Buffy had said she loved him. And now he was going to cap off the evening with yet another surprise. He drove to a clearing on the top of a hill that looked over the whole town. Set out there was a large blanket with a portable radio, two candles and a basket.

Spike: Surprise.

Buffy: You did all of this?

Spike: Yeah. Do you like it?

Buffy: It's perfect.

Spike: It's the best I can offer. We can't have a picnic in the sunlight but this, this is...

Buffy: Even better. Spike, we've been through this. I know there are going to be certain things that we can't do together, most of them requiring daylight, but I don't care.

Spike: You might someday.

Buffy: Spike.

She sits down on the blanket and motions for him to sit next to her. He does. She looks into his eyes and holds his hands.

Buffy: I love you.

Spike: I know that.

Buffy: And I will always love you.

He makes a skeptical look.

Buffy: That's what you're afraid of.

Spike: Afraid of what?

Buffy: You're afraid this isn't going to last, aren't you? You think I'm just going to change my mind one day and decide that I don't love you anymore.

Spike: No I...I...

Buffy: Don't. Spike. You do believe I love you, don't you?

Spike: Of course I do.

Buffy: Then why are you acting so...

Spike: Because it's not going to last!

Buffy: What do you mean, it's not going to last?

Spike: I'm a vampire.

Buffy: I don't care...

Spike: And that means I'm not going to die.

Buffy: What?

Spike: You're going to get older, continue living and I'm going to lose you.

Buffy: I don't plan on dieing again for a long time, Spike.

Spike: But one day you will.

He was very upset. The most wonderful night of his life was turning into the worst. Buffy said the only thing she could even though it might break his heart.

Buffy: Maybe we shouldn't be together then.

Spike almost in a whisper: What?

Buffy: I don't want to hurt you.

Spike: No! No, I'm not losing you again!

Buffy: Ok, ok. I'm not going anywhere. All I meant was that...I don't know. I just don't want you to regret this.

Spike: Buffy, I'm not going to regret this. I love you. I'll always love you. I always have.

Buffy: I love you, too. This is going to last, Spike. I know it.

They lean in for a kiss. The kiss ends and they rest their foreheads on each others.

Spike: You promise?

Buffy: I promise.

Spike: Me too.

Buffy: Good.

Spike: Hungry?

Buffy: A little. What'cha got?

Spike pulled some strawberries out of the basket, along with some chocolate sauce. He knew she'd be excited to see that. She loved sweets. He took one of the strawberries out of the bowl and dipped it into the chocolate. After making sure the chocolate wouldn't drip all over her, he lifted it to her lips. She opened her mouth, and took a very seductive bite. She got some of the chocolate on her lips and was about to lick it off.

Spike: Uh uh. Mine.

He leaned into her and kissed her chocolate lips, slightly licking it off while kissing her.

Buffy: Ummm. Defiantly my favorite food.

Spike: Care for another.

She nodded and pulled him back for another kiss, apparently not meaning the strawberries.

Spike: That good, huh?

Buffy: Uh huh.

She moved and picked up one of the strawberries and also dipped it into the chocolate. Now she was feeding him one. And much like she had, he bit it with other intentions in mind. It was her turn now to clean off his lips with her own. They kiss again, and then continue feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries until they ran out of them. After they cleaned up a bit, they lay down on the blanket wrapped in each others arms for awhile.

Buffy: It's getting late. Sun's gonna rise soon.

Spike: We still have some time left.

He gets up and goes over to the radio and turns it on.

Spike: Dance with me?

She smiles and gets up off the blanket and walks into his arms, and they start to dance. They look into each others eyes. They're falling even more in love with each other. She lays her head on his chest and wraps her arms around his waist, a big smile on her face.

Buffy: This is the best night of my life.

Spike: Me too.

They continue to dance.

Buffy: Can we do this every night?

Spike: If you want. Might get a little old after a while.

Buffy: Then we can find new things to do. I just want to be with you.

Spike whispers in her ear: Always.

They continue to dance and they stay in that embrace even after the song finishes. She has her head on his chest still, her hands resting on the back of his neck, and he has his arms around her waist. She looks up at him and he has a huge smile on his face. She laughs at his goofy grin and he makes his trademark smirk. She pushes up to his face and kisses him.

Buffy: I love you.

Spike: I can't get used to that.

Buffy: What?

Spike: You telling me that you love me. I've wanted it for so long, I just can't believe it.

Buffy: Believe it, cause it's true. It has been for a long time. I just couldn't admit it...to myself, or anyone else...even you.

Spike: I understand. I do. You went through a lot last year. So did I. And I know that we went through a lot together, too.

Buffy: You mean I put you through a lot.

Spike: No, that's not what I meant. We both did some things, whether we are proud of them or not, that changed things for us. But we got through them.

Buffy: We got through them and now we're together.

Spike: Nothing is going to change that.

Buffy: Nothing?

Spike: I promise.

They kiss again, very passionately. They sit down on the blanket and continue to kiss. And they make love there on the hill. It was different then before. It wasn't just sex, and they both felt it. She was happy and in love with him. He couldn't believe how much she loved him. But she showed it.




PLEASE leave a review for me. This is my first fic I've written and posted and would like some feedback!!