Author's Chapter Notes:
HI EVERYBODY THIS IS MY FIRST FIC EVER AND I BASED IT ON THE MOVIE DIRTY DANCING SO IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FOR THIS STORY OR COMMENTS PLEASE FEEL FREE TO EMAIL ME
Prologue

It was another perfect day in Sunnydale , California. The sky was blue, birds were singing, and the smell of jasmine filled the air. It was the last day of school and tomorrow would start the beginning of summer. Sunnydale wasn’t a big town, but it had its perks, like restaurants, malls, and anything else you could imagine. The town was full of nice people, where everybody knew everybody else. The town had a lot of rebellious teenagers who loved to get into trouble, and it had other teenagers who were just perfect. The most perfect person in Sunnydale was Buffy Summers. She was the kind of girl any parent would be proud to have as a daughter. She was a straight-A college student majoring in medicine, hoping to one day become a pediatrician. She had never been in trouble before, always a community volunteer leader for the town. She was the type of girl you could bring home to meet your parents, who would then in turn fall in love with her instantly. But she didn’t want to be known as ‘Miss Perfect’ anymore. She wanted to make a new name for herself. Little did she know that her whole life was about to change and that she’d no longer be considered ‘Miss Perfect’. It would be a summer to remember, which all started with the blue-eyed dirty dancing devil known as Spike Williams.



Chapter 1

When Buffy returned home from her last class of the day, she was surprised to see her younger sister Dawn in the kitchen, flipping through the lasted edition of Cosmopolitan. Buffy quickly grabbed the magazine and took it away from her sister, frowning at it.

“What’re you doing?” Dawn asked quickly, standing up and trying to retrieve it. “I was reading that! “
“This is vulgar reading material for a 16 year old girl, “Buffy said, throwing it in the garbage. “ And such a distasteful cover on it, too. I can’t believe they can get away with illustrating women as sex objects, all the while selling millions of copies. “

“Sex is a pretty common thing in life, Buffy- you’d know that if you ever had it,” Dawn said, turning on her heel and heading for the stairs. Buffy’s eyes widened as she followed after Dawn and grabbed her arm, stopping her.
“Let me go!”

“Are you having sex? “ Buffy practically hissed, shocked at the thought of it.

“No, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t know about it,” Dawn replied, pulling away from her sister’s grasp and crossing her arms. “I’m 16, Buffy- not 6. I know everything that Cosmopolitan has in its magazine- it’s not new info for me.” Buffy shook her head and began to walk away, not wanting to deal with the conversation much longer. “By the way, Mom and Rupert want to go to the country club for dinner. Are you going to come with us?”

“Yeah,” Buffy answered, sighing. “I think I’m going to take dance lessons there. That way I won’t make a fool of myself at the wedding.”

“Really?” Dawn asked, and Buffy nodded. “Do you mind if I take them with you?” Buffy shook her head. “Cool!” Now we can both learn how to dance and prove that we’re not the most uncoordinated girls in town.” Buffy managed a small smile and went to grab her backpack. “Do you think we’ll have a sexy instructor? A foreign one, maybe?” Buffy tilted her head, looking at her sister. “Maybe one from Spain…or how about from Italy? Oh, I’d die if that happened!” Buffy giggled slightly and looked at a clock. “I’m so excited to take the class now!”

“What happens if it turns out to be a 60 year old woman with a funny wig and polyester clothes?” Buffy joked, and Dawn made a face.

“You don’t think that will happen, do you?” Dawn asked. “We’ll have a guy won’t we? Can we please sign up for a guy?”

“Settle down,” Buffy said, laughing. “We’ll find you a nice foreign guy to teach you some moves.”

“I like the sound of that,” Dawn said, grinning as she walked upstairs to her bedroom.

Buffy, Dawn, their mother Joyce, and her fiancé Rupert Giles walked into the Sunnydale Country Club around six for dinner. After being seated at a table, Joyce turned to her eldest daughter.

“So, Dawn tells me that you two want to take dance lessons?” she asked, and Buffy nodded. “I hear that they have a great ballroom-dancing class.”
“Does it have a male instructor?” Dawn asked excitedly, and Joyce looked at her daughter.

“I don’t know,” she answered, surprised. “I’d hope not. I don’t want you fawning over some dance teacher.” Buffy giggled quietly and looked outside as dawn shot her a look. “Anyways, I think it’ll be nice for both of you to do. Maybe you’ll make a new friend or two.”

“Like a sexy young dance instructor,” Dawn said quietly, looking away. Joyce sighed and looked at Buffy.

“And you can watch your sister and make sure she stays in line,” Joyce said. Dawn frowned and crossed her arms.

“So, how did your exams go today?” Rupert asked, looking at Buffy, who was grateful for the subject change.

“They went well,” Buffy answered. “I think I did pretty well.”

“You mean you probably got all A’s right?” Dawn asked. “Miss I-Studied-Ten-Hours-For-Each-Exam?”

“Dawn, be nice,” Joyce said, frowning. “Besides, you’d do just as well as Buffy if you actually tried.” Dawn scowled and looked away, her eyes settling on a platinum blonde teen that walked into the restaurant.

“Hello, salty goodness,” Dawn said, her eyes following his every move. Buffy followed her sister’s gaze and raised an eyebrow. “Wow.”

“He looks familiar,” Buffy said, studying him. “I think I go to school with him.”

“Lucky,” Dawn muttered, and Buffy smiled softly.

“Maybe you’ll see him again,” she replied, and Dawn sighed.

“God, I hope so, “she said, watching as the guy walked out.