Tears steamed down her face as she closed her eyes, unable to shake away the image of Faith and Angel. Although it had been a hoax to lure the plans of the mayor it still hurt. Taking a break was the best thing, but did Buffy really love him?



Confused and frustrated with her self she stamped her foot on the floor, her feet move involuntarily taking her anywhere but where she actually was.



She walked across town and found herself in the alleyway outside Willie’s. She needed to slay, she couldn’t go home yet; her frustration soon turned to anger as she continued to walk towards one of the cemeteries that surrounded Sunnydale.



Twirling her stake in her hand she stealthily moved around the tombstones, she was a slayer on a mission as she searched for any demon or vampire or grisly thing that might cross her path.



Three vampires and a million particles of dust later she was still not satisfied and was sporting a deep cut on her forehead. Dusting the last vampire she slumped to the ground, her tears flowing freely.



Through the haze of her tears she saw a shadow shift, her slayer senses kicked in as she squinted her eyes to look in the shadows.



Smoke curled in the air and quickly disappeared as the shadow moved from behind the tree. His platinum blond hair shining like a halo in the night, his cigarette still attached to his bottom lip as he stood watching her.



“What do you want? Go away.” She mumbled, her voice quivering.



“What’s the matter with you? Are you on your woman’s cycle or something?” He dropped the cigarette to the floor and crushed it beneath his boot. He looked up for a fraction to see the slayer’s fist coming towards his jaw.



Stumbling back he touched his jaw that had now begun to throb, smiling to himself. God she was a feisty one Much too feisty for the poof.



Titling his head he regarded her, why was she upset? Maybe she had an argument with the gel one? He shook his head; why was he even bothered what was up with her?



“Oooh must have touched a nerve there luv.”



“Go away you evil, disgusting thing.”



“Thank you. Now really what’s up? Is there something I should know for future reference.” He looked over, her eyes narrowing in anger.

Recalling the first time he spotted her, in that underage club dancing with the idiots she called friends.



The first time he saw her there was something pulling him towards her, but being the gentleman he would never have done anything while he was with Drusilla.



That woman’s name sparked so many fresh memories, but the recent ones stayed vivid in his mind. The betrayal of his beloved dark princess not once but twice.



He would get to seek revenge on his longest enemy, attacking him in a way that he would never truly recover.



“Are you just going to stare? Or are you going to leave me alone?”



Spike looked up, his thoughts quickly pushed to the back of his mind as her green eyes looked on in annoyance.



“You know what? I’m just going to stay with you.” Buffy rolled her eyes and walked in the direction of the centre of the cemetery.



He had been watching her for ten minutes—fighting off three vamps—and almost clapped when the vampire behind her grabbed her from behind. The back of her head connected against the vampire’s face, momentarily stunning him.



She turned round quickly and thrust the stake into his heart, letting him disintegrate.



Standing her breathing laboured as she watched Spike just sitting watching her closely, his gaze un-nerved her, it was like he could look deep within and see something no else could.



Shaking the unease away from her shoulders she unaware of the vampire hiding behind the gravestone. Pouncing forward she felt his teeth graze her throat before he was quickly pulled away.



Turning around her hand automatically touched her neck and checked for blood, she didn’t feel the fangs pierce her neck. She looked over to where the vampire stood, a firm strong hand held onto his neck.



Spike smiled and he twisted his neck clean off his shoulders, clapping his hands together to rid himself of the dust.



“What say you and me have a drink?”



“I’m not going anywhere with you.”



“Don’t need to go anywhere slayer.” He reached into pocket and pulled out a silver flask.



“Why won’t you leave me alone?” She moaned watching him tip the flask back followed by the golden liquid cascading along his throat.



“Because little lady, you don’t want to be alone, and I think you need company more than you are letting on.”



Buffy opened her mouth to speak but no words would come out, Spike was being brutally honest. She didn’t want to be alone she felt betrayed by Angel and Faith.



Just the thought of them made her nauseated; grabbing the flask out of his hand she tipped the flask and drank deep.



Spike smirked as her eyes glazed over. The perfect plan. Get the slayer drunk and then kill her.



Spike’s plan was falling through as an hour later she had drank the whole flask and insisted they go to a bar.



So Spike found himself sitting in a demon bar at the end of town drinking with the slayer, oh how he had slipped from his days as ‘William The Bloody”.



Although it was different to watch the slayer pissed, losing her inhibitions and not giving a shit, he hadn’t seen this much freedom in a person in a while.



Buffy on the other hand was enjoying herself, discovering the various types of whiskey that were available. Smiling over at Spike she grabbed the bottle and left a few bills on the bar and sauntered out the door.



“What the hell is happening?” He muttered to himself as he followed Buffy out the door. He couldn’t see the slayer outside—until he heard the noises coming from the alleyway.



Rounding the entry to the dark alleyway he vamped so he could see clearly and spotting the slayer hunched over retching in the corner. He walked over and pulled her hair away from her face, her forehead was clammy as she emptied the contents of her stomach on the alleyway floor.



Wiping her mouth with the back of her hand she blew out a breath, stumbling to her feet she placed her hand against the wall. She was aware of a cold comforting feeling on her back, looking up she watched as Spike moved away and the feeling was suddenly gone.



From the angle Spike was standing he could see right down Buffy’s open shirt. He stared as he traced the curve of her breast with his eyes; his head leaned over to catch a better look and stared into the green eyes of the slayer.



“Like what you see?” Spike’s lips parted as her hands rested on her slim hips.



“Yeah so what you caught me. I mean your shirt’s right open there, you can’t expect a bloke not to look…. Just what are you playing at slayer? You know I should kill you.” She nodded and stepped forward.



“I know and I should kill you, but for tonight, truce?” She held out her hand.



Spike halted this was way too easy; he was supposed to kill her. Not make pals, flesh momentarily stopped him from saying no as he watched her chest rise and fall with each breath. But what would happen? He could have a little fun throw it back in the gelled one’s face.



Holding onto his hand she grasped it and firmly shook it. Relishing the cold against her warm clammy hand, she smiled and turned to walk down the rest of the alley.



“So that’s it?” Spike shouted down the alleyway watching her blond hair bouncing along her shoulders. She turned her head her eyes lowered.



“And here’s me thinking you were a smart little vampire.” Giggling she ran down the alleyway and into the night.



Spike stood, his mind furiously analysing her cryptic words, he slapped his forehead and growled as he ran down the alleyway.



Running along the pavement she didn’t turn to find out if he was following her, she knew he was.



He soon caught up, grabbing her by the shoulders and turning her around to face him.



The light from the 24 hour store on Main Street illuminated them; Buffy’s hands gripped his wrists as he looked into her face.



Her cheeks were flushed, her eyes bright as she looked up into his blue eyes. Time seemed to have stood still as his lips pursed and moved closer, a small smile settled on his mouth as Buffy licked her lips in anticipation.



Holding on to her arms he held her close, their lips fused together, breath mingled as Buffy arched her body closer towards Spike.



Her hands moved underneath his duster and pulled his t-shirt. He gasped as warm hands connected with his cold skin.



His fingers released their hold from her arms and grabbed a fistful of her blond hair, pulling her head back so her throat was exposed. He broke the kiss and licked a trail along the creamy column of her skin.



Buffy’s mouth grew dry and a knot of pleasure began to grow in her stomach. His tongue continued its trail along her throat and towards her ear.



Spike could hear her blood pumping throughout her body; smiling against her skin, he opened his mouth and grabbed the bottom of her earlobe with his teeth.



“Spike.. We really shouldn’t be doing this.” Spike looked up into the hooded eyes of the slayer frustrated with himself he stepped back.



“Have you ever just taken what you wanted? Is there a reason why you keep holding on to Angel?” Buffy head snapped up at Spike her mouth opened to say something and then promptly closed it.



Why was she still with Angel? Things hadn’t been working for a while, and maybe the Faith thing just pushed things over. Did she really love him or was it just some schoolgirl infatuation?



“What about you? You went to find Drusilla, talk about not letting go.” Buffy regarded him as the muscle in his cheek flexed.



“We are not talking about me.”



Buffy looked at Spike his lips swollen from the kissing earlier, weird thing was he was making sense. She deserved it; she died saving everyone from the apocalypse.



“Look your missing the point. This is about what you want, if you do want it. Why not just take it?”



Buffy looked up at him. Why didn’t she just take what she wanted? She saved people countless times. Maybe now was the time to take what she wanted.



Grabbing the collar of his duster with both hands she pulled him forward and grabbed his bottom lip between her teeth. Spike stood frozen for a short time as Buffy’s warm breath danced along his lips.



Closing his eyes he deepened the kiss, his hands involuntarily moving beneath her shirt, his fingers touching the waistband of her skirt. Buffy gasped into Spike’s mouth as his cold fingers danced across her skin.



Buffy jumped up into Spike’s hands, her fingers grasping the hairs on the back of his neck. He in turn looked around knowing they couldn’t have sex in the middle of the street, spotting the alleyway he hurriedly walked into the dark.



Fumbling in the dark Spike’s hand reached underneath her skirt, feeling the damp cloth, his thumb brushed back and forth causing Buffy’s breath to catch in her throat.



“You like that? Want me to do that again?” Spike’s voice surrounded her mind. Thoughts of Angel were soon forgotten as Spike’s fingers worked beneath the small fabric covering the apex of her thighs.



Lips moulded together, tongues circling deep within each other’s mouths, as his finger plunged deep within. Her hips moved of their own pushing down on his finger, his lips left her mouth and trailed along her throat.



Fumbling with his zip she pulled on his belt, ripping the leather away from the denim her fingers popping the buttons.



Her hand gripped around his shaft, nails scratching the skin. Spike stilled as he felt her hot little hands push his foreskin back and forth with slow strong strokes.



“What’s wrong?” she mumbled against his neck.



“Nothing.” Smiling against the curve of his neck, her hand gripped tighter using a small amount of force. His fingers continued to force their way, his thumb rubbing the skin.



Buffy’s mouth formed an ‘O’ as Spike’s mouth licked the salty skin on her neck. His fingers kept pumping vigorously against her centre.



His blunt teeth grazed along her skin, her fingers threading through his hair. His head pulled back and he looked at her.

Her eyes sparkled in the dark alleyway, her lips swollen from the kissing. His fingers left her centre and grabbed her ass lifting her higher.



Buffy moved higher as Spike’s hands firmly gripped her ass and she positioned herself above his shaft. Lowering herself she closed her eyes, her hands resting on his shoulders as she moved slightly. Spike’s eyes rolled into his head as the heat surrounded his body. Realising this was her first time he slowed his thrusts allowing her to grow accustomed to his girth.



He had to kiss her, to feel her lips against his, her tongue licked her bottom lip in anticipation as she watched Spike’s face move closer. Attacking his mouth she picked up the pace thrusting down with ardour.



“Ok?” the question was answered with a small nod as she shuddered from her position. Her hiccup echoed the alley causing her to giggle, the vibrations quickly moved from her body and shook Spike causing him to shiver.



“Slayer, oh god do you know what you do to me?”



“No, am I not doing it right?” he suddenly stared at her realising just how innocent she was. His fingers touched her cheek as he leaned in further.



“You’re amazing, don’t let anyone ever tell you different.” She rotated her hips, thrusting.



Spike pushed forward and slammed her against the brick wall repeatedly, his grunts echoing in the alleyway. Her legs moved upwards and locked behind his waist quickly getting leverage. His hands moved to the front of her shirt ripping the material to expose her breasts. Staring down at them he gently grazed his thumb over her nipple.



Her eyes hooded, she saw him grin as he gently kissed and suckled her breast, his continuous thrusting sending her into a daze. His eyes flashed yellow and his fangs elongated, he licked his lips, his teeth drawing blood.

Thrusting his tongue into her mouth, Buffy tasted the metallic in her mouth. He kissed along her throat, feeling the pulse pump against the warm skin, he was so close.



Her warm breath danced against his ear, her words floated like a cloud and registered in his brain. He stilled his thrusts and pulled his head back. Did he suddenly have a conscience? He was The Big Bad after all what did he care. There was something about this girl that was different from the others, he’d noticed as he watched her that fateful night.



“Do it now Spike.” Her words repeated in his brain, her eyes locked with his no question in her mind what she wanted at that moment.



With a swift movement his fangs bit into her neck, biting through to her collarbone. Blood escaped from his lips as it trailed along her throat and between her breasts.



His thrusts again picked up momentum as he pulled on her neck. Buffy couldn’t focus; maybe it was the drink or just the fact that Spike knew how to hit the spot.



Alcohol seemed to daze her mind and he pushed further and further into her body. Her head seemed light as she swore she could see lights dancing before her eyes. A feeling of fire begun to build within her stomach reaching through her body, and bursting forth from her lips.



His fangs retracted as his primal roar was smothered by Buffy’s bloodied shoulder. Her breathing laboured, her hands fell limply to her sides, her legs suddenly lost all their strength.



Spike’s burst of breath was wasted on his body but he still felt the need to use his humanisms. His hands came away from Buffy’s ass as he lowered her feet to the ground.



His hand was still attached to her waist as she stumbled to stand, his eyes fixed on her breast as he watched the trail of blood disappear beneath her breasts. His tongue absentmindedly licked the corner of his mouth.



Her hand touched her clammy forehead, she looked up watching Spike lick the corner of his mouth and smiled. Her body still tingled as she tried to gain her balance, his hand still resting on her hip.



“Well that was….something,” she pushed herself away from the wall and straightened her skirt.



“Bloody right it was something.” Spike tucked himself back into his tight jeans much to Buffy’s disappointment. “You have no idea what kind of power you hold. The muscles you have.” He shook his head as he grinned slightly.



Buffy blushed; being with Spike made her forget about Angel, he seemed to be able to see things in her that no else could. Although it could be the aftermath of fleshy times...but he was still a killer.



Spike pushed her back against the wall peppering kisses over her face, Buffy giggled her hands touching his face.



Kissing him on the lips his tongue delving into her mouth, she broke the kiss needing air to breathe normally.



Suddenly panicked, Buffy looked around to find an escape route, pulling her shirt closer to cover her bloodied breasts.



“I need to go, my mom would be worried.” Smoothing her hair she turned to walk out of the alley.



“Right I get it, have your way and then bolt.” He shook his head and stomped away down the alley.



Buffy knew she couldn’t follow him, she was late; sighing to herself she shuffled her feet and began the long, lonely walk home.



Spike stomped down the street angry with himself, another night and he still didn’t kill the slayer. Instead of coming up with another plan all he could feel was her legs wrapped around his waist, her lips on his. It wasn’t the need to kill that fed him, more the need to be with her. Yeah love’s bitch; he was totally screwed.



Shaking his head he knew he was in trouble turning the corner, he knew who it was before he even spotted him waiting.



“Now I’m surprised to see you out here late. Didn’t have enough gel?” Spike reached for a cigarette.



“I don’t need any crap from you Spike.” Angel stood there watching Spike exhale the smoke from his lungs and purposely blow it in his direction. Along the smoke he could smell the aroma of a familiar person.



Angel’s eyes widened as the scent of Buffy flared through his nostrils, his eyes flashing yellow.



Spike grinned as he heard the feral growl erupt from Angel’s throat, Angel’s hands quickly found Spike’s throat knocking them both to the ground.



“What did you to her Spike?” Angel growled as they rolled on the floor. Spike knee rose upward knocking him off so he could roll over to stand up. Holding his neck as he rubbed the cold skin, he grinned watching Angel pace in front of him.



“I didn’t do anything mate; that didn’t want to be done on her part.” He didn’t see the fist as it knocked him backward. Staggering he vamped and grabbed Angel around his waist knocking him to the floor.



Buffy stopped still, realising this was stupid, things had changed between her and Spike; she turned and strode back around the corner hearing raised voices, she sprinted finding Angel & Spike fighting on the floor. Pulling them both up by their collars, she saw they were both were in vamp mode as looked at her.



“Is someone going to tell me why I have stumbled into testosterone city?”



Buffy stood with her hands on hips her fingers drumming impatiently, watching as Angel’s ridge shifted back to his human face.



“Buffy, how about you telling me why I can smell you on Spike?”



Buffy dropped her hands and stared guiltily. She lowered her head and shuffled her feet, like a small child being told off for stealing candy.



“I mean this is Spike, he has always wanted what was mine.” Spike growled and rushed forward, only to have Buffy’s hand stop him her thumb absently caressing his shirt.



Buffy turned her head and held Angel at arm’s length; with sheer determination she took a deep breath, “Angel, things have changed tonight. I’ve changed I don’t know what it is with Spike yet, but I kind of want to find out.”



“Yeah go on piss off.”



“Spike….Stop.” Buffy turned to throw daggers at her new lover.



“I don’t believe this, you can’t honestly think that a tumble with him will stop him from trying to kill you.” Angel looked exasperated.



A door opened further down the alleyway illuminating the darkness, Buffy looked over Angel’s shoulder to see Willow and Xander laughing as they linked arms.



“Buffy is that you?” Xander walked briskly dragging Willow along with him. He stepped back and gasped at seeing Spike standing there.



“Hey Xander.”



“What’s going on with Dead Boy and Billy Idol wannabe?” he waved his hands back and forth.



“How about I drink you dry?” Spike stepped forward menacingly stomping his cigarette underneath his boot heel.



“Spike, please.”



“Buffy?” Willow’s soft voice questioned the situation.



“It’s complicated Will.” Buffy rubbed her neck. Xander’s eyes widened as he caught the two puncture marks on her neck and the trail of blood that disappeared under her shirt.



“He bit you?” Angel forced himself forward but Buffy stood in front of Spike.



“No I let him,” the whispered words hung in the air, Xander almost shuddering at Angel’s cold stare.



“What? You let him? Have you forgotten what he is?” The anger on his face was evident, he felt like he was in some alternate universe where everything was reversed.



“I have to agree with Angel, this is mad. Spike you know, the one who tried to kill you not so long ago?” Xander ran a hand threw his hair and looked to Willow for support.



“Yes I know….”



“I think I need to say something here, it’s none of your business; deal with it.” Spike stood just behind Buffy rubbing circles in the bottom of her back.



Buffy could have sworn she saw Angel’s face crumble before her. Her spun around and with a creak of leather he was gone.



Xander snorted with disgust and walked away leaving Willow alone with the pair; she looked at the newly forged couple and smiled shyly.



“Being your best friend and any decision you make, makes me happy, I hope you know that.” Buffy smile brightened as she rushed forward and enveloped Willow in a hug.



Willow sprinted down the alleyway to catch up with Xander; Buffy sighed and turned round to face Spike.



“That wasn’t necessary.”



“No, he has always taken what was mine. And he will now know how it feels to suffer.”



“Is this a game to you?”



Spike’s face softened as he walked toward her, his arm wrapped around her waist pulling her flush to his body. Her hands instinctively locked behind his head as she lifted herself up to kiss his lips.



“Nope, far from it actually.” He tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and kissed the side of her head.



“So I guess this really is a truce?” She kissed his lips and moved across his jaw and biting his earlobe.



“Why not call us reluctant partners?” Spike whispered against her neck.



*****************



“The door isn’t going to open on it own Buffy.” Willow leaned over and patted her best friend’s hand.



Sitting on the couch in the Bronze Buffy’s eyes never left the door, her mind elsewhere.



“Huh?” Buffy leaned forward, picking up her drink.



“How long have you been dating?”



“What does that have to do with anything?”



“If he says he’s going to be here he will.” Buffy set her glass back down onto the table, glancing over at Xander dancing on the floor on his own.



“Will, spill you know something.” Willow held her hands in mock defeat. A tap on Buffy’s shoulder interrupted her assault on her best friend as she looked up and saw him.



“Where have you been?” She jumped up from her seat and hugged him.



“I had some things to take care of. Hi Red” Spike waved to Willow as he dragged Buffy along to the dance floor.



His hands rested on her hips as he pulled her closer her head resting on his chest, smiling to herself. She was still surprised as to how much he had changed, how for her benefit he acknowledged Xander.



“Ok so I was talking to the Poof.” Buffy lifted her head.



“Can’t you just call him by his name Spike?” He threw her a look and she tilted her head.



“He is heading to L.A, he wants to start a investigating business or something like that. He wants me to help” Buffy stopped swaying and dropped her hands.



“You’re not leaving are you?” Buffy started to panic her hands shook, she didn’t want Spike to leave. She hadn’t admitted to him how she felt, yet.



“Well I am, but I was hoping you would come with me.” She blinked as he stood there waiting.



“I can’t leave school, and I have college applications to think of.” In her rambling she didn’t see him move forward and press his lips against hers.







“Buffy shut up, it’s only for two weeks. And besides alone together for two weeks no slaying. And plus you’ll do it cos you love me,” Buffy smiled as Spike curled his tongue against his teeth.



Buffy stopped smiling and leaned forward and whispered the words back in his ear. She stepped back watching the grin widen on his face.



“Ok no slaying. So what will we do instead?” She moved closer her fingers snaking along the collar of his duster.



“Well I don’t know how about we leave and find out?” Grabbing the back of her head he pulled her head back as he kissed her.



Willow grinned as she watched the pair kiss on the dance floor, Spike’s hand grabbing Buffy’s behind as she squealed with delight. Oz waved from his spot on the stage. Xander, meanwhile, was acting like a clown.



Angel had seemed to accept them too but not before giving the initial threat to Spike who just laughed it off. All apocalypses had been warded off for that week in Sunnydale.



Nothing ever occurred here without reason, Sunnydale was a strange place a place where an evil vampire could fall in love with a slayer.