Author's Chapter Notes:
Big Thank to whoever nominated this in Lie To Me Awards . Why It's Real Award. It is real dammit!!!!
Buffy pushed open the door, her arms packed with groceries. Her foot kicked the door closed. Willow looked up, and rushed over to help her.

"Tell me again, why we have Christmas?" Buffy loaded the bags on the counter. Willow smiled as she prepared to put the groceries in the cupboard.

She picked out the marshmallows from the bag; she stared reflecting back on the person that like them. She hadn’t seen him in a while; she felt she could talk to him. No one understood her like he did.

She sighed as she continued to prepare the turkey. Her hands not really aware of what she was doing, she couldn’t get Spike’s disappearance out of her mind.

"Is everything alright Buffy?" Willow looked concerned.

"Huh, yeah everything’s fine," Buffy shook her head.

"Well…no actually I haven’t seen Spike lately," She brushed a strand of hair away from her face.

"Last time, I saw him he said he had some things to take care of," Willow closed the cupboard door.

Buffy frowned, how come Willow knew about it and she didn’t?

She didn’t want to think that she was worried, but she was even though he still had the chip, he could still hurt demons. Which maybe wasn’t a bad thing!

Afternoon quickly became early evening; Willow had finished preparing the turkey and had headed of to the Magic shop to help Anya. Dawn had rushed out to go to her friends across the street. Having the house to herself, she took full advantage and ran a bath.

Spike stood in the shop, waiting for the clerk to give him his change for the purchases. He hoped this would work, he hated spells they never worked out and always held consequences.

Buffy walked into her bedroom she reached for her hairbrush; her eyes glanced over at the window ledge and noticed a blue box with a black ribbon.

A card was attached to the box, funny how she never noticed it before. Her hands reached out for the box, picking up the card she opened it.

"To my love Buffy," She frowned at the card. She shrugged her shoulder and continued to open the box.

Settled on black velvet, a diamond encrusted cross looked back at her. She gasped, and held it to the light.

Sunlight caught prism’s that lit against the wall, Buffy’s breath caught in her throat. She had never seen anything as beautiful before.

She fixed the clasp behind her neck, as it settled just above her cleavage. She continued to dress herself. She picked up the card and read the note a second time, Who would send this? She thought. She turned over the card and saw the word "bedroom door".

She opened the door to her bedroom, lost her footing. She looked down and a similar blue box, although the size was completely different. She grinned as she knelt down and opened it.

She pulled apart the tissue paper, to reveal a dress. She picked up the material and held it to herself.

She quickly pulled off her jeans and T-shirt; the material caressing her body. Spaghetti straps held the dress, as it dipped low on her back. The light blue shade showed off her sunkissed skin perfectly.

She felt like dressing up, being the slayer didn’t really give her that opportunity. She walked to where she had left the box, checking if there was any card. She found the small note, the same words dictated on the white paper.

She turned the card over again and saw the word " kitchen" feeling her adrenaline pump through her body she hurriedly raced out of her bedroom and down the stairs to the kitchen.

Shaking her head, she slowed down the stairs the material of her dress dancing as she walked.

As she turned the corner, she had noticed the red roses lying on the counter before she walked in the room. The fragrance of the flowers enveloped the kitchen.

She picked up the dozen red roses, and inhaled. As she picked them up she noticed the white card left on the counter top.

She smiled as she picked them up, same inscription but with the word " backyard" with a single red rose she continued to the back door.

She opened the door to see a package on the steps; the same steps she sat when she found her mom had a tumour.

Her eyes misted over as she recalled that night; she reached down to the box and opened to find a leather jacket. Her other one had perished in a demon fight some couple of moths earlier.

"Oh my God, this is beautiful," she breathed. Buffy held the leather to her nose all she could smell was Spike.

She looked up, she could swear she heard chanting off in the distance. She put the coat on and ventured down the steps.

The California air blew past the trees on Revello Drive and straight past Buffy. Her hair flying off her shoulders. She ignored it and walked into the backyard.

Something wet landed on her upper arm, she looked at her arm and then upwards. She looked as the snowflakes continued to fall around her feet. She lifted her hands and reached out to catch a snowflake. Her tongue darted out and she giggled.

She heard a laugh around the front yard, and picked up pace and ran back into the house to get a weapon.

Spike sat cross-legged on the grass as the snow fell, his head thrown back he let out a hearty laugh. Candles we’re circled around him while a large book were opened in a particular page in front of him.

She lifted the lid to her weapon chest, looking for a weapon. Her head snapped up as she heard the music.

She closed the lid to her weapons chest and walked over to the window. She was caught offguard. She pulled back the curtain to find Spike in her front yard in the snow, with a guitar held in his hands.

Buffy blinked several times, " Oh god, what is he going to do with the guitar?" even as she thought it, she knew it was an absurd question.

Spike seemed to be waiting for something; he stood there staring at her. She let go of the curtain.

Spike felt dejected, he had honestly thought she would come outside. She had looked surprised and he was sure he had seen the mirror of a smile on her face.

His head lowered, her turned around when he heard the front door open. She stood there, a rose held in her hands. He looked up to her face; she had a frown on her face. Her lips curved to a smile, as she waited.

Spike coughed, as if to gain courage as to what could be called as the most pathetic thing he had ever done.

Spike had to admit, even though he was a vampire. He still had a lot of his former self’s characteristics. William would come out and indulge in his romantic side.

"Okay, I have something for you," He looked down at the guitar and placed his fingers on the chords.



Here I am I’m in the wrong way again,

It’s a game I just can’t win,

There you are breathing soft on my skin,

Still you won’t let me in,

Why save your kisses for a rainy day,

Baby let me know, and take your heart away,

Have you ever needed someone so bad?

Have you ever wanted someone?

You just couldn’t have,

Did you ever try so hard?

Got your world just thrown apart,

Have you ever needed someone so bad?

And to the girl I gotta have,

I gotta have you baby,

Buffy stood there as she listened to Spike sing, his deep voice causing shivers down her neck. The words of the song cut deep, they rang so true.

There you go midnight promises again,

But they’re broken by the dawn,

You wanna go, full faster every day,

But in the morning you’ll be gone,

And I’m alone,

He sang the chorus over again; he dared to look up at Buffy. She held the rose to her chest. Her breathing seemed erratic. He silently prayed he would be able to sing the end of the song without her staking him.

Every dream I dream,

Is like some kind of rational reckless scene,

To give out such crazy love,

It must be some kind of drug,

And if my time don’t ever come,

For me you’re still the one,

Damned if I don’t,

Damned if I do,

I gotta a fix on you,

As he finished the song, Buffy moved down the steps. What was she gonna say to that? He had sung that song for her?

Spike took off the guitar and placed it on the grass, he stood a step back in case she concealed any weapons.

"Spike," he heard the whisper and looked up. Tracks of tears had now dried up on her cheeks.

They stood close, her green eyes shining bright as the moon. She continued to stare in those thralling blue eyes of his.

"Yes luv," he waited.

"That was beautiful," She breathed. She reached up and touched his cheek. He closed his eyes at her touch.

His eyes still closed; Buffy inched closer she kissed him softly on the lips. Spike felt the warm of her breath. His arms moved round her back and pulled her close. His bare hands felt flesh, caressed the small of her back which elicited a moan from Buffy.

He broke off the kiss, and held her at arms length. He then noticed the dress she was wearing. His breath caught in his throat at this vision before him.

"I guess you like my dress," She twirled her hair flowing.

"Buffy, I…" She placed a finger to his lips.

" I want to tell you something Spike," he nodded and she removed her finger.

" I have treated you badly, this year. And you we’re the only person I felt I could talk to," Buffy lowered her eyes as she spoke.

"The truth is…I love you. I guess I have for a long time, I didn’t want to believe it," She caught Spike hitch in his breath. The look of wonder on his face as she spoke the words he had waited so long to hear.

"But, what about everyone else?" Buffy smoothed a stray curl on his platinum blonde hair. As the snow continued to fall around them.



"It’s my life, not there’s and I would choose you every time," she smiled as his grin widened.

" Come on, let’s make you a nice cup of cocoa," She grabbed his hand

He smiled as he intertwined his fingers with Buffy’s. Never in his life would he have thought him William the Bloody, The Scourge of Europe would be involved with the Slayer.

"Luv, Do you have any marshmallow’s?"

Buffy laughed as they walked up the steps, she opened the door.

"Of course, only for my Big Bad,"