Authors note: This was a dream I had last night and I woke up near the end so I decided to finish it off and write it up as a fan fic. Hope ya like. If it’s no good, I blame the eternal mystery that is my brain for giving such an odd dream.
Molly x

************************************************************

Buffy ran around her apartment wearing nothing but a towel, searching for a pair of socks as the doorbell rang loudly. She sighed and went to answer the door whilst pulling her towel more tightly around her as to avoid flashing whomever had decided to show up at… She looked at the clock, 7.28am?! *What a stupid time to come round!*

The door was pulled open to reveal Willow a look of slight panic written upon her face. Buffy frowned. *Isn’t Willow meant to be in England with Giles and the Coven?*

“Buffy! The Coven sent me,” she said breathlessly, *That answers my question then.* “Get dressed, there’s an apocalypse.”

“Another one, jeez, don’t the forces of darkness get fed up with this crap. Sorry, come in, I’ll just find some clothes.”

Five minutes later Buffy and Willow were getting ready to leave as Buffy finished writing a note to Dawn.

“There.” She exclaimed folding the note and attatching it to the fridge. “She’s so gonna kick my ass after missing that mini-apocalypse last month, and now there’s a real one. Well, at least she’s safe here. Where’re we going?”

“Dunno, Giles wasn’t specific, the Coven gave me a teleportation spell to get us there, it’s in a desert. There’s some pretty fierce giants trying to destroy the land and apparently there’s some shiny jewels buried underneath the dessert that could trigger the whole ‘end-of-the-world’ thing we like to avoid.”

“Right. Wait, did you say giants?!”

**********************************************************

Giles, Xander and Faith stood in a dessert holding a bazooka and some swords and axes.

“These axes ain’t gonna do much damage to something that size…” Xander said and pointed into the distance where three 50 ft giants rampaged towards them and the tomb behind them some 10 ft.

“Don’t worry man, slayers arriving any moment now, we can kick that ass!” Faith said smiling.

“Yeah, well normally I’d I would agree but I don’t think even the tallest of slayers could reach that ass.”
“Not to worry, Willow and the coven are working on a shrinking spell, they would still be some 15 ft tall, but to go with what Xander was saying, you may possibly be able to reach their rear ends.”

Just then an electric blue spread then popped as is disappeared leaving a couple of hundred slayers and Angel and Spike.

“Figured we could use all the help we could find.”

Turning round, Giles and Xander saw Willow and Buffy standing holding onto a rucksack and a large sword.

“Holy crap!” Dawn said as she ran over from the tomb, eyes wide with excitement and fear.

“Dawn!!!”

“Why you little stowaway!” Tutted Willow with a smile.

“Deal with this later, everyone get ready, first wave attack get ready…”

“Fire!” yelled Xander, leaving streams of smoking arrows and magicks from Willows fingertips to fly in the direction of the giants.

“That was my line!” Mumbled Giles good-naturedly.

“Form a circle, the spell worked, they’re getting smaller, it’ll only last a half hour though.” Buffy shouted walking over to Spike. “Keep them away from the tomb.”

“Hello cutie.”

Buffy took a deep breathe as she took place in the semi-circle next to Spike. She gulped as she looked him in the eyes. *Was he always this frickin’ hot?*

“Stay close.” She ordered in a more stable voice then her insides would allow her to reflect.

“Always.”

“Try not to die.” Buffy said more softly this time.

“Always.” He said with a smirk and she grinned back holding her sword in front of her prepared for battle.

“I love you, I meant it then and I mean it now. But I guess you wouldn’t believe me, I’ll tell you again later.”

**********************************************************

As Buffy allowed Faith to do the honours and stab the final giant standing, the slayers cheered and many of them collapsed onto the ground with exhustion, she decisively let her sword fall to her side.

Somehow, the giants had managed to smash half of the tomb apart with their large wooden clubs, leaving debris of rock and trees from the surrounding area to litter the already dusty ground. Giles was working on moving a few of the slayers who had gotten trapped and Angel was helping Willow to get into a truck which had been driven up by Xander some 10 minutes beforehand.

Spike on the other hand, was no-where to be seen.

“Angel, where did Spike go?” Asked Buffy starting to panic already.

“Not sure, he was beside you about 20 minutes ago…”

“Oh god!” She cried falling to her hands and knees, Willow was immediately beside her, holding her. “He’s gone. And he still didn’t believe me! No, he promised Willow, he said he wouldn’t leave me…”

Buffy sat staring into space, silent tears falling down her cheeks thinking of the one person she’d never see again, when suddenly a hand grabbed her arm to force to look round at that exact same person.

Spike was covered in small cuts, red, angry gashes covering his face and an unhappy looking purple bruise was forming on his jaw. He smiled weakly and pulled her into a fierce hug.

“Still love me?”

“Of course I do. God, I never stopped! I thought you were gone… again. Are you okay? I thought I’d never see you again, I was so worried I thought you’d died and you didn’t believe me again. Will you be okay? Are you alright? Are you-”

Spike silenced her with a gentle kiss. He pulled back and stroked her charcoal smeared face *Why do these dragons always show up at an apocalypse?* and looked into her eyes which were swimming with tears.

“I’m okay. Are you?”

“I was scared, don’t leave me again.”

“Never. Lets get you into the truck, outta the sun, you got a sunburned nose.”

“Woah! You’re in the sun! Holy crap!” This came from Dawn who had positively squealed when Spike had kissed her big sister but had remained in the background to allow them some privacy. Apperntly her shock at Spike not being able to fit into an ashtray was enough to bring her out of her respectful silence.

“Oh my god, how is that possible, did Willow do a spell to let you walk about in the sun?”

“We’re in an altrnative dimension, hence the need for teleportation to get here. Get into the truck Buffy, we’ll round up everyone else.”

Spike helped Buffy into the back of the army truck.

As it pulled away, Buffy sat in Spikes lap blissfully happy whispering words of love in his ear. Opposite them sat Angel with a scowl across his usually broody face.

“At least I have Nina…” But his eyes betrayed him as he gazed longingly at the blonde slayer who was now groping her long lost love, not caring who saw them.