Author's Chapter Notes:


Like , Spikesicles, this is a chat inspired fic - so credit goes Miss Ariel Dawn (If you haven’t read her stuff yet go read it!!) for entertaining my muse! This however is a short little story. Sadly I neither own Buffy characters or any of the Smurfs. Certainly, I’m not the first one to come up with a “Hooker Smurf”, but maybe some of the others I came up with are haven't been thought of yet. Cheers!


Thanks to Bloody Tears of Life for taking the time to beta this fic! ;)



Ok...final warning...this is an AU comedy fic!





Saturday Morning


Look at them out there Buffy! They are just glued to the television, watching cartoons. The world is about to end and they are watching freakin’ cartoons, can you believe it?” Willow asked Buffy.

“Actually, I don’t blame them. Some of my happiest memories are from being a kid and watching TV,” Buffy replied with a wistful smile on her face.

“Mine too. I used to love to watch Strawberry Shortcake.”

“And the Superfriends!” she exclaimed, images of the old cartoons flashing through her head. “I used to wear my underoos and pretend to be Superwoman!”

“Yeah Buff, but you don’t have to pretend anymore. Now you are a super hero.”

“Funny how things worked out. Of course lucky for me, I have super friends!”

Willow and Buffy began rolling around on the floor, laughing out loud hysterically at Buffy’s pun. The girls picked themselves up off the floor, but not without having peaked Spike’s attention from the basement.

In fact, Spike wasn’t sure what got his attention, the loudness or the fact that for the first time in a while, he heard a genuine laugh from the Slayer. He sat back on the cot and listened tentatively. He wanted to make sure he knew exactly what it was that would make his girl so genuinely happy.

Willow took a sip of water from her glass, and wiped the tears of laughter away from her eyes.

“Oh Goddess, it seems so long ago but it really wasn’t. Even though I was a bookworm, I still found a way to get over to Xander’s for Saturday morning cartoons.”

“Your mom didn’t find out Xander was corrupting you?”

“My mom didn’t notice, remember?” Willow reminded with a sad smile.

“Oh yeah, sorry Wills.” Buffy gave her friend a sympathetic pat.

“Don’t worry about it. If she did notice, could you imagine how screwed up I’d be? I’d have never watched the Smurfs!”

Buffy’s eyes widened in remembrance. “Oh Wills, I loved the Smurfs. I used to wish that I was like Smurfette, with the pretty long blond hair, and she got…”

“…All the guys attention!” Willow finished up Buffy’s sentence. “I used to hate Gargamel, but I always felt bad for his cat Azrael.”

“Me too Wills. You know, I used to think of what each of my friends would look like if they were a Smurf,” she confessed with a giggle.

“Me too. Oh Goddess, I just had an idea!”

“Spill Wills. Tell Super Buffy!” That sent the girls into another giggle fest before they sobered enough to talk again.

“We should take all our friends and everyone we know and make them a Smurf,” Willow suggested, her eyes lighting up.

“That sounds like so much fun! Let’s get some paper and write this down. I’m sure Xander will get a kick out of this later.”

Spike vaguely remembered what a Smurf was. Then the light bulb of recognition went off in his head. Dru had loved to play with the little plastic blue dolls. She had to collect them all, and when she couldn’t find the one she wanted; well some poor child had it. He thought about going upstairs, when suddenly the basement door flew open and a blur of blond went flying by him.

Boxes were being thrown from side to side until finally, Buffy came across that which she was seeking. She opened up the box to find all of the little plastic toys she had saved so carefully.

“Bugger, not you too?”

Buffy looked over at Spike’s face. “Huh?”

“Those silly little blue toys, Dru had to have them all.”

“Yeah but these little blue toys made me so happy.” Buffy replied to Spike, with a nostalgic look on her face.

Spike remembered exactly why his interest had been peaked. Buffy was happy. He had just slightly dampened that happiness. Well, what else could he do but make things right.

“Well, I heard you and Red talking about your little game up there. Sounds fun. Mind if I join you?”

Buffy was shocked. She was already in a good mood, and not all stressed out from thinking about the First. Now Spike wanted to play Smurfs? With her and Willow ?

“Who are you and what have you done with my Spike?”

Spike heard the ‘my’ in her sentence. He chose not to comment and held it close to his heart. Instead he opted to keep focused on the matter at hand.

“To be honest luv, you sound right happy up there. I just want to be a part of it. ‘Sides, sounds like I could contribute and have a few good laughs myself.”

Spike could have swore he saw the biggest, brightest grin ever cross Buffy’s face.

“Ok. Come on up!”

Buffy reached her hand out to Spike’s and pulled him off the bed. With her toy box in one hand, and his hand in her other, they quickly ran up the stairs into the kitchen. Lucky for Spike, the house was not receiving any direct sun at the time.

“Hey Wills, guess what? We have a new player!”

“Spike! You’re gonna play Smurfs with us? This will be so much fun!”

Spike, Buffy, and Willow all sat at the breakfast nook with a pad of paper and a pile of blue figurines in the middle. Immediately, Buffy reached for a gentle looking Smurf with a feathered pen in his hand.

“Since it’s my house, I go first!”

Spike rolled his eyes at Buffy. She pretended not to see, because she knew she would get him back right away.

“So Spike, if you were a Smurf, I think you would be Poet Smurf.” She set the figure in front of him, happy with her selection.

“Ahh! Slayer, you kill me. I would be the Big Bad. Isn’t there a lil’ Smurf with some fangs or blood?”

“No, and you wouldn’t be the Big Bad. He was ugly in the Smurfs.. You are not. And you like poetry, so you would be Poet Smurf.”

Before he could protest, Willow piped up. “My turn!”

“Ok Red, go ahead,” he said, cramming down his want to protest in light of Buffy’s happiness.

“Ok. Well if Buffy was a Smurf, she would be Slayer Smurf and she would be in love with Poet Smurf.”

Buffy blushed at Willow ’s pairing, as did Spike. There was a little awkward silence, but no protest from either.

“Your turn Spike.”

“Well Red, since we know there wasn’t a Slayer Smurf, and we are in the act of making up Smurf names for our friends, I’d like to nominate Slayer Smurf's ex beau as Captain Forehead Smurf.”

Buffy and Willow broke out into hysterics. Spike was so overjoyed to see that she hadn’t become protective of Angel, and was laughing. Laughing as she had while he was down in the basement. Laughing with innocence and glee, and he was responsible for that laughter. The thought warmed his undead heart.

“Oh no, Poet Smurf, look out! Here comes Gargamel and Captain Forehead Smurf. Run!” Buffy managed to squeak out between her fits of laughter.

Spike naturally joined right in to continue on.

“And look, its Darla, also known as Hooker Smurf!”

“And look it’s Vampire Smurf, Drusilla.” Willow added.

“Oh my, she’s sinking her teeth into the not so yummy Military Smurf!” Buffy spit out.

All three were practically rolling on the floor laughing. Spike barely managed to compose himself when Dawn came walking in.

“Fellow Smurfs, we’ve been invaded by the Green Smurf!” Spike said before he fell again in a fit of laughter.

“I can’t believe this. You guys must be drunk, or high, or something. That can be the only explanation for this awful, awful mind scarring scene in front of me,” Dawn said.

Just then Giles walked into the room to see what the commotion was about.

Buffy looked up and through her tears just made out Giles. “Hey guys, Tweed Smurf is here!”

Buffy fell into Spike’s arms as she laughed hysterically. Giles just removed his glasses and walked out of the room, mumbling on about how it’s been years since he had last worn tweed.

The three of them calmed down from their fits of laughter, and sat themselves back into their chairs.

“Thanks so much guys for the laughs, I really needed that,” Buffy said as she squeezed Spike’s hand and sent a gentle glance to Willow .

“No problem Buffy! It was fun.”

“Luv, it was so nice to see you smile like that.”

Spike knew he was taking a big chance, but he laid a gentle kiss on her head. He smiled when she snuggled into him.

“It was nice to see both of you so carefree and happy too. So Spike, what did you do on Saturday mornings when you were a kid?” Willow asked.

“Well,” he hesitated revealing things about his past, but when Buffy peered up at him with interest, he relented. “We read stories to each other. My sister and I would sometimes draw too.”

“Really. Sounds like fun!” Willow said.

“Actually…” Buffy began to speak but her giggle fit interrupted her. “… I bet Angel used to spend his Saturdays drawing. I’ve got just the idea!”

Spike looked suspiciously at Buffy. “And what would that be?”

“I say we send Captain Forehead Smurf our little list here and ask him to draw up our Smurf Family!”

The loudness of the laughter prompted Dawn to come into the room again. She was surprised to see Buffy in Spike’s arms, so she cared not to comment on it.

“Now what is so funny?” She asked, both hands placed on her hips.

“Sorry Bit, your big sis’ thought it would be funny to ask Captain Forehead Smurf to draw a picture of our Smurf family.”

Dawn cracked a big smile on her face. Regardless if her sister and friends were crazy or not, this was just one opportunity Dawn was not going to let pass by. She reached for the phone and the phone book. Quickly she dialed the number before Buffy could get the phone from her.

“Dawn, what are you doing?”

Dawn raised her finger to lips, effectively shushing Buffy. When Spike heard Angel’s voice answer the other end, he used all of his power to prevent himself from breaking out in laughter.

“Angel?”

“Oh, hi Dawn. Is everything okay there? Is Buffy alright?”

“Yeah she’s fine. Listen, remember when you said you’d help me with some schoolwork?”

“It’s been awhile since I’ve been in school, but I’ll see if I can help you.” Spike could hear his eager to please voice fully in place.

“Great. I hate for you to break a promise to me. Look, I worked with everyone here to develop a Smurf Family for school, but I need you to draw it. Plllleaaaassseeee?” Her high-pitched plead threatening to break eardrums.

“Ok. I’ll help,” Angel answered, saying anything to stop the ringing in his ears. “Who did you work with to develop your Smurf Family?”

“Um. Well. Buffy kind of helped. So did Willow.”

By then Spike couldn’t stop his laugher anymore, he had stuffed a towel in his face to keep his merriment down. Angel’s vampire hearing could still pick up on it though.

“Dawn, Spike didn’t help you too, did he?”

“Actually, he did. A lot.”

Angel held his breath and finally decided to just lay it on the line.

“Dawn, did Spike make me a Smurf?” His voice was full of suppressed irritation.

“Yep. You are a part of our family, so of course I included you,” Dawn answered in a sweet voice.

“Let me guess, he made me Peachy Smurf.”

“Nope.”

“Poofter Smurf?”

By now none of the occupants of the room, sans Dawn, were unable to restrain their laughter. Buffy prayed that Angel would forgive her, but she really didn’t care at the moment. She was happy and in Spike’s arms.

“Nope.”

“Ok Dawn. Spill.”

“Well, do you think you could draw a Captain Forehead Smurf?” she asked in that same sweet, innocent voice.

“Spike!!!”

Dawn hung up the phone as Angel screamed at his bastard grandchilde. She turned around to the supposed adults still reeling in laughter.

“Gee, and you call me immature!”