Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is dedicated to Ashlee, my closest friend in the fandom who I’ve been beta’ing for since August 2004. It’s her birthday on Saturday, so my goal is to post the story in its entirety by then, which also means that this will be fairly short but hopefully enjoyable for all of you who read it.
“Pretty please?” Buffy asked as she batted her eyelashes at William Brooks, her roommate. “I’ll do the dishes for a month.”

“And you’ll pay rent on time for our dingy little apartment?” he asked, smirking when she pouted. “I shouldn’t have to cover your half all of the time.”

“I was only one day late last time,” she replied. “And I always pay you back, don’t I?”

“Yes, but-”

“Please, Will? It’s important to me,” she said.

“Writing Angel fan fiction is important?” he asked, raising an eyebrow. “Since when?”

“Fine, I guess I’ll ask someone else,” she replied, walking into her bedroom.

He paused for a long moment before getting off of the couch and shaking his head as he went to her room, leaning against the doorframe and watching her as she sat at her computer, quickly typing something.

“Is it really that necessary for me to edit your stuff?” he asked, not surprised when she looked at him and grinned.

“You’ve seen how I write- I tend to misspell things and omit punctuation,” she said. “That’s why it’s a pretty good idea for authors to get betas.”

“Betas?” he asked, confused. “What does that mean?”

“I guess it’s the same thing as being an editor,” she said, shrugging. “All you have to do is proofread chapters and be my sounding board when I come up with ideas.”

“I’m sure you could find someone better,” he replied. “I’ve only seen a handful of Angel episodes. I’m not too fond of the main character.”

“But you liked Cordelia, and she’s one of the major characters I write about.”

“Yeah, she’s an interesting bird,” he said, smiling. “A bit bitchy sometimes and rude, but she seems okay.”

“So you’ll do it?” she asked, her eyes lighting up when he half-heartedly nodded. “Great! I’ve got a couple of chapters already written for this one story I’m working on.”

“What’s the premise of it?” he asked, walking into the room and sitting down on the edge of her bed.

“Angel and Cordelia are playing a poker game by themselves,” she answered, beginning to type again.

“Sounds pretty simple,” he said.

“Well, it’s strip poker,” she replied, looking over her shoulder at him and noticing the odd expression on his face. “What?”

“Luv, what kind of fan fiction do you write?” he asked. “The general, normal kind… or the stuff that’s not for a child’s eyes?”

“The latter,” she answered, giggling when he paled. “There’s nothing wrong with that. I’m twenty-four, you know.”

“You expect me to read and edit a pornographic story for you?” he asked.

She beamed at him before turning her attention back to her computer. “I don’t see why not. I know you watch porn all the time- this is practically the same thing. The only difference is that it’s in words and not images, and the reader has the opportunity to mentally imagine this stuff and form a clear visual in their head.” She sighed and saved the chapter she had finished up. “This is more tasteful, though.”

“I’ll be the judge of that,” he said as he stood up. “I know how dirty your mind can get.”

“Oh, I don’t think you really do,” she replied, laughing. “Wait until you see this chapter.”

“Can’t wait,” he mumbled as he left the room.

“I’m sending the chapters I’ve finished as an attachment to your e-mail address,” she called after him as he returned to the living room. “That way you can edit them whenever you want to.”

“Thanks,” he replied, loud enough for her to hear.

He picked up the half-full beer bottle that was on the coffee table in front of him and took a swig from it. What’re you getting yourself into, mate?

* * * * *

”Oh, Angel!” Cordelia screamed out as he continued to plow into her from behind, his grasp tight on her hips as he surged into her roughly.

“Good Christ,” William murmured, in disbelief that his friend wrote something like that.

He shifted the growing hardness in his jeans and tried to make himself comfortable, even though he was beginning to picture the scenario in his head, replacing Cordelia with Buffy and Angel with himself.

”Like this, baby?” Angel asked in a low tone, removing his hand from one of her hips and sliding it across her stomach before moving it in between her thighs and finding her clit, rubbing it in a circular motion.

“Harder… please fuck me harder.”

Cordelia shrieked when Angel complied, quickening his thrusts and causing her to have one of the best orgasms of her entire life.


“I bet he did,” William joked lightly, trying to ignore the fact that he now had a straining erection in his pants that was primarily caused by thoughts of shagging Buffy in a similar way to how Angel and Cordelia had in the chapter she wrote.

As he began to contemplate either taking a cold shower or taking matters into his own hands, so to speak, he headed towards the bathroom but was stopped by the sight of Buffy dancing around in their small kitchen, listening to a song on the radio. He studied the way her body moved, putting emphasis on every curve and her tan legs, remembering a fantasy he had weeks ago when those exact legs were wrapped around his hips as he pumped into her body.

Buffy saw something out of the corner of her eye and spun around, seeing William standing a few feet away and watching her with a look in his eyes that she couldn’t quite place. When he realized he had been caught, his eyes widened and he had the decency to look embarrassed, as did she.

“I was just dancing,” she said quietly, blushing. “Sorry if the music was too loud.”

“It’s fine,” he replied. “I finished reading the first chapter.”

“Really?” she asked, grinning. “How was it? Does it look okay?”

“It’s… g-good,” he managed to get out. “I’m going to take a shower.”

“Okay,” she said, watching as he turned and walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind him.

It must’ve been better than “good”, judging by the obvious bulge in his pants, she thought, giggling. Silly man, trying to hide it by holding a towel in front of him. If anything, my attention was drawn to the space between those strong thighs of his. She turned off the radio and looked at the bathroom door. Too bad he doesn’t feel like working off some of his tension on me. I wonder when he’ll realize that I purposely asked him to beta to see if he’d cave in to temptation… I hope it’s sooner rather than later.