“Eat that garbage breath!” Buffy said punching the green demon in the jaw. She grabbed her wooden stake and shoved it into the demons chest. Buffy sighed. “Hey Will, wanna head home? I’m totally tired, and look” she pointed to her black leather pants that were covered in green goo from the demon “this is going to have to be drycleaned!”

Willow gave Buffy a small smile. “Sure, no problem. We’ll go to the movies another time.”
“Thanks Will, I owe you one.”
Buffy shuddered and walked through the dark graveyard, stepping over the bodies of the demons. “Buffy-3, Icky green guys-0!”
Willow laughed. “Sorry I wasn’t much help.”
“No prob, and you did help, a lot! The fireball was a great help.” Buffy offered a small smile and started walking down her street.
“Thanks, Buff. I’m going to go see Giles at the Magic Box. He wanted to help me with my magick.” Willow shrugged.
“Need any help?”
“No I’ll be good. See you later, Buff!” Willow said as she dashed off towards the direction of the Magic Box.

Buffy sighed and walked up the familiar pathway towards her house. It’s good to be home. She opened the door silently and trudged up the stairs towards the bathroom. She heard voices downstairs. Dawn must be on the phone…again. She walked into the bathroom and slowly pried off the sticky leather pants and white, now green sweater. She turned on the shower full blast and heat started to spray out. After the shower she quickly rubbed on her lotion, scented vanilla and walked outside to the hallway, wearing only her towel, and into her bedroom. She searched for her pig pajamas. No luck. Dawn must’ve taken them! Ugh, I hate when she takes my clothes. Well, this time I’m not going to let her get away with it! Buffy marched down the stairs, still wearing the soft white towel. “DAWN!” No answer. Buffy sighed and walked towards the kitchen. She must still be on the phone. She walked into the kitchen, seeing only her mother. “Mom, where’s Dawn? She took my clothes…again!” Buffy walked further into the kitchen to see that her mother wasn’t alone. “Spike.”

“Hello pet.” Spike said softly. His eyes trailed over Buffy’s body. “D’ you walk around the house dressed like that usually?”
Buffy’s cheeks reddened as she realized that she still wearing only a towel. “I…I…”

Joyce finally spoke up. “Oh…uh…Buffy. Hello, I didn’t hear you come in. Um…pajamas, right. Oh! I just washed them, one second, I’ll go grab them.” Joyce ran out of the room, looking flushed.




Spike grinned and walked closer up to Buffy. His eyes traveled up Buffy’s body. His knees felt weak and his “friend below” was hard and aching against the inside zipper of his dark black jeans. He breathed an unneeded breath and smelled Buffy. Mmm… vanilla…” Spike looked up to Buffy’s eyes and grinned. I love it when she’s embarrassed. Buffy still hadn’t said anything. Spike grinned again. “I personally think it’s a great outfit. Very sexy.” Buffy’s eyes opened wide and her cheeks blushed more. “Shut up, you pig!” Buffy hit Spike in the jaw hard and he howled back in anger. “You bloody-”
“Is everything okay?” Joyce’s calm voice entered the room. She held out Buffy’s. Buffy quietly took them.
“Spike was being a jerk…again.” Buffy’s cheeks faded to there normal color and started walking out of the kitchen.
“Oh, Buffy, come back down here when your dressed, okay? I need to talk to you.”

Buffy eyed Spike then her mother. “Um okay. Be down in a few.” Buffy started to walk towards the stairs.
“Spike, please. Make yourself comfortable. We’ll bring your stuff over in a bit.”
“Oh, thanks Joyce. But I don’t have much stuff. Everything is in the car.”
“Oh, okay. Well I’ll get Buffy to help you carry your stuff in.”
“Whoa, what?!?!?” Buffy stopped dead in her tracks. Comfortable? Stuff? What the hell is going on? Joyce sighed. “Buffy, go get dressed. I’ll tell you when you get down.”
Buffy rushed up and down the stairs, now fully dressed.

“Okay. I’m dressed. What’s up?”
“Well...” Joyce hesitated. “I’m going on a trip for a week and Spike is going to stay with you.” Buffy froze. An O formed on her mouth. “It’s a thing for the gallery.” Joyce added.
“What? No way!”
“Buffy, everything is planned. Dawn is going to stay at her friend’s house for the week. It’ll be less work for you to get her dinner, help her with homework, make sure she gets to school in time, and so on. I can’t miss this trip. And Spike…well he doesn’t have a home right now. Giles won’t let him stay with him and plus, he’ll be some company while I’m gone.” Joyce replied strictly. “What’s done is done. I’ll be leaving tomorrow morning. I’m sorry Buffy but this trip came up so suddenly and-”
“It’s fine.” Buffy replied shortly. “But he stays in the basement.” She said looking at Spike. “24/7.”
“Hey!” Spike said, standing up. “I’ve got stuff to do too.”
“Oh sure. Evil things, right? Uh hello, chip?” Buffy replied sarcastically.
“BUFFY! He’ll be sleeping in my room for the week. I’ve already made sure that no light can come in. And you’re not locking your guest in the basement!”
Spike sneered at Buffy then looked to Joyce. “Thank you Joyce. That’s very sweet of you.”
Joyce turned to Spike and smiled sweetly. “You’re welcome Spike. Now excuse me, I am going to go finish packing.” Joyce quickly exited the kitchen.
Buffy turned towards Spike and glared. “You come within 3 feet of me I will personally stake you.”
“Love, really do-”
“I’m not your love.”
Spike took a step towards Buffy. “What are you going to do about it, love?”
“This.” Buffy punched him in the stomach. Spike leaned over and groaned.
“If it was up to me to say pet, I would think you like to touch me.”
“Ew! Gross Spike!” Buffy walked to the living room and fell down on the soft couch and picked up a magazine and started flipping through it. Spike sat down next to her and grabbed the remote from the coffee table.
“We’re not watching Passions Spike.” Buffy muttered and kept flipping the pages in the magazine.
“Fine.” Spike growled then turned to look at Buffy.
Buffy looked up from her magazine. “What?”
“There’s nothing else to do.”
“Fine watch your awful show.”
Spike grinned. “Now was that so hard?”
Buffy smiled sarcastically. “Believe me, you don’t know how hard.”
Spike looked back to the TV as a Passions rerun came on. Joyce came down the stairs. “Oh Passions!” She ran over to the couch and sat down next to Spike.
“You know what? It seems like you guys are having so much fun and I really don’t want to ruin it. I’m going out, I’ll be back around 1.” Buffy said, getting up.
“Where are you going?” Spike called out.
“I’m going to hang out with my boyfriend. Later.” She pulled on her coat.
“Have fun Buffy.” Joyce called out.
“Wait-uh…Joyce, you really don’t think Buffy should go out do you? I-I mean it’s so late.” Spike sputtered out.
Why does he look so upset? Whoa, is he jealous? No… “Excuse me? Okay, first of all, uh hello, slayer? I can take care of myself. Second…” She looked towards Spike “You may be living here but you can’t control my life.” She looked back to her mother. “Bye mom, be back later.” Buffy walked outside and started walking towards Riley’s place.