2 PEOPLE AND 7 DAYS

Author: Lu
Main Characters: Buffy/Spike
Disclaimer: I know these characters don’t belong to me
Feedback: I’d like it
Setting: Season 4, after “Pangs”(But Oz didn’t leave)

Summary: Just take a certain chipped blond Vampire; make him spend almost a week with a certain blonde Slayer.. and see what happens!

SUNDAY

“ No way, you’re kidding!” Buffy exclaimed as soon as she found out the reason why Giles had come to her.
“ I’m sorry Buffy, but you’re the only one who can help me now!”
“ You can’t ask me to keep Spike locked up in MY house, so you can go to your stupid Congress!” she accused him, crossing her arms.
“ First, it’s * not * a stupid Congress, it’s very important; second, it’s just for a week, you can handle it; and third, I would have asked someone else, but it’s not my fault if Oz is away with Willow during this University Break for a tour and Xander and Anya decided to follow them. Besides, Joyce is away for job, so it’s not like you can put her in danger if you keep here a vampire, a temporary harmless one, anyway!” Giles justified, cleaning his sunglasses.
“ Chip or not, he’s still dangerous! Ok Giles, you won: I’ll keep an eye on him while you’re away. When are you going to bring him to me?”
“ Well.. now! He’s already in my car. You know, it’s sunset and I’m supposed to leave tonight..,” he explained.
“ So, I guess you were sure I would have finally given in!” she blamed him, annoyed.
“ No, Buffy! It’s just that .. I was.. uh.. pretty confident in.. ehm… your big generosity!” he said with the most innocent of the smiles.
“ Well, I’d better go to catch him..” he muttered, going to his car and pulling Spike out the car-door roughly.

His hands were tied behind his back and Giles dragged him to the threshold of the house.
“ Now Buffy, you should inv..” but before Giles could finish his sentence, under the surprised man’s eyes, Spike took a step forward, passing the threshold without any barrier.
“.. invite him in!” Giles ended his sentence, puzzled.

“ Hi Slayer, it seems we’re gonna be co-tenant for a while!” the vampire exclaimed with a half smile.
She was about to strike back, but Giles cut her angrily: “ Buffy, why can he let in your house so freely?”
“ Well, you know.. do you remember the truce? Then, when mom invited him in the kitchen and he was drunk..” she tried to explain.
“ I remember perfectly. The question is WHY can he * still * let in? You were supposed to remove the invitation, weren’t you?”
“ Uh.. I kind of forgot it!” she apologized.
“ Maybe she likes the idea I can go here whenever I want, maybe to keep company to her during the night, in her bedroom...” Spike commented sarcastic, trying to tease her.

< Well, Spike in my room.. it’s been so long since I have slept with a guy.. Wait! What the hell am I thinking? He’s not a guy, he’s Spike, eww!! > she thought, trying to figure out why she hadn’t removed the invitation.

“ The only thing you can keep company to is my stake!” she stroke back, but he noticed the sudden blush on her cheeks and smirked.
“ Just be more careful the next time!” Giles summoned her, “ Now tell me where I must put him”, he asked pointing at Spike.
“ Well, just tie him on a chair in the living room, so I can watch him constantly!” she suggested, helping Giles to tie him, while the blond grumbled his disappointment.

“ Ok, fine! Now I must go. I’ll be back in a week, behave yourselves!” Giles implored.
“ Bye Watcher, and try to have some fun, too: there’s not only job in life!” Spike commented.
“ Bye Giles!” she said, closing the door, smiling for that well-aimed observation.
“ So, we are alone now..” he said with a malicious sneer.
“ Shut up, Spike! This is gonna be the longest week of my life!” she exclaimed, rolling her eyes.
“ Yeah, instead I’m bloody happy to spend a whole week with you around me every time, to say nothing to the fact that I’m stuck here tied on a sodding chair!” he retorted.
“ Well, peroxide, let me remind you it: YOU’RE NOT ON HOLIDAY!”
“ Right, ‘cos the Slayer’s house is the best Holiday place for a vampire!”
“ Anyway, I’m gonna make this week as unpleasant as I can to you!” she guaranteed.
“ Mutual, pet!”
“ And DON’T call me pet!” she summoned him approaching to the stairs.
“ As you wish, PET!” he replied, emphasizing the last word.
She rolled her eyes exasperated and ran upstairs.

When he saw her letting in her room, he chuckled.
< Cor, she’s so beautiful when she’s pissed off.. Who am I kidding? She’s always beautiful, in every mood and every way. >

Meanwhile Buffy, to vent her anger, started punching a pillow, pretending it was Spike.

< Grr! I can’t stand him! He’s so irritating, so annoying, so arrogant, with his stupid witticism, his sexy smiles, his… hey wait! Have I really just said ‘sexy’? There’s something wrong..>, she realized, stopping all of a sudden.

She would rather stay in her room, but after about an hour an insistent voice called her: “ Sllaaaayyyeeeerrr!” he hummed several times.
“ What the hell do you want from me, Spike?”, she asked, appearing at the banisters.
“ Well, it’s 8 30 pm, pet!”
“ So what? Thank you for this updated time signal no one had asked you!”
“ You didn’t understand: 8 30 pm means dinner!”
“ And what am I supposed to do?” she asked, starting coming down the stairs.
“ Actually, your Watcher gave me blood, feeding me with a mug to my mouth.. it’s so awkward, I just hope you won’t have a ‘KISS THE LIBRARIAN’ one!” he explained.
Buffy smiled for his last remark: she could easily figure out the whole situation.
“ What makes you think that I’m gonna do it?” she asked, stopping at the middle.
“ Well, I saw your Watcher giving you the blood bags before leaving.. then you can’t make a poor chipped vampire starve!” he pouted, to move her to pity.
“ Why not?” she teased him.
“ Oh, C’mon! Stop being the bitch you’re always with me!”
“ Oh, you are so winning your dinner that way!” she informed him, turning to come back in her room.
“ Noo, wait! I mean.. why just for once can’t you be with me the wonderful, generous, sweet kind person everyone keeps saying you are?” he corrected himself immediately.
“ From insults to flatteries eh?” she smiled, reaching the living room, finally.
“ Please!” he said tentatively one last time.
“ Ok, ok, you won!” she gave in, going to the kitchen.
She took a bag, pouring the red liquid in a mug, which she put in the microwave for a while. After that, she came back to him, holding the mug.
She brought it close to his mouth, but the uncomfortable position didn’t allow her to make him drink.
He realized first: “ Jump on, pet!” he suggested, indicating his lap with his look.
She obeyed watching him interrogatively.
“ It’s just because I guess it’s easier that way!” he explained, smiling.
And he was right: it was easier for her to tilt the mug to him, so he finally started drinking.
Just after few sips, she couldn’t help smiling, and he noticed that, stopping.
“ Wassup?” he asked.
“ Oh, nothing! I was just thinking that it’s like to feed a baby… well.. if I can call a Big Bad Master Vampire Killer of Two Slayers.. baby!” she explained, and they both ended up laughing.
So, he went back to drink, but that time Buffy watched him with different eyes, obviously without letting him catch her.

< Who would have ever guessed that sitting on his lap could feel so.. good?! Poor me, I don’t know what I say anymore.. I must have been single for too long, it’s only that! >

But she wasn’t the only one lost in thoughts.
< If only I wasn’t so tied up.. I could wrap an arm around her and.. hey, what the bloody hell am I thinking? I can’t want to * cuddle * the Slayer!! Poor me, the bloodlust have made me insane, it’s only that!>

He had finished drinking for a while, but neither of them seemed to care about. Buffy realized first, and watching him again wondering what had happened, she quickly jumped off and went to her room, without saying a word.
She came out after few minutes in fighting outfit, holding a stake.
“ I’m going to patrol, stay here, ok?” she informed him, opening the door.
“ Like I could go anywhere else”, he muttered before she closed it.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“ Spike, what a night! I staked fiv..” she exclaimed, coming back far into the night.
She didn’t even finished her sentence, falling silent, ‘cos she found him deeply asleep.
At the beginning, she smiled amused.
< A vampire sleeping during the night, does it exist anything more paradoxical? >

But suddenly her smile faded out.. was it pity what she was feeling for him?

< No wonder if he’s sleeping, I think it’s the only thing he can do to spend the time alone. It must be so boring doing nothing all the time along. Neither my worst enemy deserves that. I should do something..> but a yawn interrupted her thoughts.
< ..anyway I’ll think about tomorrow! > she made a note of it in her mind, before going sleeping to her bed.

TBC