Author's Chapter Notes:
Warning:CHARACTER DEATH BIG TIME!!
rated PG-15 for violence
Summary:Buffy's out for revenge. Based on Side of a Bullet my nickelback. that is really all that I can say before I give too much away, you'll just have to trust me

A/N: I kow I haven't updated my other fic, but I am really stuck on that one.. Anyone have any ideas let me know.. Well this one I have to say is not a fluffy spuffy lov'n story.. sorry guys, this one is realy dark. I hope you like it.. I no nothing of guns so bear with me here

Rating PG-15 for violence

Disclaimer: I own nothing... it is not mine... I wish to god it was.. or atleast spike was mine, but once again i notice the sukiness of my life when I see a cardboard spike and no the real one.

Side of a Bullet

Chapter 1: .44

‘I hate him. How could he do this to me? What the fuck is wrong with him? What did I ever do to him? Why did he go? I hate him.’

Buffy was mad. That much anyone could tell. She was walking down Main Street with a boat load of cash and on her way to Sunnydale’s Arms Shop.

‘I hate him. He’ll get what is coming to him if it’s the last thing I do.’

She walked in the store and went directly to the first sales associate she saw.

“I need a .44. I don’t care what it looks like”

The man looked at her funny, thinking that a cheerleader look-a-like like her shouldn’t be getting any type of fire power. But he dismissed his thoughts. ‘Well it is more business than I’ve had all week, so why not.’ “Sure sweetheart, right this way.” He brought her to the glass case in front of the register and pulled out a shiny silver one.

“Here you go. This is our top quality .44. You get a free box of bullets. What do you think?”

Buffy stared at the gun. ‘Can I do this? Will I be able to pull the trigger?’ Then she remembered what he did. ‘Yes, I can do it. He killed him. He will pay and I will watch him suffer.’

She looked at the hand gun again, then back at the man. “I’ll take it.”

“Good, good.” He walked behind the register and rang it up. “Now you know that you have to get this registered, right? I can do that here if you’d like. It would just be $30 more.”

“Please, do it.” He did.

“The total is $178.74. How would you like to pay for it?”

“Cash.” Buffy gave him the money and the man ked her to the back of the room.

“Before I forget, you are required to shoot a few clips for practice at aiming.” He watched as she hit the paper man in between the eyes each time with such precision that it only made one hole throughout the practice. When she fired almost two clips, she put the gun down and turned around. The hatred that was running through her veins made her pick up the gun, turn around, and shoot the paper man directly where the heart would be.

‘Damn that girl is looking to kill.’

“You’re a natural. Good job. I hope you like the gun.”

Buffy nodded at him and in a trace-like state walked out of the store.


Flashback to the day before

“You are not worthy. You don’t deserve to live. She needs more in her life. You should just leave. You will never be able to measure up to anything. You will get her killed.”

This was the last thing he heard before he killed himself.

‘I will make him pay for causing his death. He meant everything to me. He was my world.’ She felt the tears start to trickle down her cheeks and quickly wiped them away.

‘I have to be strong. For him. I have to avenge him.’ She walked back to her house and down into her basement, where the killer awaited his death.

“Hello Xander.”

Flashback

Xander walked quietly into the building where he knew the man in it was fast asleep. He had his weapon of choice in his hand, not that he would use it, but he knew of someone else that would do his job for him.

“Buffy, please, don’t do this, you don’t want to do this.” He was in bad shape. He head had a large gash on it. It ran from his left eye down along his cheek and ended right below his mouth on the same side. It was leaking blood and it fell from his chin onto his crisp, white shirt. His white shirt wasn’t in its best condition either. It was torn and only had a few pieces still together. His chest was red; a mix of harsh beatings and his own blood.

“Buffy I begging you, please, don’t do this. Look at yourself, look at me, you don’t want to do this.”

“I DON’T WANT TO DO THIS? I DON’T WANT TO DO THIS! Are you fucking crazy? Of course I want to do this. I want to kill the thing responsible for his death. And guess what Xander you’re the lucky guy. You just had to kill him didn’t you? Well, now it’s your turn. You will pay for his death with your life. I loved him and you took him away from me. I will make sure you die the slowest way possible. Congratulations, Xander, you got what you wanted. You are responsible for his death. You killed Spike.”

Flashback

“Oh Spikey. Where are you? Come out come out where ever you are,” Xander called from the top floor of spike’s crypt. “Come on Spikey, I have a big surprise for you.” Xander raised up his stake, but it wasn’t in fighting position, just lying in his hand as if it was an offering.

Spike dragged himself up the stairs, irritated that he was awoken so early in his day.

“Oi, Whelp, why don’t you stop by later and annoy me, it is way too early for me.”

Xander gave a little chuckle. “Oh Spike always with the humor. You know what? I’m really going to miss that nickname you have for me… Whelp… Whelp…Hmmm… it kinda sticks to me, don’t you think?”

Spike just gave him a weird look and went to his fridge and pulled out some blood. He put it in the microwave and stepped back.

“That’s right; drink your blood, fang face. You never know when it will be your last.

"Oh yes, Xander, you will pay," Buffy said as she left the room.