Author's Chapter Notes:
Some of you may have seen this fic before, i lost all my fics but yay found them!!
The rounded the corner, looking out for the demon. Riley’s head shot up as he heard a rustle in the distance.

"What are you doing here Spike?" Riley looked menacingly holding a crossbow.

"Oh, there’s a nice lady vampire. Who set up a charming tea-room over by the next pile of crap… He looked at Riley’s now creased frown.

"…What, do you think I’m doing? I’m scavenging," he lifted up his hand to show off his new acquisition.

"Very Pretty," Willow smiled as she looked at the glass lamp. Giles sighed, they we’re getting no where in finding this demon.

"Spike, we’re looking for a demon. Tall, Robed, skin sort of hanging off, deep voice," He waved his hand trying to re create the face he had seen earlier.

"You mean, a great tall robey thing, like that one," Spike pointed, the scoobie’s following his gaze behind them.

"Take Cover," Riley bellowed, as he jumped over to the far left. The demon raised his staff, letting out a stream of light. Willow was thrown as the light missed her and hit the garbage.

"Big Guy, kick her ass," Spike bellowed, as the demon repositioned and raised his staff once more.

The ray of light headed straight for the slayer as she jumped out of the way, hitting Spike’s lamp.

"Oh very nice, I was on your side," He threw the broken lamp in disgust. Buffy looked into the demons eyes being pulled in by some thrall; the demon raised his staff, as the light shot out.

Spike watched as Buffy stood there, he groaned and run pulled by some Un-known force and knocked her out of the way.

The ray of light shot deep in Spike’s chest knocking him backward into the garbage.

"He’s gone," Willow whispered as Buffy checked everyone was okay.

Giles looked over to where Spike was hit; he stirred as Buffy pulled him up.

"Giles, you go and check the area with Riley. I’ll take Spike home," Spike lifted his head, as Riley stood his ground.

"Buffy, I don’t think…" Buffy held up her hand.

"Riley, It’s fine and then this way I can do a quick patrol," She smiled sweetly and proceeded to take the blond vamp home.

Buffy dumped Spike on his chair, his right leg hanging over the arm. She sighed and walked out of his crypt.
She had dusted two vamps, when she turned her head to see Spike cautiously walking through the cemetery.

"What did I tell you?"

"Pardon, Do I know you madam?" Buffy laughed at his words.

"Why are you talking like that?"

His whole posture seemed to be wrong, as he stepped back. He stumbled backward falling over a gravestone.

"I seem to have fallen,"

Buffy looked at him peculiarly. She shrugged and walked past him.

He turned his head, confused with the young girl who walked past.

"Excuse me, but could you perhaps tell me where I am," Buffy turned around to face him. His blue eyes were boring into hers.

"Spike, why do you keep talking like that? I think you hurt yourself more than you care to admit," She leant down and grabbed his shoulder to pick him up.


Spike woke up groggily from his chair; he yawned as he stumbled past the interior of his crypt.
He reached the lower level and with a sigh, he flung on his bed.



Her arm fell to rest on his waist; he gasped, as her warm hands felt almost familiar.

" So pray tell, where am I?"

He looked at her questionably. Buffy raised her eyebrows. This was getting a bit tiresome, he seemed different but that could just be a plause to try and kill her.

" You are in Sunnydale, Look I don’t appreciate you messing with me. So why don’t I get you back to your crypt?"

He stopped, and turned to look at her. Buffy felt shivers go up her spine, there was certainly something wrong.

"Sunnydale, Is that far from London? And how did I get here? What happened to my mother?"

He looked at her worry etched on his face.

"She is very sick, and I cant leave her for lengths at a time," His hands shook.

Buffy’s eyes widened Oh god he would never mention his mother. She definitely had to get him home, she picked up the pace dragging a reluctant black leather clad vampire with her.

Opening the door to his crypt, it seemed different like someone was already here. She motioned him to stay and moved further into the room.

"I do believe it should be I who worries over your welfare," he whispered. She turned and smiled slightly holding a stake.

She moved to the lower level, the dim lighting causing shadows on the wall. She spotted a figure on his bed as she edged closer.

The black clad figure murmured shifting his weight on the bed, Stake poised Buffy moved forward. Her hand reached forward, her heart banging in her chest.

She didn’t have to turn the figure over, as he turned Buffy’s gasp was caught in her throat. On the bed was Spike, His fangs showing she listened closer. He was growling in his sleep, she let out a whispered giggle.

She stood back, when she heard footsteps upstairs. Shocked and slightly confused she wandered back upstairs.

There sitting in the chair was Spike, she shook her head. He smiled as she ventured forward.

"Ok we have a problem, I would like to know how you got here?"

He looked up confused, standing out of the chair.

"Well, I don’t recall, I remember walking through the alley. I was quite upset and I was cornered by a lady,"

He rubbed his forehead in agitation.

"Can I ask what your name is?"

Buffy felt a sickening feeling in the pit of her stomach.

"Yes of course, my name is William," He smiled.

Thoughts whirled around Buffy’s head, she had to get to Giles.

"William, we need to go and see my friend. He may be able to help us," She urged him to the door.

"Can you just wait here, I want to double check downstairs," He nodded curtly, and opened the door.

Buffy waited to make sure he wouldn’t walk back in and again climbed down to the lower level.

Making sure Spike was asleep; she reached the side of the bed. His demon visage still evident on his face. She listened as she neared closer, he was growling softly.

"I don’t know what you’ve done Spike, but you’re not going to get away with it," She whispered as she climbed back up the stairs.

Giles poured the steaming hot water, as he took a sip a loud knock was heard on the door.

"Giles," Buffy shouted.

"I’m here Buffy, and really there is no need to wake the dead," he walked to the couch.

"Well that’s a difference of opinion," Confused, Giles walked to the couch.

Noticing Spike waiting in the doorway, he frowned he didn’t have his usual cockiness.

"So what do you I owe this pleasure?" Buffy rolled her eyes as she pulled William through to the living room.

"Ok tell him you’re name," William looked at her, for some reason he felt like he could trust her.

"But, I need to be formally introduced,"
William flustered, this was not the correct way for introductions.

"William Thornton, It’s a pleasure to meet you," William held out his hand.

Giles looked down at the hand, and then looked back up at Spike. His accent sounded wrong, no longer was it north London but it held an air aristocracy.
Giles held out his hand,

" Rupert Giles, and likewise" William smiled and took his in a firm grip.

"Would you like some tea William?" Giles motioned to the teapot.

" I could murder some," Giles and Buffy both turned and looked at William.

He moved and sat on the couch, his hands tapping on his knees. Buffy followed Giles into the kitchen.

"What happened?" Giles whispered.

"I really don’t know I found him wandering the cemetery, the really weird thing is Spike’s back at the crypt,"

Giles removed his glasses, and he rubbed the bridge of his nose.

"Spike’s at the crypt… how could he be? Maybe it was an impostor to try and kill you, we are not safe here,"

Giles rambled as he watched William now leafing through the magazines on the table.

"Giles, you’re rambling. And anyway he had plenty of chance to kill me tonight, no I think we need to find out a bit more out of William The Bloody,"

Buffy tapped her fingers on the counter, as she looked over at "William" it was very hard to see him as another person except the vampire that was spurned to kill her.

She caught his gaze as he looked up, if she knew what Spike was like before he was turned then maybe she could understand.

Giles picked up the tray, and placed it on the coffee table. He poured a cup and handed it to William.

"William, I was wondering if you would enlighten us,"

He smiled as William took the cup from his grasp.

"Of course Rupert," He gazed at Buffy causing her to blush.

"Would you tell me, what your life in London is like?"

William smiled warmly and set his cup back on the table.

"…I remember walking down that alleyway, ripping the very poem that I wrote for her. I saw a beautiful lady dark hair; she spoke to me ever so softly. I don’t remember anything else after that,"


Giles and Buffy listened to his life story, how became a poet and looked after his mother. He was an outcast in society; many aristocrats made fun of his poetry.

He leaned back in his chair, as he re told Cecily’s rejection. He closed his eyes, not wanting his audience to see his tears.

Buffy stood up and wandered to the bathroom, her mind spinning as he told the story. She closed the door to the bathroom, and leaned against it.

She needed to find Willow; she could research why he had changed.
Wait didn’t Spike get struck by the demon?

She opened the door swiftly, and rushed back into the living room, she aprubtly stopped before William’s chair.

His head rested on his shoulder, his arms crossed over his chest. Buffy smiled and picked up the blanket that was draped over the couch, she placed it around him as he snuggled further into the blanket.

Buffy yawned as she sat back on the couch watching him; his thumb rubbed his nose. She stifled a giggle, as she settled further into the couch.

Wondering where Giles was, her last thought was how cute William looked when he was asleep.


Spike awoke from his slumber and stretched, he licked his lips and cut his tongue on his fangs.

Wait fangs? They were never visible when he woke up. He leaned up from his bed, and realised he was till dressed. Which was really odd, as she liked to sleep nude. His nostrils flared as the scent surrounded him. His eyes flashed yellow.

"Bitch" He growled as he shot up and stormed down the sewer tunnel.

Buffy woke up to the smell of coffee, noticing the stream of light that now entered the windows. Buffy yawned and threw back the blanket. She stood up and quickly closed the curtains, and moved to the kitchen.
Giles stood there making breakfast, his glasses perched on top of his forehead. Buffy grinned in all the years she had known him, his glasses we’re always on his nose.


She coughed slightly making him jump; he turned around and gave her a stern look.


"Hey Giles, What’s cooking?"


"Breakfast," he pointed to the pan on the stove.

"Always, cryptic guy. Where is William?"

She stepped around the counter, and poured a cup of coffee.

"William is in the bathroom, I have also rung Willow and asked her to come over," Buffy nodded as she sipped her coffee.

"Rupert, could you possibly pass me something to dry with?"

William’s bellow came from the bathroom.
Giles looked up, flustering he walked away from the stove only to walk back.

"Buffy, could you pass him a towel," He turned back to flip the eggs. Buffy sighed and reached for a towel, she rapped lightly on the door.


"Come in," came the reply.

Buffy walked in and stood transfixed at the site, William leant back in the bath his eyes closed. Water lapped along his thighs, his chest risen up from the water, while the shock of blond hair was now dripping wet.

He opened his eyes and looked towards the door, seeing Buffy standing there his eyes widened. He sat up quickly, splashing the water over the side.

"Oh Dear God," the water continued to lap across his skin, Buffy couldn’t move if she wanted to. She heard the front door open, the blush slowly creeping up her neck.

"I’m sorry," She threw the towel down on the floor and ran out of the bathroom.

She closed the bathroom door behind her, and leaned against it. She brushed her hair back with her hand, and slowly exhaled.

Voices sounded from the doorway, she picked up her bearings and slowly stumbled towards them. Willow was the first one to notice her blush; she sat on the chair.

"Okay, what’s the scoop?"

She put the box of donughts on the table and sat back.


Buffy and Giles proceeded on re telling the events of last night; Willow had backed against the door, when William had finally emerged from the bathroom.


Giles patience was wearing thin, when Xander, Anya and Riley arrived. The had decided to go into full research mode, trying to locate the demon. A loud bang was heard outside when, Buffy stood up and opened the door. She leaned forward and was grasped under a dark blanket.


"Slayer, what we’re you doing in my crypt?"

Her eyes narrowed as Spike looked at her, his human visage now showing. She grabbed him by the collar and pulled him into Giles’s apartment.


Spike shrugged off his blanket, as the smoke dissipated from his frame. He looked at the familiar bunch of people he loved to hate; he looked at the other person that was sat on the farthest end of the couch.

His eyebrows furrowed in confusion; there was something very familiar about that person.

"Cool hair," He reached into his pocket, to retrieve his cigarettes.


"Sir do I know you, you look awfully familiar?"

William stood up and extended his hand. Spike just looked at it and then lit his cigarette. He waved his hand, and looked at the group.

"What, are you all bloody looking at?"

Spike sat down with one leg resting on the arm of the chair.

"Interesting, very bizarre," Giles took off his glasses for the third time that morning.


"You really, do not recognise this man?"

He just shrugged and pulled on his cigarette, letting out a mouthful of smoke.

Buffy slapped Spike, across the back of his head. He growled as Riley stood up.

"Sit bloody down, Captain Crapshag like I could really hit her back,"

His eyes darted over to Willow who had now covered her mouth to stifle a giggle.

He walked over to William, and stared closely. Recognition finally dawned, as he stumbled back knocking Anya on the floor.

"Hey, if you wanted a seat all you needed to do was ask," Anya blurted as she rubbed her behind.


"Ok Anya, Willow, Xander go and open the Magic Shop, and we will meet you there later,"

The three Soobies reluctantly stood up and moved towards the door.

"Riley, maybe you could meet me later for patrol?"

Buffy walked him to the door.

"But Buffy…"

Giles stood up, as Riley continued to argue the fact he was asked to leave. Giles pulled Buffy’s arm away so he could get in between them.

"Riley, we need to be able to find out why this has happened to Spike. Now you seem to aggravate him somewhat, so I think it’s best you leave for the moment,"

Riley looked towards the two Spikes’ and noticed one of the them grinning widely; he grabbed Buffy and kissed her hard.

Spike turned away in disgust, it was one thing to know they did that but to actually see it.

She broke off and ushered him towards the door; she closed it with a smile on her face and turned to face her audience. Her smile dissipated as she locked gazes with William.

"Quite, Shall we begin," Giles broke the silence and grabbed a pen.

Spike watched as Buffy listened, he hated the fact that she would know everything about his life before he was turned.

As she excused herself, as he watched her walk away. William leaned over and whispered.

"She is very beautiful, she is…effulgent," Spike looked at him, he rolled his eyes.

"Shut up, you poof " he muttered his reply. His hands rested on his belt as he sat back.

Spike closed his eyes; this was getting too close for comfort. He needed to get out of this house, being this close to the slayer was setting his teeth on edge.

He stood up and inhaled, he walked towards the door and looked back as Giles came down the stairs carrying a book.

"Spike, where are you going?" he raised his scarred eyebrow.

"Look I’ve answered your bloody questions, and listened to poofter over there. I need a drink, I’ll be back later," he sighed and walked out into the night.



Spike grabbed the bottle of scotch; he filled the tumbler to the brim. The amber liquid slid down his throat, dulling his senses.

This was crazy, something happened to make his former self appear. They would know what happened that night, his rejection took him to a new place.

A place where no one could hurt him, everyone would fear him. And he would never look back.


Giles sat on the chair across from William; Buffy stood up her hands on her hips. She stomped her foot on the ground in annoyance.


"This is stupid, it’s been 3 hours already. I need to patrol I promised Riley,"

"No. you go and patrol, I will take William to the Magic Shop . See is Willow has found anything," Giles stood up and picked up the phone.


Buffy nodded and walked to the weapons chest, she lifted the lid and peered inside.


"Buffy, I know you are a vigilante of some sort. But are these weapons necessary?" Buffy lifted her head as he spoke.


"Oh god" she thought. "How the hell do I explain this one?" She walked back towards the couch and sat next to him.

"William, you are going to find this odd. The thing is I’m a slayer, I fight evil," She waited with bated breath, expecting him to deny or scream.

William looked at her thoughtfully; he listened as she explained herself. He knew there was something different about her, she carried an air of leadership like she had been a lot to deal with.

"I’ve heard of slayer’s, they’re like demon hunters…the fight against evil. Buffy you are a remarkable woman," She grinned and breathed a sigh of relief.

"Okay, I’m going to patrol with Riley and I will meet you back at the Magic Shop,"

Giles nodded as he finished his call, she picked up the stakes and walked out of the door, turning back to wave at William.

Buffy strode through the cemetery, stake twirling in her hand. She was to meet Riley at the Albert Mausoleum.
The walk to meet him was slow; her thoughts kept flitting back to William.


William sat at the table and picked up a book, he felt he needed to help this group of people.

He leafed through, when he howled at the pain in his arm. He turned around to see Anya retract her arm.
"Madam, can I kindly ask you not to manhandle me," William stared at her in disgust.

"Geez, I just wanted to see if you we’re real. You look so much like him," She across the table to see Willow shake her head.

"Oh my god, I think I found it," Willow jumped as flicked the page. Everyone had looked up at her shout; Giles grabbed the book from her hands.


"Excellent, William I do believe we have found out why you are here," Giles looked up from the book a wide smile on his face.

William felt slightly relieved, that they had a found out why he was here. But would that mean he wouldn’t see Buffy.


Spike had decided he had enough, picking up his change from the counter. He stumbled off his tool and grabbed a bottle of beer, before heading out of the bar.

He walked for what seemed like forever, he came across the alleyway in the back of the Magic Shop. He tried the door success it was open, he calmly walked through.


Finding himself in the training room, he thought it might be an idea to work out. He took off his duster, and removed his upper clothing.

Buffy walked through the streets of Sunnydale, heading towards the Magic Shop. She stopped as she neared the door, this was all Spike’s fault if he wasn’t there she wouldn’t have had a fight with Riley.

"Your head is not on the mission" Riley stopped in front of her blocking her path.

Buffy looked up from his chest; her eyes furrowed in annoyance her smile shifting.

"Mission, we are not in the army Riley," She stood, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I know it’s not a mission, bad habits die hard. But it feels like your not with me tonight," he sulked.

"I know, it’s just I have a lot on at the moment what with college, problems with Spike,"

Riley sighed as he stomped harder than necessary, he held her by her arms.

"He’s not your problem, Let Giles deal with it. While he is like this he’s not a threat,"

"I know he’s not a threat, but William he’s different," Buffy watched his emotions play on his face, she knew Riley well enough to know he was pissed.

" Do you have feelings for hostile 17?" Buffy opened her mouth to say something, but no words would come out. He stared at her incredulously she didn’t even deny it.

Riley couldn’t take anymore; he turned on his hell and strode away. Buffy let out a heavy sigh, her eyes closing as he heard the grass crunch beneath his feet.

"Riley…Riley," As she shouted, he never looked back.
Her shoulders slumped, she continued through the cemetery. Her thoughts were not focusing on Riley but on William.

She walked through the alleyway to the door that led to the training room. She watched as Spike trained, his muscles flexing under his skin as he threw punches.


Buffy had to grab hold of the doorframe, as her heart started to beat fast. He threw a series of kicks and punches; sweat glistened on his back. The moonlight cast dancing shadows across the training room floor.
He turned around, and was caught in the gaze of the slayer, his head tilted to the side.

"Like what you see slayer?" He clicked his tongue against his teeth.

"Shut up Spike, get dressed," She raised her head as she strode to the door that led into the shop.

Spike chuckled as he picked up his T-shirt; She could only fight it for so long.



"So, that’s what we have to do. Only problem we haven’t got the rat’s tails in someone forgot to order them," Willow looked annoyingly at Anya.


"Hey, I was counting money. I thought Giles was gonna order he is the boss after all," Anya slumped on the chair.

"Ok, enough so how long is it going to take?" Buffy raised her eyebrows hoping this was going to be a quick answer.

"Ah, that’s we’re there’s a problem…it’s going to be a week," Willow looked expectantly at Buffy.

"A week, Oh this is so crazy. I.. what do you expect me to do for a week," Buffy threw her hands in the air.
"Babysit," Anya meekly replied.

William stood up and sighed, he looked towards the group.

"I am more than capable of looking after myself, I mean can’t be much different from London,"

Buffy sighed as Giles threw his hands up in indignation.

"Look William, you can stay at my house I’ll square it with my mom," She reached for the phone.

"Buffy don’t forget, your mom has met uh. Spike," Willow spoke up, and tucked a stray strand of hair behind her ear.

Buffy stamped her foot on the ground, and blew out a needed breath. She paced the floor, as she tried to think.

"Buffy, I could stay at Tara’s. For the time being until the spell is ready,"


They had to convince William of the idea, even though he was against sharing a room with a woman. Buffy laughed at the prospect, but quickly stopped when she caught his hurt look.

Buffy and William had settled fairly well, into their short dorm life. She listened till the early hours as he re told events of his life.

Buffy had the hard task of explaining why Spike was well Spike; he listened as she told the story of Angelus, Dru and Darla. It was a lot for him to take in, and when the tears fell she held him.

His sobs had subsided, as she laid him back down on the bed. She brushed away a stray blond curl from his face. Without a second thought she reached down and placed a kiss on his forehead.


She crawled into the bed, as she turned the light off she looked at William who was now curled up against her body. His arms instinctively wrapped around her waist. Soon it would be time for him to go, but truth be told she wasn’t looking forward to him going.


Giles busied himself with the orders in the cash register; he didn’t hear the back door open.
"Spike, what a displeasure," He carried on with his work.

"Watcher, piss off I need some burba weed," Spike spat and sat on the stairwell that led to the balcony.

Giles looked up and reached for the jar, picking out three sticks he placed them in a bag and handed it to Spike. In return he threw the money on the counter and strode out of the shop.

"Bloody watcher and his slayer, I hate that bitch" he thought. He continued through the sewers till he reached his crypt.

As he sat there he wondered what William was doing, if he really admitted it a part of him was missing. He sighed as he drained the cup.

"Hello," Buffy sung into the receiver.
"Buffy, it’s Willow it’s time,"

Buffy’s smile slowly slipped from her face as she looked at William.

"Ok Will, we’ll be there," Buffy replaced the receiver before Willow had a chance to say goodbye.

She sat on the edge of her bed and stared into space, William sensing her distress knelt before her.

"Buffy, what ever is the matter. You seem most distressed,"

She placed a hand on his cheek and smiled, she stood up and walked to the window. She folded her arms cross her chest, feeling a breeze she shivered.

"William, The spell is ready," Those four words crushed Williams heart he had grown to love this woman in the short space of time.

Buffy was mirroring his emotion; she had feelings for William. She never thought this was what Spike was like before he was turned, She understood why Spike was Spike. Having to deal with that much pain at one time, she sighed as she touched his shoulder.

Giles drew the pentagram on the floor, and placed the candles at all five points. Spike sauntered through the door carrying a box of Buffalo wings.

"Evening," he waved as Xander licked his lips feeling very hungry.


"Can I have a few minutes with William," Buffy grabbed William’s hand and led him to the front of the shop.

"I just want to tell you, I think you’re an amazing man and I won’t forget you," A silent tear escaped and slowly ran down her cheek.

William reached and rubbed his thumb against the tear, he pressed his forehead against hers.

"I’ll still be here," he placed his hand on his chest. She smiled slightly and reached forward to kiss him on the lips.

Spike’s eyes widened, as he heard the conversation. Damn his vampire hearing The Slayer was in love with his William counterpart. He smiled as he waited maybe this was his chance to finally kill her.

The voice whispered in his head, and surrounded his whole being.

"You love the slayer," He stopped abruptly and looked around the room, this was the only way that explained why he spent so much time planning her demise.

Buffy stood and waited vaguely listening to Willow chant, keeping her eyes locked on William. He stared at her those blue eyes piercing through her very being.

A flash surrounded the shop, as everyone shielded themselves over the bright light. Buffy knew the minute he left. A great sense of loss left her, she raced out of the Magic Shop.

"Well Spike, matter resolved," Giles re arrange his glasses on the bridge of his nose.

With a snort Spike turned and stomped out of the shop, Willow looked at the pentagram on the floor and sighed.

"That’s gratitude for you, Who’s gonna clean this mess up?" Anya walked to fetch the broom and passed it to Xander.

Spike walked through the cemetery, and sensed the slayer was close. He neared the tree, as saw her knelt on her knees silently crying.


Buffy couldn’t keep it in any longer, as soon as she left the Magic Shop the tears fell.

How could she have been in love with someone who would turn into one of the things she had grown to hate?

She fell onto her knees and wept, she wept for William the sweet and sensitive soul. She also wept for life he would’ve taken after that fateful night of rejection.

Buffy felt strong arms surround her, she could smell the familiar smell of Whiskey and cigarettes.

As she looked up, she looked into those deep blue eyes. The look he gave her was totally William, there was no malice showing behind those depths.


He leaned closer and kissed her lips, soft caresses that made her spine tingle.

She leaned in closer her hands instinctively moving towards his neck, she groaned into his mouth as he pressed firmly against her.

Spike had a thousand thoughts fly through his head, Why was he kissing the slayer? And why does it feel so natural?

They continued to kiss, as the tall figure of Riley watched them in the distance.