Author's Chapter Notes:
This story is dedicated to James' Platinum Pet, and to Cutegurl, for their kind words about my fic!
The Map By LoobyLoo

Third story in the ‘Further Adventures of’ series
Pairings Buffy and Spike, Willow and Sam –
Rating eventually NC17
Disclaimer: This is just for fun, I own nothing and no characters, I just use them for my own selfish needs.




Chapter 1 - Homecoming

Sam paced the tiny arrivals lounge at Cornwall’s airport. It may only have one runway, but it was good enough to be bringing ‘his baby’ back to him, from Heathrow anyway – Where Willow had originally landed the day before from America.

Looking out Sam saw the plane come into land, and knew that Willow didn’t have any heavy luggage, that had been sent on to Oxford for Giles to look after until Willow got herself sorted out at the university in Exeter.

No customs to clear either, that meant she’d be off the plane any minute now it had stopped…THERE SHE WAS!

Grinning like an idiot, he waited at the barrier, Willow’s step quickened as soon as she saw the tiny terminal building – craning her neck to see if she could see…

At 10 yards from him she dropped her flight-bag and ran into Sam’s wide open arms, giggling he picked her up and swung her around, before giving her a huge kiss! People around them were smiling – the couple obviously in love and having missed each other.

“Oh god I missed you! I missed you so MUCH!”

“I know baby, I thought I’d go mad with not seeing you”

Willow gave him a big squeeze and another kiss

“Did the presents come, and my one case? I Fed-Ex’ed them hoping they’d be here on time!”

“They did, and they’re in the back of the van – now, come on Kitten, let’s get you home – to Buffy and Spike’s.”

***************

“……………We can then take the children out and do some shopping” Buffy said, flicking her duster over the small hall table. Spike looked puzzled

“Why, they’ll be another hour yet, and that’s only if the traffic’s clear around the by-pass – so why can’t we go now?” Spike reasoned Buffy rolled her eyes

“Because!”

“Because why?”

“Because, they’ll want a little time to themselves, you know to...well do what comes naturally – they haven’t seen each other for nearly seven weeks!”

Spike grinned

“Well, a few more hours won’t hurt them then – Izzie won’t forgive you to see her favourite aunty for just half an hour, then to whisk her off shopping you know! Let them wait!”

“Let them wait? – Am I hearing right, ‘let them wait’? – This (Buffy prodded Spike in the tummy) is coming from the man who after being away from me overnight at a book signing in London, actually pouted – POUTED like a spoilt child because the morning you got back we couldn’t ‘do anything’ as you put it, because I’d kept Izzie off from playschool with a cold – that was one night! We’re talking about seven weeks of no nookie for them!”

They were both grinning now

“That was different!”

“Oh get away with you! Different” Izzie wandered in from the garden

“Mommy”

“Yes baby?”

“What time does aunty Willow get here?”

“About lunch time”

“Aren’t you glad we only told her this morning that aunty Willow was coming back!”

“Dad…can you look at my homework now please, I’ve finished it” Billy called downstairs

“Okay son, be there I a minute. Is the room already for them, pet?”

“Yes it is, so no going in and moving things!”

“As if!”

“Or making ‘apple-pie beds’ or whatever!”

“Spoilsport!”

“I’ll spoilsport you in a minute…might make YOU wait seven weeks…” Buffy said with a grin

As Spike went up the stairs he scoffed

“Yeah, right, as if!”

****************************



“Aunty Willow – Aunty Willow – look what I drawed for you – it’s a picture of you coming here on the airplane!” Izzie ran down the path, carrying her wax-crayoned picture, and Willow picked her up and planted a smacker of a kiss on Izzie’s cheek

“Hello Izzie, my I swear you’ve grown! You drew that for me – wow, aren’t you a clever girl!”

When she got into the house everybody else greeted her with hugs and kisses, Spike put the kettle on.

After tea Buffy told Izzie and Billy to get into the car

“Where are we going mommy?” Izzie asked

Buffy whispered into Izzie ear and she hared straight off to the car

“Well that was easy, whaddya say to her?” Spike asked, impressed

“I told her we were getting aunty Willow a surprise”

“Which is?”

“Well, that’s for you to think of, I can’t think of everything!”

“Oh thanks…come on then Billy” Billy made his way out too, and Spike turned to Sam and Willow and said,

“ Okay now listen you two, be good, we’ll be gone about two hours, behave while were out, and don’t do anything we wouldn’t do!” with a wink he left the two of them giggling and they’d gone red too!

Buffy laughing hustled Spike out of the front door.

************************


Sam propped his head up and looked down into the face of his ladylove.

“It was very good of them to make themselves scarce, wasn’t it!”

Willow smiled a lazy smile and pulled Sam down for another kiss

“It sure was…how long have we got before they get back?”

“Spike’ll give us two rings when they get to Lower Nether…but we’ve got another hour yet…why?”

“Because…” Willow’s hands hadn’t been idle, and she pushed him onto his back.

Smiling at her, Sam let Willow dictate the pace this time………


**************

“Okay then Iz, what’s this surprise we’re going to get for aunty Willow?” Spike asked his daughter as they waited at the T-junction

“New knickers” Izzie said

“New knickers – we can’t buy aunty Willow new knickers!

“Not for aunty Willow, for me, these have got a hole in them!”

“Oh I see. But that’s hardly a surprise for her, is it?”

Izzie thought hard for a minute and then said

“Ice cream?”

“Hmm…how about a new lampshade for the bedroom, the other one is all lop-sided and coming apart?” Spike suggested

“Yeah!”

“Good, that’s settled then…anything you want to buy love?”

“Apparently, new knickers for Izzie!” Buffy said frowning, and then she added

“I don’t know what you keep doing to your underwear Izzie…I suppose it’s all the sitting on the floor you do – well you need more, I’m down to your last dozen pairs!

“Okay then, I’ll park in the mall car park”


**************************


“I said I’d give them two rings when we got to Lower Nether” Spike whispered to Buffy,

Buffy nodded and took Spike’s mobile phone.

They finished their coffees and the children finished their milkshakes and they left the café. Buffy had bought Izzie some new knickers, Billy some socks and they’d bought the lampshade for the bedroom. Billy had, not surprisingly had bought a book.

***************************


“That’s the signal, time to get up!”

“I’ll jump in the shower” Willow said

“Help me tidy the bed first, and I can start unpacking things for you” Sam said

“Okay, are the presents still in the van?”

“Yes, do you want me to bring them in?”

“No, not yet, not until they’re back”

*******************


“………And some new knickers, coz these have a hole in them, look!”

“Izzie! Don’t show me up!” Buffy laughed at her daughter

“Do you like the lampshade?”

“Oh yes poppet, it’s very nice, my favourite shade of pink too!” Willow tousled Izzie’s mop of long curls.

“Right then…is everybody comfortable?” Willow asked and the children nodded seriously

“Okay then Sam, you can bring in the presents now”

“Presents mommy! We’ve got presents!” Izzie got excited

“Calm down honey!”

Sam bought in the box, and Willow opened it, with the help of Sam’s car-keys and the children pulling at the strong tape.

“There now, let me see…that ones for mom – her you go Buffy”

Buffy opened a three-pack of ‘Hudsucker’s Original’ chocolate sauce, her very favourite from America, something she couldn’t get unless she went to London – and she missed it!

“Oh wow, and I wish to state here and now, this isn’t going to be shared – it’s ALL mine!!!

“Where are we…ah, this ones for dad…there you go Spike”

Willow handed Spike a bottle of 40-year-old Irish whiskey

“Ooh thanks! Er, can I just repeat what the Mrs just said, about not sharing!”

“Whose next?”

“Me – me!” Little Izzie piped up

Laughing Willow dipped into the box again

“What have we here, hmm – there, there’s that one…open it”

Izzie pulled off the paper and found a beautiful rag doll, in her favourite book character, Princess Twinkletoes

“Oh mommy look! Princess Twinkletoes!”

“Where on earth did you find that – I thought it wasn’t made?” Buffy asked admiring the doll

“Ah, got it made especially, and there you go honey, the latest, not available over here yet until next year!”

Willow handed Izzie three wrapped books, Princess Twinkletoes and the Friendly Dragon, Princess Twinkletoes goes shopping, and Princess Twinkletoes and the Enchanted Garden

“Hey Will, spot on – aren’t you a lucky little girl hmm? – What do you say to your aunty?” Spike encouraged

“Thankyou aunty Willow, it’s the bestest presents ever!”

Laughing Willow kissed Izzie and then winked at Billy

“Hmm…wonder if there’s something in here for you………ah yes – here you go!”

Billy carefully took the big brown paper wrapped box off Willow, it was quite heavy, saying ‘Thankyou’, and he sat back and opened it carefully.

The box said: ‘Young Explorer’s Kit’

“Oh wow! Look dad, mom!” Billy took off the lid and was overjoyed to see a small microscope, with spare glass slides, a telescope, a large magnifying glass, a notebook and a book on everything from seeds and insects to fossils and rocks, to maps of the stars and planets – everything a young lad could possibly want to study with his new equipment.

“Got to hand it to you Red, you really thought about that one – he’s been hankering after a telescope and he’s always looking at something under the tiny little magnifying glass we’ve got!”

“This is brilliant Aunty, thankyou so much!” Billy gave his aunty a hug

“Come on then folks, let’s get all this paper thrown into the box and tidy up, then we can have something to eat” Buffy announced

“Hold on…what’s this aunty Willow?”

“What’s what, sweetie?”

Billy lent into the box and bought out a scroll

“This?” Willow frowned

“I have no idea…let’s look” Billy handed her the bulky roll and checking that there was nothing else in the box, he began to fill it with the discarded wrapping paper.

“What is it, love?” Sam asked

“Some sort of ancient map – look”

Willow spread it out on the table

“It looks very old – where did it come from do you think?”

“I have absolutely NO idea where it came from – I certainly didn’t put it in the box!”

Spike came and looked over Willow’s shoulder

“What is it Red - Oh a map”

“Can I see – oh golly, it looks old! – See what is say there?” Billy asked, worming his way between Sam and Willow

“What’s that pet?”

“There, look, where China is, it says, ‘There be Dragons!’”

Squinting the three adults moved in closer on the map and saw that young Billy was right

“He’s right you know, it does – and well done for knowing that was China, son!”

Billy beamed up at the trio, he’d got a feeling they were going to have a real adventure with this map………