Author's Chapter Notes:
To all Angel fans. This is a Spuffy story so it will not be a story for Bangel fans. Enjoy it. I hope you will like it. There is a happy ending for everyone in this story. So just continue reading without giving up. And also, PLEASE REVIEW. It helps me to write it better & better. I got the quotes before the battle from Buffyworld website.
Prologue

Disclaimer : Joss Whedon owns the characters. Atleast most of them. I’m continuing the story which didn’t end when he finished. Just want to have an ending.




It is a nice summer London day, full of sunshine. Giles looks out the window and looks at all the people moving around doing the casual jobs. He tries to recall being in a casual job. As far as Giles can remember, he has always been a Watcher. He can remember the moment he saw Buffy and trained her and brought her up like she was his own child. He cared for her and tried to protect her as much as he can. And because of her, the world is safe once more from all the evil.

He looks back at the office he is standing in. His office was refurbished and modernized compared to the old Watcher's Council. People are busy looking for Slayers all around the world. The slayers were brought up and trained by all the Watchers who have joined the new council. And Giles is leading the council as the head. He should be happy. But something still keeps bothering him. Giles misses the moments he had with the Scoobies. He thinks he should have gone easy with them. He should have allowed them to have their fun and live their life. But atleast they are on their own now living their lives happily. Dawn & Buffy are in Rome, Xander is still in Africa, Faith & Wood is still in Cleveland with some of the slayers escaping the Sunnydale destruction and Willow & Kennedy are in Brazil where Willow is learning to control her magic and improving it further more. It seemed like everything ended happily except for Anya & Spike. Their thoughts brought sad memories for Giles. He regretted the way he treated Spike especially in the last year in Sunnydale when Spike came back with the soul. After hearing what he did to save the world, Giles felt guilty for trying to get rid of him. He lit a candle for him in the church after reaching England.

Then the phone rang to disturb him from his thoughts.

“Hello”

“Yes this is Rupert Giles. Hi Melvrick! How is everything in L.A.? Really? What? I’ll get right on it. I’ll speak to you later. Bye.”

After hanging up, Giles started to think for himself.

‘Could Angelus have returned?’ It seemed like a possible explanation. But he didn’t want to run into any conclusions. He wondered whether it would be the right thing to do to inform Buffy. But he didn’t want to keep any secrets after what happened with Spike. He looked through his phone book to find her number. He took the phone and called her. After three rings, someone picked the phone on the other side.

“Hello”

“Hello Buffy. It’s Giles.”

“Oh Hi Giles. After long time. Forgotten about his trainee since she is not the only slayer anymore huh?”

“Not at all Buffy. You will always be an important part of my life. However, this is an extreme situation that required your presence immediately.”

“Shoot away Giles”

“There seems to be an upcoming apocalyptic battle coming. One of my informant said that there were lots of demon activities happening and it seemed like a hugh destruction is on its way.”

“Don’t they ever rest? Why do they just keep on coming? Anyways, where is it going to happen now? Hellmouth in Cleveland?”

“Actually No. It seems like it’s going to happen in L.A.”

“Where?” Buffy lost a moment in confusion. “Angel is in L.A. Is he involved in this?”

“I’m not sure actually. My informant was not specific about it.”

“Giles… Do you think Angelus is back in action again? I mean Angel is running W&H and he might have gone back to his bad side again”

“I don’t know. It seemed like a possible explanation. But I didn’t want to conclude before consulting with you.”

“Ok Giles. Thanks for the info. Get all the slayers you can into a plane to L.A. I’ll meet them at the airport. Also inform all the Scoobies and Faith to come to L.A. If Angelus is back and have W&H under his control, we need all the power we can get to fight against him.”

“OK Buffy. I’ll arrange for the flight for everyone. They will meet you at the Airport in L.A.”

“Thanks Giles.”

“And Buffy…. good to see you back in action.”

“Well… feels like old times doesn’t it? I’ll speak to you after winning as usual”

“Be careful Buffy”

“Thanks. I know.”

Buffy hangs up and starts to pack up all the weapons she could find. She looked at the scythe for a moment thinking and then she packed it too with her weapons bag.

Giles started to make the calls to the rest of the Scoobies.




Angel looks at the approaching crowd. It's hundreds, if not thousands, of demons of all sorts, shapes and sizes. A huge winged dragon flies angrily toward them overhead.

GUNN : “OK. You take the 30,000 on the left...”

ILLYRIA : “You're fading. You'll last 10 minutes at best.”

GUNN : (stands) “Then let's make 'em memorable.”

Angel steps forward and Spike, Gunn and Illyria follow. Spike is standing off to Angel's right side. Angel is flanked a step behind by Gunn on the right and Illyria on the left. They stare at the horde of demons approaching them in the alley.

SPIKE : “In terms of a plan?”

ANGEL : “We fight.”

SPIKE : “Bit more specific.”

ANGEL : (steps forward) “Well, personally, I kind of want to slay the dragon.”
(the demon horde attacks) “Let's go to work.” (swings his sword)

Everyone charges at the demon army. There are so many of them. Illyria starts to destroy whatever comes in her way. She was smashing through all the heads and breaking any bones she could find with her hand. She is too quick for the demons to even give a single punch at her. She didn’t need a weapon to fight with. She seemed like she was a weapon herself. Angel was slashing everything that is in front of him. He is covered with demon blood. He has been surrounded by the demons but he still keeps on fighting. Gunn keeps steady and hammers the axe through one of the big demon’s head. He was struggling with the blood loss but he still keeps on fighting. Angel & Spike saw the big troll that came down the alley towards them. Angel was aiming for the dragon that was breathing fire now and he keeps on killing whatever is on his way. Spike was slashing through with the sword he has got hold of in his hand.

“OK Boys. Learn from the master. NEVER” Slash “EVER” Slash “THINK” Slash “OF” Slash “BEING” Slash “ME”

Takes a moment to look around the demons he killed. He has a smirk in his face.

“Ya. I’m the Big Bad. Remember that.”

He seems to have injured his left shoulder but he doesn’t seem to realize the pain. He looks around and sees Gunn giving up finally with all the blood loss and falls down to the floor. He was killed in an instant by one of the demons clawing his head off his body. he felt a moment of sadness running through his mind. Then with the vengeance, he started to attack the demon crowd even fiercely.

The demons started to maul Gunn’s body when suddenly a powerful force shuttered them into dust instantly. Some of the demons looked ahead and saw a witch floating in the air coming towards them. She was murmuring something and suddenly she had a flow of fireballs coming towards them. It burned a lot of demons in its path.

“Looks like fire still hurts the demons” Willow gives a slight smile.

Then the army of the slayers came through the end of the alley. They started to fight the demons they saw on sight. Along came Buffy leading the army with Faith holding the scythe that she had in Sunnydale. She had fire in her eyes.

“Where did so much of demons come from in the first place?” Buffy murmured.

“Buff. Need to kill more demons” Willow said to Buffy and floated away.

“Ok. Back to work I guess.” Buffy was killing the demons that came in towards her easily with a slice and their heads roll to the ground.

“Faith, you lead half of the girls and attack from the sides of the alley.” Buffy ordered to Faith and watched her move from the incoming army of demons. Buffy got into the fighting stance with the rest of the girls she had with her.

She saw a blue demon fighting the other demons. The blue demon seemed strong and she was killing more & more with her hands. Buffy seemed impressed and also confused by what she saw.

‘Why is there a demon fighting the other demons?’ Then she saw around and saw the army of the demons in front of her.

‘Oh Well... I can use all the help I can get at this moment.’ She thought and started to kill the demons that came in her way. She sliced & diced towards the blue demon to make sure that it was a good demon and not a nutcase as Drusilla.

Illyria was killing the other demons by crushing their throats by her hand and smashing their heads to the wall and throwing them around like garbage. Buffy has now moved close to her and started to talk to her while fighting.

“Who are you? Why are you helping? Or are you helping the good guys in the first place?”

Illyria turned to look at the voice. She saw a blonde girl with an axe in her hand slashing the demons beside her. She saw the girl’s face and knew she was not a threat for her. Illyria just ignored her and started to continue her battle. Something about the girl made her feel that she is not a normal human as she seems to be. So Illyria turned towards Buffy deciding to reply.

“I am Illyria, god-king of the primordium, shaper of things. I’m helping the mortals and the Half-Breeds to defend this planet” Illyria started to focus on the destruction she was causing and moves away from Buffy.

Buffy didn’t understand a word Illyria said so she just nodded. Then the sudden thought came into her mind. She tried to question Illyria before she moved away from her.

“Where is Angel?” Buffy wanted to slay him by her own hands if he has turned into Angelus. Illyria nodded her head towards a demon group fighting someone far away. Buffy smiled noticing Angel must be fighting on the good side.

Then she realized something that Illyria said. ‘Half-Breed means Vampire’ she made a note in her head. Then something occurred to her. She remembered Illyria saying ‘Half-Breeds’ so there must be more than Angel fighting in this battle. She wondered who it could be.

She continued smashing the axe into the bodies of the demons on her way while she moved towards Illyria. She glanced back at the slayers she had with her to see that they are holding themselves against the demons they fought with. Buffy looked forward to see Faith & the rest of the slayers attacking the demons from the middle bringing a gap in-between the demon army. She saw Willow fighting with demons from the air and throwing magical thunders and fireballs at the army. She started to move back again towards Illyria and she got close to her.

“You said Half-Breeds. Who else is there to fight against evil beside Angel?” Buffy knew about Lorne, Wesley & Gunn and also a girl called Fred working beside Angel in W&H. But as far as she knows, none of them were half-breed. Lorne was a demon but not human. So she is lost in who it could be fighting beside Angel for the good side.

Before Illyria could answer, Buffy heard someone scream and also saw a big ball of fireball near the end of the alley and Angel shouting out loudly “SPIKE”.

TBC