It has been 4 years since Buffy last saw Spike which was the day she thought he had died. Xander had married Anya and they have a little girl named Joyce after Buffy’s mom because Anya felt that it was Joyce who made her realize that this world is about life and well because Anya was just wanted their to be another Joyce around. Xander and Anya are also expecting another kid. Willow is still single and lives with Buffy and Dawn. Dawn passed high school with honors and is currently going to UCLA. Buffy is working at a gym in which she is owns. Buffy is still trying some of the other slayers who haven’t passed their Slayer tests (Buffy made a secret Slayer Academy so that the future Slayers are prepared and in her words have a longer expiration date, which is in the gym) Angel finally got his investigation license so now he is actually legal for investigative reporting. Faith is still her normal self but she has realized life a little more now and she is trying to be a more respectable and hardworking citizen. On the outside everyone thought Buffy was fine but the truth was that she was a wreck. Only her closest friends and her knew the truth and everyone else had no idea well if they did they weren’t letting anyone else know. But then everything she thought was about to change.

It was a dark and warm night in LA. Buffy and the Scooby Gang including Anya and Dawn were at a local club. Don’t worries Anya had another fellow demon watching Joyce while she was out. Buffy was dancing around the floor to an upbeat dance mix with the Scooby Gang and some of the other slayers that are still in training. The lighting has a blue and purple tint to it and there is strobe lights and well your usual night club atmosphere. Out of the corner of her eye she sees a blonde slicked back hair just like Spike had his. She stopped and watched over there for a few minutes but when the guy turned around it wasn’t Spike. Buffy sighs. Willow realizes what Buffy was staring at. She walks up to Buffy and stand behind her.

Willow: (whispers) Buffy, (pauses and touches her shoulder which makes her jump) It isn’t Spike. Spike died for all of us. Spike is a hero.
Buffy: (turning around) What? I wasn’t thinking about Spike! Why would I? He is gone.
Willow: Because I know that look. I used to wear that look with Oz and Tara. (she looks around and spots an open table and points over toit) Let’s go and sit down and talk.
Buffy: (shrugging Willow off and walks away. Willow catches up to her and gets in front of her and stands there with the whole I am not buying it look with her arms crossed) No, I am okay. I am going to go patrolling. I will see you back at the house later on. Alright.
Willow: Listen Missy you are not going to go and kill something just to get ahold of reality again. (Buffy stands there her eyes gets very direct and her face expression had the one where I don’t care what you say I am doing it.) No! I am not going to let you go through this again! (Willow know getting desperate)
Buffy: Willow, I will be fine. I have been fine for the past how many years! (when she got done saying this she walked past Willow. Willow turns around and decides that she cant win this battle so she might as well let her go after all what is she going to find tonight?)

Buffy walks out of the popular club and onto an empty street. Someone who had a black hood on had been watching Buffy the entire night. He had been sitting in a back corner with a plate of Buffalo wings and a bottle of beer. We never see who it is but that person follows her out. Buffy feels as if she is being tracked or followed so she walks down an empty and unused alleyway between to buildings which had no outlet. She walks about halfway down the alley and then she ducks behind a dumpster. As the hooded figure walks halfway down the alley just a little past where Buffy was hiding they stop. They looked around and we see the hood shake as if it was shaking its head. All of the sudden the figure goes flying to the floor and Buffy walks up to the figure. She stops and stands right before the figures fight, her shadow overcastted the person.

Buffy: Well are you going to get up or are we just going to play dead.
Person: (chuckles)
Buffy: (She had her stake already out and ready in her right hand frozen at the sound of that laugh it was so familiar to her and we have a flashback to where spike had made the same exact chuckle at Buffy as he had her pinned up to a wall. She finally comes back and drops the stake to the ground and stutters) Spp-Spike?
Person: (Rolls over pulls his hood down to reveal a bleach blonde haired Spike) I’m back. Big Bad Spike is here baby.

She looks at the figure that claims to be Spike. She has a flashback of right before Spike is destroyed. Spike stands up and walks up to her and gives her a hug. A tear runs down Buffy’s cheek. She hugs him back. But then she shoves him away.

Buffy: How could you be back! You dead! I saw that big ass hole that was what was left of Sunnydale! How in the hell are you back!
Spike: Well, I gave my soul which by the way I had worked a bitch to get back and then gave it up for you and everyone else. And then a few months later I am a bloody ghost up at Wolfram and Hart. And let me tell you being a ghost is bloody boring! Well except the whole being able to go through walls and seeing a bunch of….
Buffy: Spike you are gross!
Spike: (Stands up in front of Buffy) what you expected me to float around and knit little bonnets.
Buffy: No!
Spike: Alright then.

Spike grabs Buffy and kisses her and she kisses him back. Spike lifts her up in the air and holds on to her while still in a lip locked kiss.

All of Buffy jumps up from her bed. She sits up having hard time breathing. Then she moves her knees into her chest and rocks back and forth and cries into her knees. Willow walks into the room wrapped up in a pink fuzzy robe. She walks up to Buffy’s bed. She slides the comforter over and sits there next to Buffy. She puts an arm around Buffy. Buffy leans her head on Willow’s chest and cries and Willow wraps her in her arms. Willows head lies on top of Buffy’s.

Willow: Another Spike dream?

Buffy just nods her head up and down crying even harder. Dawn comes walking in. Dawn crawls into bed on Buffy’s other side and leans on her back. Buffy looks up at Dawn and grabs her into the comforting hug with her and Willow.

Willow: It’s okay. It’s all okay. Spike is not around. It was all just a dream. Spike died for all of us. Spike is a hero.
Dawn: Buffy. Everything will be okay. It’s all going to work out.

Fade out of the dark new bedroom that has a queen-size bed and all new furniture.