Author's Chapter Notes:
I don't own anything. Never have and never will. Joss is the king in the Buffy realm. All hail Joss.

This is my first fic so please take the time to review and please be kind. Let me know if you like it and if I should continue. I'm finally trying to shed my shyness and get out there. After years of reading everyone's wonderful fics I decided to try and write my own. Enjoy
~Rach~
“Stupid demons,” Buffy whined as she trudged through another endless sea of gravestones.

Didn’t Giles understand that sometimes she just needed some time for herself, away from the workplace. Couldn’t he tell by the way she had looked and acted at his home that she just wasn’t in the mood for a night of killing. She was sooo tired of this. Just needed a day or two to recuperate from the latest fiasco of her life.

Tonight she had planned on sitting at home in her dorm with Willow, complaining about the male species, in particular one poop-head Parker. After the incident the other day in which Spike had been privileged to a front row seat of the drama of Buffy’s love life, she was in the mood for some Ben and Jerry’s and a round of chick flicks.

Spike, there was another problem of the male variety in her life. Who did he think he was coming back to Sunnydale to try and kill her and rub it in her face that another man had left her? Didn’t see Drusilla anywhere, who is he to judge.

It was a good thing that Spike had probably left town again to go after his ring. She didn’t think she could have taken much more of him with the way she was feeling.

What was wrong with her that every man she started to love had problems sticking around. It would only be a matter of time before Giles and Xander left her too.

No Buffy, they would never do that, they’re your friends. Nothing more than family type love there, so hence no leaving. In theory.

Tripping over a rock, Buffy pulled her mind back to the present. Probably a bad idea to be thinking hard when Giles had sent her on a patrol mission tonight.

When checking in with him after classes today, mainly in the hopes of hearing any news about the whereabouts of Spike, he had informed her that a rather large demon had been rumored to be vandalizing the neighborhood of the cemeteries.

Which led to Buffy unhappily searching Sunnydale’s cemeteries, rather unsuccessfully too, if she did say so herself.



Swaggering through the streets of Sunnydale, Spike kicked another unfortunate rock that just happened to be in his way. Stupid bloody town, he didn’t quite understand how he kept ending up back in the Slayer’s turf; probably had something to do with the fact that she completely ruined his life and he was in need of revenge.

Yah, revenge. Dru has no idea wha’ she was ramblin’ abou’. I am not covered in the Slayer, jus’ need to kill her after wha’ happened with the Poof and my bloody ring.

Slayer deserves to die for making me deal with Angel. Bloody bastard has my ring.


It had been two days since the incident with Angel and the ring and Spike was right pissed off. He had come right back to Sunnydale to deal with the ever present thorn in his side, the Slayer. He had decided that it was time to repay Buffy for her help in ruining his life by humiliating and degrading her about the fling she had with the college boy. After he was through with her she would be begging him for death.

Now all he had to do was find her, he knew she was out here somewhere protecting the innocents, maybe in one of those nice short skirts she used to wear. Spike missed fighting the Slayer when she was wearing those outfits; he wished she would get rid of the pants and go back to the skimpy skirts, they offered a much better view. Can’t blame a bloke for looking.

Back to the task at hand, find the Slayer,
Spike reminded himself as he continued his search of Sunnydale for Buffy.



Aha! Success at last. Giles sure wasn’t kidding when he said it was a large demon.

Buffy had finally found what she was searching for, a massive expanse of rock solid demoney goodness. Said demon was in the process of uprooting the gravestones of a Mr. and Mrs. Carlson and didn’t appear to notice the arrival of the Slayer. Buffy took a running leap that landed in the back of the demon and appeared to do it no harm. Buffy rained punches and kicks to the demon but nothing seemed to faze it, it’s hide was solid as a rock. The demon didn’t seem to mind at all that the Slayer was using him as an overgrown punching bag. He just stood there and took it. Buffy on the other hand was getting upset. Everything she tried had no impact on the mass of demon, even her trusty stake couldn’t pierce its hide. Starting to wear herself out, Buffy stopped her attack and just stood there looking at the demon.

“You know, I’m the one that is supposed to be toying with you, not the other way around. At least give a girl some kind of reaction, even if it is just walking away from her.”

Growing tired of playing with the Slayer the demon back-handed her across the cemetery where she landed in a heap among the grave markers. The demon than made its way out of the cemetery completely unfazed by the recent attack. What the demon didn’t see was that when it threw Buffy, she wasn’t the only thing to go flying. Buffy noticed the flash of silver near her feet and picked it up, intending to deliver it to Giles for inspection.

Looking at the object that the demon had dropped, she was surprised to see what looked like an ordinary silver locket on a chain. The locket was shaped in a heart and bore the inscription True Love on it.

That’s a new one, a demon carrying around a picture of its true love, wonder what she looks like. Buffy mused to herself Just something else to complain to Willow about, now even Sunnydale’s demon population is having better luck in love than I am.

Buffy opened the locket, intent to see the picture inside, mumbling to herself as she did so.

“I wish I could find my true love, someone who will actually stick around.”

As she spoke those words, a bight pink light erupted from the locket and entered her mouth. As she stumbled back and started to fall Buffy could have sworn she heard someone calling her name. Then the blackness overcame her and everything went dark.