Sorry about the grammar my computer hasn’t got a spell checker. Thanks to everyone who read and reviewed my story :)
Chapter 2
Buffy prized her sleep-struck eyes open and surveyed her surroundings, her gaze passed over the plain white walls of her new room, the small dull wardrobe and her other assorted pieces of old furniture. Since she had moved into her fathers home a month ago she had spent a lot of time in this room, the room reflected her mood ……………empty.
Dawn, her sister, had made her room her own , there were assorted posters of whatever boy bands she liked at that moment in time, fluffy cushions and colorfully decorated walls and furniture.
Buffy could hear a dull thumping sound coming from down the corridor; she guessed it was dawn listening to her early morning music, so she tried to ignore it and pulled her thick duvet over her head and therefore drowned out the music. She lay there for a while thinking, her mind drifted to the stranger she had met the day before, he had made her believe there was a way out of her apparent misery, and she would never see him again.
Buffy felt a tear slowly make its way down her cheek, and she started to sob quietly shielded under her duvet as if in her own little sad word, unaware of her father listening to her sounds of pain his head leaning against her door a look similar to Buffy’s own plastered on his face, his face slick with tears of sympathy and under standing. He decided to leave her alone and grant her privacy As Buffy emerged from her duvet she almost thought she heard someone outside her room say “I’m sorry”
She must have imagined it she thought and once again disappeared under her duvet smothered and alone ………….just how she felt.
Spike was late for work that morning, he rushed into his office tired and disheveled
Damn, he thought, late again.
“Morning anya “he said breezily and smiled warmly at her as he passed her desk.
Anya returned a cold frown and went back to her paperwork; spike turned away a little confused and slouched over to his desk.
Anya must feel a little rejected he decided,”But why should she blame me” he muttered.
He glanced over his petite desk and noticed the invitation hank had given him the golden inscribed words glinting at him, reflected light shining into his eyes.
“Oh god “he said remembering the party. “How could I have forgotten “. I have to rent a tux. He looked frantically at his watch, I’ve got to get a tux but I have to work for another ten hours. He chuckled at the irony, and thought if I don’t get a tux by tonight then I can’t go to the party and won’t be able to get a permanent job here but if I get a tux but don’t work then ill get fired and still won’t have a permanent job position.
Maybe….I could ………ummm
His phone rang shattering him from his thoughts he picked it up cautiously and answered the voice on the other end.
“Hello?” he said politely
“Hello …… is that William Giles “? The voice replied
Spike winced at his given name,
“Yes “he answered.
“Mr. summers needs to see you in his office as soon as possible” the voice said
“o.k. “spike said “……….thank you”
The voice disappeared.
Spike got up and made his way to hank summers office.
“What now? “He muttered
Spike knocked on hank summers door, apprehension clouding his handsome features.
“Come in “said the voice on the other side of the door
“Good morning sir “said spike
“No need for pleasantries “said hank cheerily “call me hank “
“What did you want to see me for”? asked spike inquisitively ,and mar summers looked at him blankly for a moment as if to say …….I have no idea.
“Oh yes “he said remembering.
“I wanted to give you this” said Mr. Summers as he walked over to his supply cupboard, he reached inside and pulled out a wide grey bag, like the ones used to store clothes.
“I wanted to apologize about the short notice, so I thought what better to do then rent you out a tux, that’s if course impending you don’t have one already. Hank looked at spike in question, and spike just stared at him amazed.
“Thank you sir ………uh, hank he corrected.
“Well I’m pretty sure it’s your size”, said hank smiling, and added “I’m also guessing that you have work to do” he gestured to spike and then to the door.
As spike reached he door, hank said, “and I think you’ll like my daughter Buffy”, he winked.
As spike left the corridor he thought, nothing can ruin my night now...