Author's Chapter Notes:
Title: Promise
Author: Hollowtear
Disclaimer: i own nothing
Fandom: Yes, it's Buffyverse AU.
Character: Buffy, Spike, Angel
Word count: 577 approx.
Buffy sat up, gasping. "It's only a dream," she thought. It felt so real that she couldn't quite decide if it was a dream or not. She hoped that it hadn't really happened like that, but she really didn't know for sure…

"Spike, come out come out where ever you are," Angel's voice was distinguishable against the hard rain. "I won't hurt her, I promise. Unless… " Spike could hear the threat in his voice. He pulled Buffy closer to him. Buffy clutched onto Spike fearing Angel would find them. She didn't want to even imagine what would happen to her if Spike was hurt or worse.

Spike peeked out from behind the dumpster. The darkness gave them some cover but Angel was getting closer and closer. He would be on top of them within a couple minutes unless he was able to distract Angel long enough for Buffy to get away. He grabbed Buffy's hand and pulled her close enough to just barely whisper to her, "Pet, I love you. No matter what happens, as long as you are safe this will have been worth it." Buffy gazed at him and knew what he was about to say. It filled her with dread. "I won't let him hurt you. I'll die before that happens, but you must promise me to run the first chance you get. You know where to go. I'll find you. I promise." Buffy's tears mixed with the rain. She nodded slowly. Spike looked at her and inhaled deeply. He caressed her face and leaned in for a soft kiss. It felt like goodbye to both of them.

Angel violently grabbed Spike's shirt collar and yanked him up. He threw him against the wall and started beating on him. Spike fought back best he could but he was no match for Angel. Spike slumped to the floor and spit up blood just as Buffy finally caught a glimpse of him.

"Spike!" Buffy yelled. Angel whipped his head towards Buffy, an evil smirk growing. He practically slithered to her and forced her back until her back was pressed against the wall. Angel's face was mere inches from her as he hissed, "You do not look like you'd be worth all that Spikey went through for you." Angel's eyes traveled up and down her half naked body. One hand brushed against her skin as he lowered it to her breasts. "I bet," he said as he inhaled her scent while cupping her breast, " that you are great in other ways. I can't wait to find out."

Spike finally was able to pull himself up and charged at Angel growling, "You'll not lay a sodding hand on her!" He tackled Angel away from Buffy as she gasped. Angel was caught by surprise and Spike was trying to use it to his advantage. Angel finally recovered and the last thing that Buffy knows is that there was a flash of sliver, a look of pain and shock on Spike's face and the last words she heard him say, "Buffy…run…"

She had. She ran until she couldn't run anymore. 135 miles outside of town and she still felt too close. This is where they had talked about, a insignificant motel in the middle of nowhere and she hoped that Spike would show up. Every passing day made the possibility slip further and further. But she would wait for him, just like she promised.




Please Review