Author's Chapter Notes:
Please tell me if you like it...
(1863)
Buffy stared down past the staircase and her wandering eyes looked around at every one in her family room. Once again her father was forcing her to attend one of his social gatherings. Her once homely house was now filled with dozens of snobby women and men who are interested in nothing but politics. Both of which, Buffy hated with a passion so intense that it would make beasts of the night blush. Her green eyes met with a familiar set of brown and she turned away, disgusted that she was the unlucky girl that Mr. Riley Finn decided to have a fancy on. Her hands gripped the skirt of her rose-colored dress, helping her control her anger at the brunette fool. She took a chance and turned back to him, he was talking to some other men from town, but never took his eyes off of Buffy. She turned away and came face to face with her mother. Buffy yelped and her mother chuckled at her daughters display of shock.

“Hey, Honey. You do know that your father’s expecting you to make an appearance?“ Joyce put her hand on the small of Buffy’s back and they turned back to the crowd of people. Mr. Finn had disappeared and Buffy sighed as if a load was just taken off of her shoulder. Joyce started to give Buffy a back massage, but stopped when she felt her daughters discomfort.

“Mother, you know how much I despise these horrid gala’s.” She looked at her mother with sad eyes.

“Please, you just have to show your father that you care. Then, within a few minutes, you can go back to your room and read.” Joyce gave her daughter a hug, and whispered into her ear, “Your getting out of this easier than I, Your father wishes for me to stay here all evening.”

Buffy smiled and turned to go down the staircase, Joyce linked arms with her and they stepped down the steps. When they reached the first story floor Joyce let go of Buffy’s arm.

“I am going to greet Amelia, she and her husband have just arrived.” Joyce leaned into Buffy to again whisper in her ear, “If you think that Cecily Adams is a dreadful woman, wait until you have met her sister, Amelia.”

Buffy bid her mother adieu and walked off to where her father stood. She met her fathers side and smiled up to him, Hank Summers looked down at her and exchanged her a smile back. He turned back to his fellow colleges and started to talk about president Lincoln.

“My opinion of the Emancipation Proclamation is that it’s nonsense.” Hank said, all of the men around him nodded.

“I remember the good days when Polk was in office. Now he was a man of admiration.” A brunette man smiled, Buffy remembered hearing that his name was Hamilton. Boredom rushed through her body like waves. She curtsied and left the group of men, not knowing where to go next. After she had only taken a few steps she was stopped by a group of young women her age. She hated brainless, stuck-up teenagers just as much as haughty women and politic-crazed men.

“Elizabeth, where did you get your dress made? It’s very vintage.” The most infuriating one asked.

“Um… I don’t know, Cordelia. I can find out for you.” Buffy said, trying to escape as soon as she could, it didn’t work.

“Make sure you tell me before the big masquerade party. I will definitely have the best costume….” Cordelia said. Buffy was waiting to hear the rude comment.

“… As you.” She and her friends started to giggle, but the arrival of Parker Abram’s silenced them. He slightly bowed, and turned to Buffy.

“Excuse me, but my I speak to you, Elizabeth?” He asked, a sly grin spread across his face.

“Sorry, Mr. Abrams. I was busy talking to my friends.” Buffy lied. He nodded in understanding.

“Very well, Maybe I will have the chance to speak to you later tonight. Good bye, ladies.” He walked away. Buffy was greeted by jealous looks from all of the teenagers.

“He is absolutely gorgeous.” Cecily smiled. A few of the girls nodded, and the ones that didn’t were too busy watching his retreating figure to pay attention to Cecily speak.

“And he is absolutely smitten with you, Elizabeth.” Cordelia said, jealousy spilled out of her pores in gallons.

“I wish he was as infatuated with me as he is to you.” Cecily said. The other girls all nodded in agreement.

“That’s terrible, Cecily. All he wants is a precious virgin so he can ruin yet another woman’s values.” Buffy smiled and left the group, satisfied with each of the girls faces. Especially Cecily’s, whose face turned red and her eyes widened. She didn’t know where to go next, but then decided to go out to the veranda. She walked past people, ignoring the straying men’s eyes and jealous women’s glares. When she got outside she leaned against the railing, shivering when the metal hit her uncovered arms. She stared out to the Ocean, enjoying the glimpse of the last rays of the sun disappear over the horizon. The wind brushed against her face, causing some of her golden hair to fall out of the fancy loose bun. And she cursed her choice of coming out of the house when she saw Mr. Finn stop next to her.

“A beautiful woman, such as yourself, shouldn’t be outside alone. It is highly improper.” He smiled as though he was the smoothest male ever. He leaned in closer to her. When he heard her shiver he put his coat on her shoulders. Buffy almost gagged at his show of affection and the smell of his coat. Buffy soon regretted letting her teeth chatter and her arms shake a few second earlier.

“It’s my back porch, I come here all the time. It’s as safe as an Asylum.” She looked away, and she could tell that the oaf was getting irritated because she wasn’t looking at him in the eye. They stood in awkward silence for a few minutes when a high pitched voice called Riley’s name. Riley did a small bow and left Buffy’s sight. Buffy sighed a sigh of relief for the second time today day. She was on a roll.

She stepped off of the porch and onto the beach, smiling as the chatter of her house was beyond her hearing range. She walked along the ocean for a long time: minutes turned to hours, and Buffy was starting to sense it was midnight. She knew that her parents were probably freaking out, and they probably already had people searching for her, but she didn’t care. This was enjoying, and if she had to risk getting in trouble for it… It definitely is worth it. Her feet started to throb inside the painful heels so she took them off. She held them as she walked for a few minutes, then decided to get rid of the wretched things and left them on the beach. She figured some less fortunate girl would find them, It was her good deed for the day. Buffy turned back, but saw complete darkness. The only light was the moons reflection off of the water, and thin lights from the town a mile away. Buffy had to decide between the extra long walk along the waters or a long walk through town that was a little shorter than the water-side walk but still long. Buffy’s shiver help answer the question as she pulled Riley’s jacket around her tighter and walked to the town.

Meanwhile:

“Daddy, all the people are at the party. And we weren‘t fit enough to get invitations.” Drusilla pouted. The Arelius clan had been searching for people for over an hour and all but Spike had eaten one person. Spike had yet to find someone to his taste.

“I give up.” Darla said annoyed, “I say we just go to that party and kill some people.”

“We cant. There must be a hundred people there.” Angelus said. Spike nodded. Drusilla didn’t take the bait and still wanted to go with Darla’s plan.

“And, if we eat all of them then we wont be able to find any other people.” Spike said.

“But, Spike, there’s a lot of little ants in an anthill, and not all of them are running from the anteater.” Drusilla, if possible, stuck her bottom lip out even more.

“How about we eat the spare people in the mansion.” Angelus said. They had a dozen people trapped in the basement dungeon incase they went in a shortage.

“But the caged bird always stops singing, and the trapped people loose hope. They have no fight in them, and that’s no fun.” Drusilla said.

“Will you shut up?” Darla yelled, “Just go eat them, because right now I’m not having any fun.”

“You can torture them, Dru. You can make them beg. Plus, we can have some fun.” Angelus said. He rubbed Drusilla’s bum and Drusilla’s face shown a delirious grin he knew that she was all for going home. This didn’t go unnoticed by Spike and Spike’s stomach took this opportunity to growl. The three other Arelius members all now had their eyes on Spike.

“You guys can go ahead. I’m going to get something to eat first, then I’ll meet you at the mansion.” Spike said. They knew how much he hated to eat the trapped people. That was one of the many trait’s that his sire, Drusilla, had passed down on him.

“Okay, Spike.” Drusilla said, “Just don’t have too much fun without mummy.” Spike nodded and waved the three off. They turned to go, and Spike watched their retreating forms. When they turned off the street and turned Spike continued down the street towards the ocean.

But within a few minutes, his eyes caught on a delectable treat: A lean girl with golden blonde hair and an old-styled rich red dress. Her bare feet were carrying her tired-looking body in the opposite direction that Spike was going. Though Spike never took his eyes off the girl, She didn’t take her eyes off of the ground in front of her. But Spike knew that Goldilocks knew he was there, her breathing was uncontrollable and her face was red. Spike’s stomach growled once more and he knew she was the unlucky girl that would soon meet cold death.

He walked up to her with his human façade and stopped when he was in front of her. Her wide green eyes met his blue and her face shown embarrassment.

“You shouldn’t be outside alone in the wee hours of the morning.” The stranger said to the girl. She stepped past him and continued on. Spike smiled and followed her. She wouldn’t be escaping death, “Especially in such a beautiful dress.”

Spike stepped in front of her and caused her to stop walking. Her face turned the shade of the deep red dress.

“Thank you for the compliment, sir, but I must be getting back to my home.” She said.

“Home? In that dress, it seems your on
your way to a party. The one at the Summers’s no doubt.” Spike said.

“Yes, that is the one.” Buffy said. Her face turned back to the normal shade, this man seemed trusting to her.

“What is your name?” He asked her.

“Elizabeth.” She said. He took her hand and kissed her. He felt her pulse within her wrist quicken and he couldn’t wait to savor the taste of her sweet blood. Spike looked back up at her face, and knew that that wasn’t the only thing he wanted to do to her. He was going to enjoy this girl every way he could.

“We’ll, Elizabeth. I recon that it’d be safer for me to accompany you there.” He offered her his arm and she took it without question.


Buffy had thought the handsome man a gentleman up until he pushed her up against an ally wall with a single shove. She growled in disgust as she felt his hands explore her body. One hand cupped her left breast as the other pulled her body flush against him. Buffy squirmed around, doing everything possible to save herself: cutting, scratching, and biting. Spike pulled her fighting body closer and dipped his head low to the curve of her neck. Buffy felt him lick her neck and she screamed for help. But nobody would come, she looked like an everyday harlot from a whorehouse. And Spike knew this. He lowered his head even more to the swell of her breasts. Where his tongue left the confines of his mouth and licked the salty smoothness of her chest. He nipped her neck slightly with blunt teeth, awaiting a reaction. And he did get one: Buffy moaned quietly in pleasure.

“So sweet…” Spike murmured, “My good little wanton…”

When Buffy realized what he had said, she started to struggle once more, but gave up as he dipped his cold tongue into her mouth. Spike waited until he felt her tongue dancing with his and then he let her go. She was breathing heavy her face was red in embarrassment. She started up at Spike with a shocked expression. Spike lifted his fist and punched her, not enough to kill her, but knock her out long enough to take her back to the mansion. He flung her over his shoulder, rubbed her small bum, and hurried off towards the mansion.

Yeah, he was going to have a lot of fun tonight.