Author's Chapter Notes:
ok so i looking for a beta if any one is able to help please let me know. please review even just to say it's crap!
Buffy woke to the sound of her cell ringing. Looking at the clock she saw it was only nine thirty. What the hell? She reached over and checked the caller id. What could faith want at this hour of the morning Faith was definitely not a morning person. It must be something serious curiosity peaked, Buffy answered.

"What the hell faith? You do know what time it is don't ya?"

"Sorry Buffy but i really gotta talk to ya."

Now she knew there was something wrong; Faith never used her full name.

“Ok faithy, spill”

“Well ya know Cordelia had a party last night, the one you didn’t wanna go to?”

“Yeah…?”

“Well see I was there and so was Spike”

“And?”

“Well we started talkin’ ‘bout you, ya know, then we were dancing and we were tired so we went upstairs...”

“Faith?”

“Wekindamadeout!”

Buffy felt her heart stop, she couldn’t have heard her right.

“What?”

“We made out. I’m really sorry buff, we were really drunk and you weren’t there and….”

Buffy’s brain finally caught up with her.

“WHAT!”





Faith knew this wouldn’t go down well. Buffy had been screaming non-stop for the last five minutes.

“..I always knew you were a slut Faith but this is unbelievable! How could you do this to me?! We’re supposed to be best friends! We’re cousins for Christ sakes! You know how much spike means to me!”

“Chill B! God it was I one time thing, it’s not like your official or anything! I knew you’d be angry but you’re totally overreacting!”

“I’m overreacting? IM OVEREACTING?! The whole school knows he’s mine and you must have got him completely shitfaced for him to even look at you! You are the most self-centred whore I have ever met! I’ve put up with you’re shit for too long already! We’re through!”

Faith was promptly met with a dial tone. She couldn’t believe Buffy had spoken to her like that. If that little bitch thinks she can just drop me over some stupid shit like this she has another thought coming! We’ve been friends for too long!





Buffy had never been so pissed off in her entire life. She couldn’t believe Faith would do this to her. Thinking over some of the stuff faith had done she realised she shouldn’t really be all that surprised. She just thought their friendship meant more to Faith. I guess not! Buffy thought with a sigh.

Buffy really couldn’t wrap her head around it. Spike had cheated on her. Ok so maybe cheated wasn’t really fair as they weren’t actually exclusive, but still, the way she saw it he had cheated on her. He had cheated on her with Faith. Her best friend Faith. Her cousin Faith. The same Faith that she grew up with. The Faith that knows her better than anyone else.

Reality was beginning to set in. Buffy curled up on her bed, cuddled Mr Gordo and tried to go back to sleep. She couldn’t deal with this right now.





Spike didn’t wake until after three o clock. Bloody Hell He felt like he been ran over by a bulldozer. The room was spinning. He lay in his bed for a few minutes tying to gather his bearings. His stomach churned violently. He ran to the bathroom and proceeded to empty the contents of his stomach down the toilet. About ten minutes later he dragged himself off the floor. He made his way, on slightly unsteady legs, to the kitchen. He grabbed a couple of painkillers and a glass of water and headed back to his bedroom.

Spike sat on the edge of the bed as he took the pills. His head was still throbbing and he wasn’t sure whether or not he’d be able to keep the pills down. What the hell did I drink last night? He laid back on his bed and tried to remember the party…

FLASHBACK
Spike showed up at Cordy’s around ten. He was really hoping Buffy would be there. She had told him the day before that she might show but she wasn’t sure. Truth be told he was only going to the party hoping to see Buffy. He wanted them to be an exclusive couple and he had intended to ask her at the party. He was fairly sure she’d say yes. They’d been dating for about three months and everyone already considered them a couple. He really wanted it to be official.

Cordelia’s house was crowded as he made his entrance. There was people everywhere and judging from the state of most of the kids there was plenty to drink. He immediately started to scan the crowd for Buffy. The Middle was blaring through the speakers and people were pushing and jumping everywhere.

Hey, don't write yourself off yet
It's only in your head you feel left out or
looked down on.
Just try your best, try everything you can.
And don't you worry what they tell themselves when you're away.


He’d looked around for Buffy but he couldn’t find her. He decided to look a little longer.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).

Hey, you know they're all the same.
You know you're doing better on your own, so don't buy in.
Live right now.
Yeah, just be yourself.
It doesn't matter if it's good enough for someone else.


He saw Faith walk into the kitchen and thought she might know where to find Buffy so he followed her.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright)


Finally catching up with Faith he asked her about buffy.

“B isn’t showin’ tonight, said she wasn’t up to it.”

To say he was disappointed would definatetly be an understatement.

Hey, don't write yourself off yet.
It's only in your head you feel left out or
looked down on.
Just do your best, do everything you can.
And don't you worry what the bitter hearts are gonna say.

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).


“I’d be happy to keep ya company Blondie”

“Nah Faith, I think I’ll just head home”

“Ah come on, just one drink!”

well I s’pose one couldn’t hurt

It just takes some time, little girl you're in the middle of the ride.
Everything (everything) will be just fine, everything (everything) will be alright (alright).


END FLASHBACK


Spike sat up straight in his bed.

Oh god, what have I done?!