Author's Chapter Notes:
BtVS Season 7, after 'First Date'.
Feed the Fire


Alchemist's Apprentice

"Look, take it easy, it's a bit like making love.. A little sweetness." Golden crystals cascade into the tangy liquid. "A little seduction." He uncorks the liqueur. "A little light handwork." A stream of corn coloured batter trickles from the dispenser into a second pan. "Knowing when to flip her over?" He turns the pancake in the syrup with a deft flick of the spatula. "And just when to fire things up..."

A smell of burning distracts him from his tasks at the stove. "Or not, in your case, Romeo," Spike chuckles at Andrew's singed hair and pained expression.


____________________________________________________________

Dangerous Delectation

Sweet succulent odours fill her nostrils, aromatic oil promising sensuous delights yet to come. She watches in anticipation as his fingertips slowly strike the spark.

Almost ready.

A sudden flash, a fiery eruption, a fusion; piquant perfumes melding in the melange of sensory overload.

She fills her mouth, scooping tangy stickiness from the moist, compliant centre, rolling it round her palate, allowing the pungent syrup to glide down her throat before swallowing.

"Wow, Andrew, Crepes Suzette!" exclaims Willow. "Buffy, isn't that the best thing you ever had in your mouth?"

Buffy glances across the table at Spike. "Not even close."