Author's Chapter Notes:
Please be warned ,Buffy is 16 years old, and Spike is a married 32 year old man. If this bothers you, DO Not Read This. There is some Buffy/Other and Spike/Other in this story, but nothing graphic. There is a lot of angst in this story, but it is a Spuffy story.
Buffy bound through the door of her house on Revello Drive. Taking the stairs two at a time, she raced to her room and slammed the door. Slumping on her bed, grabbing Mr. Gordo, she could no longer hold back the tears, letting out an inhuman sounding wail, Buffy buried her face in her pillows.

The day had started out so promising. It was last day of school, with the whole summer to look forward to. Then suddenly things took a turn for the worse. Angel, her boyfriend of five months, had been distant to her during lunchtime. Buffy was worried that he might still be angry at her about how their date had ended the night before. She never imagined that after school he would break up with her, in the middle of the school parking lot.

Okay, maybe they had some problems. Buffy knew he was upset that she still had not gone all the way with him. But it wasn’t like they had done nothing. They kissed and there had been touching.

She had even given him a couple blow jobs, which, at the time, he had seemed very satisfied with.
The truth was that she was scared. She knew Angel had been with other girls, and was worried that she may not measure up. He had teased her once about being a virgin, proclaiming that he have would have to break her in , like she was some kind of horse. Buffy knew he was getting impatient, so when he suggested they spend the summer apart and see other people she knew exactly what that meant.

As her cries finally turned into sobs, Buffy heard the phone ring.
Maybe Angel has changed his mind she thought racing to the phone. “Hello, Angel?” she asked hopefully into the phone.

“No B, it’s me, I heard what that bastard did to you” Faith barked with disgust apparent in her voice.

“Oh” Buffy replied sadly “ I guess the whole school kind of saw, huh?” she asked burying her face in her hands.

“Yea, that little prick acted like he was putting on a fuckin’ show or something” Faith paused “ Are you Okay?”

Buffy snorted, she knew things must be bad, if Faith was showing compassion.

“I just want him back” Buffy whispered starting to sob once more.

“Did he really break up with you because you wouldn’t put out?” Faith demanded

“yea” she replied with a sigh.

“Don’t worry B, you stick with me this summer, and he’ll be beggin you to come back to him by the time school starts” Faith promised.

Buffy smiled, knowing if anyone could make things happen, it was Faith.
 
Buffy didn’t remember falling asleep, but was awaken by the sound of her mother knocking at her door.

“Come in” Buffy yelled sleepily’

Joyce came in and sat down on Buffy’s pink ruffled comforter. She could tell her daughter had been crying and was immediately worried. “Buffy honey, what’s wrong” Her mother asked

Buffy sighed, she knew her mother would keep asking until she knew what was wrong. “Angel and I broke up” Buffy said quietly.

Joyce hugged her tightly. “I’m so sorry sweetie, but you know I never liked him anyway”

“ I know mom, I guess at least your happy now” Buffy spat, releasing herself from her mothers embrace.

“No baby, seeing you upset never makes me happy, I just don’t think he was the right one for you” Her mother replied

Yea and you know all about finding the right one, huh mom. Buffy thought to herself, but she knew she couldn’t say it no matter how true it was. Her father had left them six months ago. He had said he needed to go find himself. Buffy knew bringing that up would only be hurtful to her mother.

“Mom, I’m just not in the mood to talk right now” Buffy sighed.

“I understand, I’ll call you when dinners ready” Joyce gave her daughter one last hug and walked out of the room.

Buffy laid on her bed staring at her ceiling. If only she could have gotten over her fears. It was only sex, people did it every day. Faith had done it many different times, with many different people. Even Willow, the self proclaimed bookworm, was not a virgin. She had lost her virginity at prom to her long time boyfriend Oz. Maybe if she were not a virgin anymore, Angel would want her back. Maybe she did need to be broken in. The question was, How did she learn and From who? Buffy knew who would have the answers- Faith.
 
By the time dinner was ready, Buffy was already in a better mood. Tonight would be lesson one on How to Seduce a Man. She was meeting Faith at The Bronze at 8, things were already starting to look up.

Walking in the kitchen, with a smile on her face Buffy greeted her mom. “Hi, Mom, what’s for dinner?” Buffy asked peeking over her mothers shoulder.

Joyce smiled at her daughter, relieved she was feeling better.
“I made your favorite, Chicken Cordon Bleu” her mother stated.

“MMM, smells good” Buffy said sitting at the table.

After dinner, as they were doing the dishes, Joyce paused and turned to Buffy. “Honey, I was going to wait to talk to you about this, but after everything that has happened today, I think it may be something your excited about” Joyce started.

“What is it mom” Buffy asked drying off her hands.

“Well, you know Mrs. Chase, the owner of the gallery” Buffy nodded.

“She has arranged for me to go on an extended buying trip. I would be gone for 8 weeks, and get to travel all around the world acquiring new pieces for the gallery, as well as her personal collection” Joyce paused trying to gage Buffy’s reaction.
Buffy could hardly believe her ears, 8 weeks, with the house all
to herself. Inside her head she was doing the snoopy dance. This would be perfect. Faith could help her all summer without her mother questioning her. Buffy tried to conceal the excitement in her voice.

“Mom, that sounds like a great opportunity for you, I know you have always wanted to travel” Buffy beamed.

“Really honey, your not upset, 8 weeks is a long time, I would hate to feel like I abandoned you in your time of need” Joyce said, concerned.

“No Mom!, this is a once in a lifetime for you and I wont mess it up. I promise to be very responsible and still obey curfew….”

Joyce cut her off “Whoa honey, I cant leave you here by yourself, your only sixteen. I called your Aunt Catherine and she said she would be more than happy for you to come visit her for the summer”

“WHAT!!!” Buffy exclaimed “Aunt Catherine lives on a farm in Iowa. There is No way I am spending the summer in some hick town milking cows! You have left me here before mom, PLEASE don’t do this to me !” Buffy pleaded with tears filling her eyes.

Joyce sighed “I cannot leave you here by yourself, I’m sorry. Besides, it may be good for you to get away from Angel, you know Out of sight, out of mind”

Buffy exploded “Well mom, that may work for you, but I don’t want to forget Angel, we will be together again. Until then, I don’t want to be away from my friends. I’m. Not. Going.”

Buffy ran out of the kitchen and up the stairs, once again slamming her door and collapsing on her bed crying.