Author's Chapter Notes:
I have written this as a series of letters telling the story. It's all human and different from anything i have written before. I hope you enjoy
Dear Dawnie,

Well here I am, all settled in the dorm. It feels like being back at boarding school. I am sharing the room with a lovely girl called Willow. She’s red haired, funny and very bright so tell mum I’ve already found someone to help if get stuck with the studying. I feel so lucky being able to spend a year in America and Sunnydale U is everything we were promised. I’ve met the Special Agents in charge of my security. Riley Finn is definitely your type, tall dark and handsome, however he’s more likely to fancy Xander!!. ‘Don’t ask, don’t tell’ comes to mind. However he will be in charge of the team looking after me. There’s Sam, she’s lovely and will be doing all the girly things and a couple of others around as well, who I get to meet next week.

It seems an awful lot of fuss, but the security here is taken much more seriously. You’d think I was Cousin James the way they panic over every little thing. It’s just like staying at the Palace with Aunty Liz and Uncle Charles. They say I’ve got to do some training in unarmed combat. I’m sorry, don’t tell mum, but I wound them up complaining that I’d break a nail, and I haven’t told them I’m a black belt. Next week should be fun…I’ve been given a panic button to press if I get into trouble and everything. It made me want to come home!

Anyway, there is a huge library with an Englishman called Rupert Giles in charge. I go tomorrow to get book lists and stuff from him.
I have a lovely room, with a sitting area and a small kitchenette. There are two bedrooms and a bathroom, but the walls are Dull. I can see me spending a lot of money on posters.

Sam will have the spare room across the hall so even at night I can’t escape the babysitter. At least she’s nice. Remember that awful Mrs. Walsh that came to be the housekeeper/ nannie, and only stayed a couple of weeks? She was dreadful wasn’t she? I was so glad when Mommy got rid of her. Anyway Sam is nice and she can cook as well.

Must go now; Willow has arrived to show me around the campus and introduce me to some people. Tell mum to watch the inbox and I’ll email her tomorrow.

Oh and by the way, please address letters to Miss Buffy Summers, not Lady Elizabeth Summers. I’ve not told everyone and want to keep it quiet its not like Oxford where there are others with better titles And I don’t want to appear a show-off; there are enough of those around here as it is.

Buffy










Dear Mum,
Thank you. I know I don’t say it often enough, but thanks. Especially after I found the credit card. Don’t worry, I won’t go silly, but it will really help. Last night Willow and I went to a club called the Bronze. We had a great time. Soft drinks only, as I’m underage here. 19 is underage; that seems very odd to me. I run a business that has a brewery as part of it, but can’t drink over here. How stupid is that, even if drink and Buffy are unmixy things.

Anyway I’m being really well looked after by security; there was a guy called Parker who asked me to dance. Well we were just dancing when his hands seem to get everywhere. Then he tried to kiss me and grab my arse. I said no…lots; but the guy seemed to go really deaf so I left him and went back to the table. Willow, Anya and Faith and I went to the dance floor about 10 minutes later and he followed us. Grabbed me and tried to kiss me again and wouldn’t back off. Yuck. I pressed the panic button as Faith pulled him off of me him and in ran Riley and co, guns drawn and arrested him and a couple of others who had joined in with the fight. It spoiled the atmosphere somewhat. The band stopped and all the lights went on which disturbed the odd couple here and there and I thought my cover would be blown but Riley pretended that they were being arrested for something else, which was really neat of him. They are being done for drunk and disorderly. I just hope Faith and Willow will forgive me for not telling all. Help mom, you’re the American. How do I play it?






Dear Mum,
Hi, well I’m turning Californian. After 19 years you finally have another American in the family. I’ve had my hair done. See photo. All blonde now. What do you think? How is everything at home?

I did what you suggested and invited everyone in the group out for a meal and explained everything. About the Title, the castle, my duty, everything. Luckily they understood and the questions were more along the lines of ‘how old did you say your house was?’ The answer of 800 years really gave them the Wiggins. And ‘What is your full name?’, ‘And do you have any family?’, ‘And are you really related to the King and Queen?’… I think it freaked them a bit when I referred to Aunt Liz and Uncle Charles. So I seem to have met ‘good people.’

I’ve met a girl doing business studies called Anya She’s a friend of Willow’s and is very outspoken. But wonderful.

She and I have chatted about some ideas for keeping Traymour Castle going financially. A £2million repair bill has to be paid for some how. Some of the ideas seem really good and I will talk to you later when I’m home about us putting them into action.

Willow is into witchcraft so I can’t wait to show her around if she comes over with me next summer. Do you think she’ll like the stone circles? I think she’d like Tara too. How’s Tara doing at college? Teacher training going well, I hope. Thanks for helping her out with that. In her last letter she said that she’d signed up to do at least three years in the village school. So I’ll see her lots when I’m home.

Faith is a ‘bad girl’ at least that’s what she pretends. But heart of gold is true as well, studying psychology ‘if you’re as mixed up as me you should at least know why’J~

Giles is a sweetie. He seems to be a father figure to a lot of the students here. Although there are councillors everywhere he is always there for a chat. Willow and Faith have known him for years. And from what I can gather he has always been the same. He recognised me from some publicity we did for the castle last year and I had to ask him not to keep calling me ‘my lady.’

Studying this afternoon, so I’m being good. Must go.

Buffy

Dear Tara,
Thanks for the letter and I’m glad college is going so well. I have NEWS.
I went to the library yesterday, and yes I do know what they are for, and met the librarian’s nephew. William Giles.

He is gorgeous. Brown curls and the bluest eyes you have ever seen. He has a degree in English lit, specialising in the Victorian romantic poets. He’s over here doing some research for his PhD and plays in a band. We are going out tomorrow night for dinner so I’ll let you know how things go.
Buffy




Dear Tara,
Things went great; even if he drives a beat up old Desoto .I’m seeing him again on Friday for a party at one of the Frat houses…after test hell. His Uncle is a poppet as well; every time we embarrass him he takes his glasses off to clean them. I think I’m falling head over heels in love and wishing you were here to share.

It seems like a lifetime since we’ve had a girls' night in. I really miss them. A good DVD a bottle of nail polish and just gossiping the whole time. Do you remember when Xander broke in on us and found us both with face packs on? I’m still not sure who screamed loudest. Him or us. He swore that we were demons out to get him.

Will write more soon. Willow is telling me its time for study group.
Buffy