Author's Chapter Notes:
.
Spike and Buffy sat in a dance club in Paris. The two had been through a lot. Six months ago Buffy had a slayer dream that directed her to the showdown between Angel's gang and Wolfram and Hart. Buffy and the slayer army arrived just in time to save the remaining members of Angel's gang including Spike. After the battle was over, Buffy commenced to play a game of kick the Spike as his punishment for not letting her know he was undead again.

The violence was subsequently followed by her weeping, him apologizing, and their restart of a relationship. Buffy's time without Spike left her with no doubts that she loved him, and once he understood that he dropped his insecurities.

Spike went back to Rome with Buffy, and they finally achieved the kind of relationship that had eluded them all their lives or unlife in Spike's case. Professionally, they worked hard to further refine the training of the new Watcher Council?s army of slayers, and now they were taking a well-deserved holiday in Paris.

This was Buffy's first time in Paris, and the two had been taking in the city's beauty by moonlight. Overflowing with vacation energy, they decided to hit a club. After dancing they were sitting back and starting to wind down the night when suddenly they heard a familiar voice.

"Blondiebear? "

The couple looked around as they saw a smiling Harmony in a stupid looking beret.

"Hello Harmony," said Buffy.

As Harmony saw that Spike was with someone and who that someone was her smile started to fade and she said "Oh, I see you finally went to see the Slayer."

Spike spoke up barely showing tolerance to her presence, "She actually came to see me."

"Well, I hope you two are having fun in Paris, this is my first time." Harmony said trying to hide the sadness that could be seen in her expressions.

"Mine too," said Buffy with a smile trying to make the situation more upbeat.

After a pause, Harmony said "Well I just wanted to say hello, I guess I will see you guys around."

"Good to see you again Harmony," said Buffy while thinking that was a strange thing to say to someone who was a vamp especially one who had kidnapped her sister. However, she had heard that Harmony had started blood bagging it a long time ago in order to fit better into the corporate secretarial world. Even if that had not been true she was not going to create a scene in the club especially with a woman who looked so sad.

As Harmony was walking away, Buffy watched her. Harmony sat down at the bar across the room, and once her drink came she seemed to be trying to hold back some tears.

Spike in his usual sensitive manner said, "Well I am glad that stupid bint didn't stay to talk our ears off."

"Spike, that girl is hurting seeing us together, I think you should be a little more sensitive?."said Buffy.

"I don't care want that bird thinks, if she is capable of thinking." said Spike.

"Spike, you used her more than once without thinking anything of her feelings, and I even heard you tried you use her again the minute you became corporeal." said Buffy.

"That wanker Angel tell you that, well so what?" said Spike. He felt a touch of worry that Buffy would use that bit of knowledge against him.

"Well, how did you like it when I used you?" said Buffy.

Suddenly Spikes arrogant expression changed. He became silent as he thought before he spoke again.

"Alright Slayer, you got a point, what do you want me to do?" said Spike in a surrendering manner.

"Have you ever apologized to the her?" said Buffy.

Spike was silent. He knew what Buffy was suggesting was the right thing to do, but he was not looking forward to it.

"You win, just give me a minute to think about what I am going to say. This goes against my nature." said Spike.

"Take your time, Big Bad, just make sure you do it before she leaves." said Buffy with a smile.

After a few minutes, Spike walked over to Harmony.

"Hey Harm." said Spike.

"Hello Spike." said Harmony as she looked up from her drink with a weak smile.

"Listen the Slayer got me thinking about something, she helped me to do a lot of that over the last few years." said Spike and then he paused. As he paused he noticed that Harmony did not want to hear more about Buffy.

Spike continued "I have never told you that I am sorry for the way I treated you over the years. You were always loving toward me, and you didn?t deserve the apathy or scorn that I showed you. You especially didn't deserve the attempted staking." He saw Harmony cringe. "I knew we were never meant to be." He saw her cringe again, but quickly continued. "I should have considered your feelings and not led you on. I know what it is like to be on the receiving end of that, and I am truly sorry that I did any of that to you. You deserved better, and I just want you to know that."

Harmony was silent for a moment showing a bittersweet expression. When she spoke again it was with not as sad as before, but not joyous either.

"Thanks, Spike, the Slayer really has had a positive effect on you." said Harmony.

"You have no idea how much, Harm." said Spike with a smile meant to lighten the mood.

There was silence before Harmony spoke again.

"Well, don't leave her waiting, plus I guess I should be looking for a guy myself since that is why I came in here." Harmony said with smile that took effort.

Spike smiled and said, "You are and always have been a beautiful girl, the guys will be chatting you up as soon as I leave." He scanned the crowd trying to see if anyone was already checking her out. Then he spoke again.

"In fact Harm, there is already a bloke checking you out and I know that guy from somewhere. Look over there Harm, see the guy with the dark hair and the blue shirt. He was definitely checking you out, he turned away we he saw me look his way. How do I know him? Oh yeah, his name is Russel, he was an Australian tourist that got vamped thirty years ago. He was one of my minions back when Dru and I lived in Paris. You two should get along great, he was dumb as a ..." Spike paused as he caught himself and Harmony gave him a questioning look. "You and him should have a lot in common." he continued. "Do you want me to send him over ?"

Harmony perked up and said "That would be great."

"Harm just remember, I fight with the Slayer on the side of good now, so if we catch either of you enjoying the Crepes on Legs we will have to dust the offender."

"Oh, Spike don't worry, I still get my blood out of a bag, lot less hassle for a woman in the corporate world. I bet I could get him to do the same if we click." said Harmony.

Spike smiled and said, "I am a firm believer in the ability of a woman to help redeem a man. I'll go ahead and send him over."

"Thanks Spike." said Harmony with excitement.

"You are welcome, Harm." said Spike with a warm smile.

Spike went over and talked to Russell who quickly went down to sit with Harmony. The two mental giants seemed to really hit it off and soon were on the dance floor with smiles on their faces. In the meantime, Spike returned to Buffy who had been watching the whole thing.

"I am proud of you William the Bloody." said Buffy.

"Why is that?" said a smiling Spike wanting to be praised.

"You evidently apologized to her by the looks on your faces and you even set her up with another guy to help her move on. We not going to have to kill him are we?" said Buffy with a half joking expression.

"She said she thinks she can convince him to blood bag it, and I do believe in the positive influence of women." said Spike with a coy smile.

"Is that so?" said Buffy ready for some praise of her own.

"Luv, I may have a soul, but you still continue to help make me a better man." said Spike.

Buffy smiled and said, "I love you."

Spike gave a similar reply. Buffy and Spike kissed and walked out of the club hand in hand while heading for their hotel.

The End.