Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first time posting on this site so PLEASE review me. Im planning on making it alot longer so if you like it dont worry I dont plan on ending the story any time soon.
"MOM SPIKES DOING IT AGAIN!" Buffy screamed as she ran down the stairs.

"What has poor William done to upset you now?" Joyce replied calmly. Ever since she signed up to house a boarding student and William Thorton had arrived from England it had been one silly fight after another. Personally she thought that the poor British teen was going to jump on the first flight home. Even if it cost him his right leg to get there.

"HE'S....HE'S......HE'S BEING TO QUIET!" Buffy said pouting.

Joyce rolled her eyes, "First you complain he's listening to music too loud, then you complain he's playing his guitar too loud and now your complaining he's being too quiet?"

"um.....yeah" Buffy said uncertainly.

Just then spike started descending the stairs."Mom shush." Buffy added in fright. She didn't know exactly what she told her mother that she didn't want her mother to tell Spike but for some reason she didn't want him knowing she was talking about him at all.

Buffy kept her back to him as Joyce looked up and said, "Goodmorning William."

Spike looked up, "Morning Joyce." For some reason she was the only person he allowed to call him by his real name. He had only been here a few weeks and he already had a reputation at school for punching a kids face in if they dared mention his real name. Unless they were girls of course then he would just give them an evil glare and insult them till they left him alone.

Giving in to temptation Buffy finally looked up at Spike who was wearing nothing but a pair of loose fitting pajama pants. It sure didn't take him long to feel right at home here. Buffy's mouth watered at the sight of his lean muscular chest. She wondered how his skin was so pale especially in the light of the sun streaming through the kitchen window. It caught his bleached blonde hair in such a way that it seemed like his hair was white. These thoughts had been filtering through her head ever since he walked through the door. But Buffy knew where she stood in the highschool date chain. Goths dated Goths, Geeks dated Geeks, Jocks dated Jock's, Lead Cheerleader dated captain of foot ball team etc. Well actually that was kind of a lie she really had no clue where she stood. She had the chance to be popular but she hung out with geeks and was way to shy. But maybe that could change.

Spike felt Buffy's eyes on him and for some reason he couldn't decide if he minded or not. After all the girl was bloody adorable if he was feeling especially truthful to his buds. Way more than that if he was being truthful to himself. To him she seemed without any cause shy. She was beautiful and had a perfect body which had actually wormed its way into a lot of his most recent fantasies. To go on she had the most enchanting hazel eyes he had ever seen and her pout had changed his mind on several occasions. Of course she hadn't used it on him yet but just seeing that bottom lip come out as a weapon against all fools who dare even trying to not let her get her way in the first place.

Shaking herself out of her thoughts and unrealized stare Buffy quickly jumped to cover her tracks, "You know you could at least wear a shirt if your gonna be walking around the house." She silently hoped he wouldn't listen to her.

"I wouldn't dream of hiding my perfect body from your ever present inspection." He replied with a smirk.

Thank god Buffy thought,"In your dreams Spike like I actually take the time to stare at you." She replied defensivly at being caught.

"That's not EXACTLY what m'dreams are made of but your getting kind o'close." He said blue eyes twinkling.

Joyce just watched the banter continue between the two. This was going to be one long year.


***********************************************************a few hours later****************************************

"Can you believe his nerve Wills?" Buffy lay on her bed complaining to her best friend.

"No Buffy I absolutely cannot believe for one second that Spike had the nerve to be quiet this morning." Willow Rosenburg said in one of her rare sarcastic moments.

Of course Buffy completely missed it and said, "I know! That's what I've been saying all along." Causing Willow to roll her eyes.
"Any way what's the plan for tonight?"

"Im thinking of going to the Bronze that band that that Oz guy I met is playing there tonight." She said enthusiastically.

"Sounds great Wills What times the show?" Buffy said already thinking about what she's gonna wear. She was definately planning to forego her usual shy attire.

"Um...around 8 im geussing."

"Okay see you there!" After both saying bye Buffy jumped up and headed to the kitchen.

Once there she opened the refridgerator door and started searching for something to eat.

"Hungry luv?" Spike said from his perch leaning over the stove.

Buffy yelped as she jumped and hit her head on the freezer door. "Oh my freaking God you scared me!" She said rubbing her head.

"Sorry pet. You want something to eat?" He was starving so he was making stew...not that he would tell a soul outside this house that he knew how to cook.

She sniffed the air and peered around his shoulder. All the sudden her stomach could be heard rumbling throughout the tile kitchen.

He chuckled "I'll take that as a yeah."

"Sorry. I haven't eaten all day." She said apoligetically holding her stomach.

"And why the bloody hell not?" Spike asked suprised.

"I've been on the phone with Willow all morning." Buffy said embarrased that-that could cause her to forget to eat.

Spike looked at her seriously,"You better be careful Buffy. Or your going to end up collapsing."

Buffy suprised he actually used her name rather than the British endearments he usually used. She looked down shyly."I'll be more careful."

"Good." He stated then added to lighten the mood."So what's on the agenda for tonight?"

"Bronzing with Wills there's some band playing tonight and she has a crush on the guitarist." As she said this Buffy started to think. We may fight alot but its really nice to talk to him. Im so at ease.

God could she be a pain in the backside sometimes but I sure do love listening to her prattle on. "Do you mind if I tag along? I wanna check out this band your talking bout."

"Um...yeah...sure...that'd be nice." Buffy said as she got up and walked to her room food once more forgotten for some reason her outfit choice just got alot more important.