Author's Chapter Notes:
Here I am again...

((Charactor thoughts are in these))
The Before and After Effect

Inspired by ‘There’s a Reason These Tables are Numbered Honey…’ By Panic! at the Disco and ‘The Breakfast Club’

1613 Revello Drive, Sunnydale California

((On three…))

((One…))

William took in a shaky breath of cool air that ranked of Clorox. His hands tightened their grip on his rough jean pants that restricted his movements so that when he walked his underwear got stuck between his cheeks. He felt naked without his signature brown wool jacket. Anticipation… this was the moment he’d been waiting for. He knew that when he opened his eyes everything would change.

((Two…))

With the help of his mate Xander he accomplished what he would have normally frowned upon. He was breaking out of his cocoon and turning into a butterfly - well, as manly and sexy as a butterfly could be. With the death of both his parents - Ethan and Drusilla - he hardened and there wasn’t much William left on the inside. The clothes didn’t match the pessimistic attitude. The name William only fit tweed clad mama’s boys. It wouldn’t suit a rebel man. Man! - key word! Not boy. This school year he’s coming back as a man.

((Three…))

He would have opened his eyes and looked into the mirror but fear hit him. William was a wonderful boy. No matter how horrible someone was he offered kindness. He was the smartest student his school had ever had and even got excepted in both Harvard and Princeton. William wasn’t bad… So why did he have to go?

He opened his blue eyes and stared at the mirror. This wasn’t William. He shook his head and his almost white hair shined give him the halo effect. He black tee accentuated his newly developed muscles and his porcelain skin was free of any blemishes. All the girls would be swooning over him and they wouldn’t mind if they shared him. The new him would be able to act like a jock and get away with it. The new him…

He then knew why William had to go… It was time to make room for Spike.


1630 Revello Drive, Sunnydale California

It wasn’t her in the mirror. It couldn’t be. The mirror company must have switched her mirror with on from the Hall of Mirrors at the fair. The her staring back wasn’t the shy brunette child that she’d known for seventeen years. The woman staring back at her wasn’t the blushing girl that hid behind frumpy large sweatshirts and baggy jeans. The new her had a wonderful head of golden blond hair that didn’t cover her always-watching eyes. Her clothes were more racy than they’d been before but not in a slutty way and for once in her life she didn’t care if people looked at her body. Actually, she cared. But in a good way. All of her shyness left with the warm days of summer and now it was fall. Time for Buffy Summers to break out of her shell and have all the guys panting at her feet.

She straitened her silky blue tank top and put on her new backpack. The new Buffy Anne Summers made her way out of her bathroom and headed downstairs to get some breakfast.


Sunnydale High, Sunnydale California

(Spike’s POV)
Spike sauntered into his first period and leaned against the door once it shut all the way. As he lifted his fingers to his lips he took one last drag of his cigarette. He pulled the cancer-stick from his lips and threw it on the cheap off white linoleum flooring. He lifted his combat boots and slammed them down on the bud; making the light go away. He looked up an his set of eyes were met by twenty others. Each of the others mirrored one another; eyes wide and lips in a large ‘O’. He looked over to the teachers desk and realized that the teacher hadn’t noticed him yet.

((Oh, I’ll get his attention))

Spike pushed himself off the wall with a boot and strolled to an unoccupied desk in the back. He almost sat with his feet securely under the desk but then he dropped the ten-pound boot-clad feet onto the desk with a loud thud. A blonde girl in front of his jumped at the surprising noise and slowly turned around.

Spike caught himself staring at the most stunning woman he’d ever seen. He’d never seen her before so he suspected that she was new but something deep within him told him that she wasn’t new.

“’ello, Pet.” He said, mustering up some courage. She didn’t say anything to him for several seconds and then she blushed a deep red.

“Um… Hi.” She said with fake confidence, then neither knew what to say. A tapping noise broke them from their thoughts and both looked up at the teacher.

“Miss Summers and Mister….” Mr. Morella scolded, waiting for Spike to state his name. Spike and Buffy exchanged a glance then looked back at the teacher.

“M’names Spike.” He said with a strong British accent, causing all of the girls and three guys in the back to sigh.

“Well, Mister Spike,” The teacher, Richard Morella, said sarcastically, mocking Spikes accent.

“Yeah, Dick?” Spike asked raising his scarred brow.

“You seem like a nice young man and I’m sure that…” He tightened his hand into a firm fist, “… You’ll behave properly.”

Spike looked down at the older mans fist and them back up at him, “Is that a threat?”

The teacher turned to leave, but before he continued down the isle, he stated with a glare, “Oh, It’s more than that, It’s a promise.” He turned and when he wasn’t looking Spike flipped him off Brit style. Spike looked back at the blonde beauty that had been called Miss Summers.

((Wait? Summers… Elizabeth Summers? That’s her? I guess I’m not the only person that got revamped.))

William couldn’t help but think about how much he was imitating the people he once despised. And Elizabeth looked just like the girls that once used to sicken him with their preppy attitude and high maintenance needs… Then why was he getting hard just staring at the back of her head, listening to an old bald guy talk about the difference between Ribonucleic acid and Deoxyribonucleic acid.

((This was definitely going to be a long school year.))


Sunnydale High, Sunnydale California

(Buffy’s POV)
How was she suppose to pay attention to the lesson with the new boy, Mister Mc-Hottie-Hottie sitting right behind her? She tried to close her eyes and push the bad thoughts out of her mind but she breathed in a scent that was just so Spike.

((Spike… I wonder if that’s his real name? Would his mother really name him Spike? I don’t think so… Maybe it’s a nickname… mmm, but the question is where did he get the nickname from… Oh, no! Bad Buffy thoughts, bad slutty Buffy thoughts, bad bad slutty virgin Buffy thoughts. VIRGIN! Hence I shouldn’t be thinking these bad things…Icky things that include mouths and tongues and slender fingers and a big… make that very big…))

“What was that, Love?” She heard him say from behind her. She turned around fast and came face to face with the bluest eyes shed ever seen. She blushed a deep shade of red when she realized that she said some of that aloud, “You said ‘slender fingers and a very big‘…”

“I did?” She squeaked loudly. He smiled as she thought of an excuse was. Truth was, he’d heard everything she said. At his nod she said, “I said a very…a very big problem. My fingers…are too small for a very big ring….” She looked back at the teacher who was glaring at both Spike and Buffy.

Spike nodded and leaned back into his seat. A smug smile appeared on his face as he once again stared at her thick golden hair.

((Mmm, I wonder what that hair would feel like with my hands running through it… BAD SPIKE THOUGHTS… NO!))

AN: Was it an okay chapter? Please tell me... Please? If it's crap can you review anyways and tell me how I can improve?