Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic, so leave a review and tell me if you like it or not.
Disclaimer: The characters from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are owned by Joss Whedon, Mutant Enemy, and Fox studios. This story is not meant to infringe upon anyone's rights, only to entertain.



Buffy awoke early that morning, it was the morning of her first day of her last year of high school, and she was so excited. She couldn’t wait to finish high school, everything there was so full of drama, and she couldn’t stand it.

She was just getting out of bed, when someone knocked on the door, and Joyce, Buffy’s mom, popped her head in. “I’m already up Mom.” Buffy said.

“Oh ok, I was just checking.” Joyce said and as she closed the door, she called out. “Breakfast in twenty.”

“Got it Mom.” Buffy said, and rushed to take a shower, after her shower she dried and straightened her hair, until it was pin straight, the way Angel liked it most.

Liam Angel, or Angel as he was called. He was her boyfriend, since freshman year, and she loved him so much, she couldn’t see her life without him. They were meant for each other. She was the captain of the cheerleading team and he was captain of the football team, a match seemingly made in heave, but they were having some problems. Angel’s lack of interest in sex, was a main one. Buffy blamed it all on herself.

Still wrapped in her towel, she opened her closest and looked for an outfit to wear. After much deliberating, she finally decided on a pair of dark jeans, white sandals and her light pink Guess shirt.

She hurriedly got dressed and headed downstairs. She walked into her kitchen, where her mom was making French toast, her favorite. “Mhmm….smells yummy.” Buffy said and sat down at counter, as Joyce set a plate of French toast in front of her.

Buffy took all of two bites, when they heard a car beep from outside. “That’s Xander,” Buffy said and got up, glad that she had an excuse not to eat.

She scraped her plate in the trash and put it in the sink, then she kissed her mom on the cheek. “Love you mom! Thanks for the breakfast!” She said and hurried out the door.

“Hey Xander, Anya.” Buffy called as she walked down the steps, not noticing the blonde in the back.

“Hey Buffy!” Anya, Xander’s girlfriend, called back to her. “Did you and Angel have good sex at my party last night?” Anya asked. Anya had no shame whatsoever.

“Anya!” Xander said.

“What?” She asked, unabashed.

“Remember that talk we had?” He asked her, as Buffy stood outside the car, smiling at the couple.

She sighed. “Yes…..” she looked back at Buffy, “I’m sorry for the rude questions.” She said, sighing again.

Buffy laughed. “Don’t worry about it Anya.”

“Get your ass in the car Blondie! We’re gonna be late.” A voice came from the backseat, a voice that she’d know from anywhere.

Spike leaned his head out of the car. “Move it.”

Buffy sighed angrily as she got into the car, she couldn’t stand Spike. Not since, well ever. He had always been an annoying jackass. Now here she was sitting next to him, on the first last day of her high school career.

“What are you doing here bleach boy?” Buffy asked him.

He smirked at her, “I’m just here to enjoy your company sweet thing.” Knowing pet names, annoyed the hell out of her, and that was his favorite past time, she looked so bloody beautiful when he did it.

It was no secret that Spike Giles was in love with Buffy, the only one who didn’t know it was Buffy. Even Drusilla, Spike’s longtime girlfriend knew. She didn’t care though, she didn’t give a damn what Spike did, he didn’t even know why they were even dating anymore. They had very little in common.

Angel, Buffy’s longtime boyfriend, knew about it, and he loved to rub it in Spike’s face, that he got the one thing that Spike wanted more than anything. One of the many reasons Spike hated Angel’s guts.

Spike had been in love with Buffy, since he had first moved to Sunnydale, in the middle of his freshman year. He had first seen her walking across the courtyard, she was with a pretty redhead, but he couldn’t take his eyes off of her. She was so stunning. He was about to go up to her and talk to her, when a tall dark guy walked up to her, wrapped his arms around her and kissed her. His dreams were shattered in that one moment.

From that moment on, everything and anything he did revolved around her. He even became friends with her friends, just to be close to her, but she never warmed up to him, he didn’t know why.

Spike shook himself out of his thoughts as Xander started driving to the school, him and Anya bickering the whole way. He looked over at Buffy sitting in the back next to him, silently looking out the window, no doubt unhappy with the seating arrangement.


Buffy kept looking out the window, completely ignoring Spike, even though she could tell he had his eye on her. Ugh, what’s his problem? Why is he even riding with us? He has his stupid Desota or whatever its called.

Buffy turned to Spike, “You didn’t answer my question.”

“And what is that love?” Buffy shuddered at that.

“Why are you riding with us?” She asked.

“Because my Desoto wouldn’t start this morning.”

“Oh.” She said simply.

In truth, the Desoto would start, he just wanted to see her, without the Poofter. Which was very rare, except as of late. But he still wanted to see her, no matter the case.


“We’re here!” Xander said, not at all happy about being back in school.

“Oh Xander cheer up!” Anya said. “We can have sex in between periods, like we did last year.”

“Anya!”

“Oops….sorry.” She grinned at him.

Buffy and Spike started laughing from the backseat, and the couple in the front, turned around and looked at them. “What?” They asked in unison.

Buffy shook her head and Spike said, “Nothing.”

“Oh,” the couple said and turned around.

“Ugh….here we go.” Buffy said, and they all got out of the car.

They all headed up the front steps of the building, and into the building they went, they headed to Buffy’s locker first, where she was hoping Angel would be, but he wasn’t. She tried not to let her disappointment show, but Spike saw it.


“So what class do we have first?” Asked Willow, who had just walked up to the small group, with her boyfriend Oz. Willow was always the one to be excited about school.

“Um…Well I have English first, how bout you?” Buffy asked the group.

“Not us,” Anya said, “Xander and I have History.”

“Oh darn!” Willow said, “I have Psychology ,” she turned to Oz. “What do you have?”

“Calculus.” He stated simply.

Willow turned to Spike, “What do you have Spike?”

“English.” He turned to Buffy and grinned.