Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first story here. I've always read fics from here and now I'm finally posting a story. This story actually happened...to me. The names and places are different of course. But other than that, the story is real. The ending will be made up because my own real life story hasn't ended. Sorry if it isn't up to your standards. I tried my best. Enjoy. :]
It all started in the beginning eighth grade, Elizabeth, also known as Buffy, was hanging out with friends during lunch period. Willow, one of buffy's best friends noticed Buffy staring off in the distance. Curious to what her friend was staring at, she followed Buffy's gaze. She soon fell upon a boy who she knew went by the name of Spike. After friends with Buffy for such a long time, she knew what that gaze meant.

"Buffy, I can see you staring at Spike Giles. Do you like him or something?" she accused.

"Uh, no...of course not. I was just staring at the...trees..they're so beautiful this time of year, " Buffy countered.

"Come on... I've known you for years now. I can tell when you're lying and plus, I know that stare."

Who was Buffy kidding? She did like Spike. But they never talked. They had the same math class, but they never exchanged more than a simple "hello". She started to notice him when her other best friend Cordelia, who had a flirty side, sat next to him in math class. Being best friends they always exchanged notes and asked Spike to help them pass it along.

Being the unofficial "messenger boy", Spike started to notice Cordelia's friend Buffy. Sure, Cordelia always flirted with him and she was very beautiful, but she was to forthcoming. He liked Buffy's mysteriousness and how she laughed at things that weren't even funny. She was also beautiful, but in a different way than Cordelia. So as time went by, Spike wanted to get to know Buffy more and more. But she seemed to close off and not want to talk to him.

Buffy was confused. Spike actually made an effort to talk to her. She didn't know why. Cordelia was always flirting with him, but then again she was so much prettier than her and more out there. She knew she could be very outgoing, but Spike made her so nervous. She just froze up when he talked to her. She had no clue what to say or if she did say something she would just say something stupid. She finally made up her mind. She would open up to him.

The next few weeks, Buffy and Spike talked more and more. Cordelia knowing her friend took a liking to him, was glad she finally found someone. Buffy was always moping around from her breakup from Riley. They were in love for 3 years. Yes they were young, but the look they had on their faces when they saw each other, you just knew they were in love. Then Buffy had to move for a year. And when she came back, Riley had moved on. Of course, Buffy hadn't. She was still in love when she came back and seeing him with other girls just devastated her. She tried talking to him, but it was just so awkward. So seeing her blush when Spike cracked a joke was refreshing. She needed someone new.

It was another day in school and another lunch period. Buffy and her besties, Willow, Cordelia and Xander were out back on the field eating their lunch. Willow wanting to discuss Buffy's growing crush with her decided that now was the time.

So getting straight to the point Willow asked,"So when are you going to ask out Spike Giles?"

"Oh Willow, you know I don't think girls should ask out guys and besides I don't have the guts to do it," she said.

"Well you know I'm a good friend of his. Maybe I can put the idea into his head or something."

Horrified, Buffy exclaimed,"God no! Then he would know that I like him!"

"And that would be a bad thing...why?" Willow asked.

"Because I don't want him to know. It would be so awkward if I talked to him."

Not wanting to press the issue any more Willow dropped it. But she has a few tricks
up her sleeves.





The next day at school Willow caught Spike after school and asked if they could talk.

"So what's up Willow?"

"Well I just wanted to let you know that I know someone who has a crush one you."

"Really? Is it Cordelia? She always flirting with me, but I gotta say I'm not interested in her."

"I'm not saying any more..."

And with that Willow walked away leaving a very confused Spike behind.




The following morning Buffy, Willow, and Cordelia were walking into to school when Spike went up to their group.

"Come on Willow. Just tell me who it is!"

Cordelia caught on knowing Willow's plan for she has to Cordelia on the phone the night before. As for Buffy, it took her a little longer to catch on.
"Tell you what?" Willow responded.

"Tell me who likes me!"

And with that Buffy's cheeks were beet red with embarrassment. How could Willow do that! She specifically told her not to tell him.

"You're going to have to guess, Bleach Boy."

"Oh bloody hell! There are too many girls in this school..."

"Well then you better get started."

As the days went by Spike went up to Willow with all the girls he could think of. HE had not gotten it right yet. Finally seeing as he got desperate, Willow decided to give him a hint.

"It's one of my closest friends and her name starts with either A, B, or C."

"So it's Buffy or Cordelia."

"Yep."

"Why can't you just tell me which one it is?"

"Because I don't want them to get hurt. Tell me how you feel about each one and I might tell you."

"Well, I already told you how I feel about Cordelia. But Buffy...shes's amazing. She's just so alluring and mysterious. I want to get to know her. She's also beautiful and smart. But she doesn't seem interested in me."

Willow took a deep breath. "Well, she is. She's just shy and afraid. She gets like that when she's nervous."

Spike was speechless. This whole time she liked him. He just thought she wasn't interested. Turned out she was nervous. And he had been nervous the whole time too!

"Wow. That's great. I mean I want to her ask her out. But how? I want to do something creative..."

"I thought you would never ask," Willow said with a big smile.









-Well there it is. My first chapter. Hope you guys liked it.
Please leave reviews. They make me write faster.
Oh and by the way I need a beta. Any volunteers?