Author's Chapter Notes:
Okay, i have about as much a clue as to whats going on as you all do, so please bare with me and review, review, review!
“You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in the court of law. You have the right to an attorney. If you can not afford an attorney one will be appointed to you.” Officer Carson recited to his newest arrests. “Do you understand these rights?” He got a mumbled reply. “I’ll take that as a yes.” “We didn’t do anything.” Buffy said from the back seat of the patrol car. Carson laughed. “Right. We just pulled you over for no reason.” Carson said. “You did! You bloody pillock!” Spike said. Carson went to look up at him from the rearview, but Spike made it look like he moved out of the way. “I don’t know what a…pillock is, but my guess is that it’s not nice.” Carson said. Spike rolled his eyes. “Listen, Officer,” Buffy scouted up the seat toward the cage. “We didn’t hear you. We weren’t…paying attention And do you even know who we are?” Buffy asked. Carson snorted. “No nor do I care.” Buffy groaned and sat back. Spike gave her a look. “And this is the world you died to save.” She gave him a look as well.

***************

L.A. Angel’s office…….

“Now what?” Dawn asked from the phone. “Now we need to get to work to get them out of this. Plus, we need to give Spike an identity.” Angel said. “Right, ‘cause if they find the old Spike they’ll find out that he’s over 100 years old.” Cordelia said getting up. “Not exactly.” Angel said. “What do you mean?” Joyce asked from the phone. “In our time we didn’t have fingerprints. So Spike won’t even exist.” Angel said. “But he has a car under his name…that is his name right?” Cordelia asked. “Yes, it’s his name, but that’s it. He just has a car under his name. He has no birth certificate, no finger prints, plus he’s dead. If they start looking for his records then-” “Then they’ll think he’s an illegal immigrant and ship him back to England with or without the charges.” Giles finished. “Exactly.” Angel said.

“So how do we do that?” Gunn asked. “We need to gather up a lot of paper work and fake documents.” Angel said. “Like we did for you.” Wesley said. “Exactly. But his has to be closer to the truth than mine.” Angel went behind his desk and grabbed notepad and started to write quickly. His team got up and came over to his desk. “What are you doing?” Fred asked. “Making a list of the important stuff about Spike’s life.” Angel said.

“What about a lawyer?” Joyce said. “We have to wait until they call for one, we can’t just go down there.” Gunn said. “Yea, we’ll wait, but if I know Buffy she’ll call us.” Angel said, not looking up from the notepad.

“What do you want us to do?” Giles asked. Angel sighed and stopped writing. “Go see her. Tell her that we’re working on it…I don’t know. Maybe we can build a case of how good they are and can’t be locked up. Or at least they can be on parole.” Angel said. “Will they go for that?” Willow asked. “I have no clue. I’m just playing this by ear.” Angel said. “Okay, we’re call you if we get any news.” Giles said. They all said bye then Joyce and Giles hung up.

“Man, I can’t believe their going to jail.” Gunn said. “Not if we can help it.” Lorne said. Angel smiled.

*******************

Sunnydale Police Station……….

Spike and Buffy were led into the police station to be printed and recorded. Buffy and Spike shared a glance as they inked Spike’s hand and started to print him. Both of them hoped that the cops wouldn’t look for them. “Name?” asked a black female cop. “Buffy Summers.” “Full name.” “Buffy Anne Summers.” The cop gave Buffy a ‘don’t push it’ look as she wrote down Buffy’s name. Then she turned to Spike. “Name?” “Spike.” He said. She gave him a ‘yea right’ look. “It’s my name, okay? If you don’t like it then you can bloo-” “Spike.” Buffy warned. He looked at her and rolled his eyes. “William James Rayne the third. But my name is Spike.” She wrote his name down. Carson re-cuffed them. “Hey, we get a call right?” Buffy asked. Carson sighed. “Now?” he asked. “Uh, yea!” “Fine, come on.” He led them to the office desk. “I need a hand.” Buffy said. Carson uncuffed one of her hands. She reached for the phone and dialed the a number. Spike had no clue who she was calling until-

“Wolfram and Hart, Angel’s office, how may I help you?” Harmony’s voice answered. Spike groaned. “Pet, no!” He hissed. “Harmony it’s Buffy. Is Angel there?” “Hold on.” Harmony said in a different, but annoyed tone. Buffy looked at Spike and rolled her eyes. Carson watched them. “Luv, don’t call Angel!” Spike hissed. “The bloody ponce will be just dancin’ his non-dancin’ arse around!” “Shush!” He growled at her and she gave him a warning look.

“Hello?” “Angel?” “Yea.” “Oh thank God!” “Buffy?” “Yea! You will not believe what just happened.” Buffy said. “You and Spike got arrested.” Spike snorted. “Yea, how’d you know?” Buffy asked. “Because it’s all over the damn news!!! There is live footage of the chase in over 3 countries! Buffy what were you thinking?!” Angel said.

“Hey! I wasn’t the one that was driving!” Spike gave her a look. “Mostly.” Buffy said in a smaller voice. “But that’s not why I called. We need a lawyer.” “I know.” “Okay, so you’re a law firm right? Lawyer us up.” “Buffy we’re in L.A.! We can’t move that face.” Buffy sighed. “Angel, you get here in like half a day. Now I know you can get here with in 5 hours.” Angel sighed. “We’ll be there in 3 hours.” Buffy smiled. “Thanks!” “Bye.” “Bye.” She hung up. Carson then re-cuffed her and led them to the holding cell.

He pushed them in and they gave him a dirty look as he walked off. There was no one else in the holding cell except them. “This is all, your fault.” Buffy said. “I knew this was comin’.” Spike said. Buffy sighed then leaned against the bar facing him. “No, it’s not.” She said. He looked at her. “It’s my fault…partly.” Spike grinned. “But really it’s just our luck.” Spike smiled and came to her.

“How so, luv?” Spike asked. “Well think about it. My luck was when you came into town. Your luck was not being able to kill them and Dru. Then me with Angelus. And you with Angelus. Then me with dying…it’s just the PTB’s way of trying to break us up or get rid of us.” Spike chuckled. “You think so, luv?” Spike asked wrapping his arms around her waist. Buffy placed her hands on his upper arms.

“Yea, I decided a long time ago, when I got shot, that the PTB don’t like us.” Buffy pouted. Spike grinned and nipped at her lip a little. “Well there’s nothing we can do about that, luv.” “I know.” Spike rested his head against hers. They stayed that way for a while before moving to the bench in the middle of the cell. Spike laid down on his back and pulled Buffy down on top of him. She laid her head on his chest, under his chin, and wrapped her arms around his neck. Spike wrapped his arms around her waist and had his left hand rubbing her back to sooth her and help her relax. They both wound up going to sleep like that for a few hours.

There was a loud banging on the bars. Buffy jumped away, ready to fight, but then realized were she was and groaned. She put her head back down and tried to go back to sleep. “Wake up lovebirds! You’ve got a visitor.” Buffy looked up and saw Gunn, in a nice dark suit. “Hey.” Buffy smiled. She got up and Spike got up with her. They came to the bar. “How are you two holding up?” Gunn asked. “Not too bad.” Spike said. Spike nodded his head toward him. “What’s with the get-up?” Gunn looked down at his attire and grinned. “Well we all can dress like Billy Idol Spike. Plus I am a lawyer.” Spike snorted, “Sure.”

Then they saw more people coming. Angel and the rest of his crew, plus most of Buffy’s crew. “Buffy.” “Mom.” Buffy went to her mother and they did a brief huge through the bars. Buffy smiled at Giles and gave him the same hug and Dawn and Willow too. Then Angel. “What the hell were you two doing to get arrested?” Faith asked. Buffy blushed and looked down and Spike smirked. “Wouldn’t you like to know.” “Told you they were having sex.” Anya said. “Ahn.” Xander said. “What? Buffy only blushes like that when sex is involved.” Buffy gave Anya a look. “That’s not true!” Spike gave Buffy a look. “Yea it is, pet.” “You weren’t suppose to agree.” Buffy said turning to him. “Well it was your bloody idea.” Spike said turning to her. “Well no one made you do it.” Buffy said. Spike scoffed. “Pet, if some hot chit sits on a man’s lap, naked, he’s not going to refuse what the obvious agenda is. Drivin’ or not.” “So if some flousy comes off the street and sits on your lap naked you’d do her?” Buffy asked. “Hell yea!” Buffy’s eyebrows raised and she put her hands on her hips. Damnit!!!! Open mouth insert foot! Spike thought. “Really?” Buffy asked. “Fuck. No, pet, I didn’t mean it. It just…slipped out.” “Really?” “Bloody hell woman! We got arrested! I think the fact of whether or not I’d fuck some strange chit is the least of our problems!” Spike said. Buffy rolled her eyes and turned away from him, crossing her arms over her chest.

“Anyways. What do you have for us?” Buffy asked. Spike groaned and looked at the others as well. “Well not much. We know all the charges they have you on.” Gunn said. “Like what?” Spike asked. “Speeding, refusing to stop, evading arrest… and so on.” Gunn said. “Evading arrest? We didn’t do anything.” Buffy said. “Yea, it’s not our fault that those cops are bloody tossers.” Spike said. “Insult a police officer.” Angel added. Spike scoffed. “That was totally Spike!” Buffy said. “Buffy you called one of the cops a sloppy, donut-eating pig.” Angel said. Buffy smiled. “Oh, yea.” Spike grinned. “Nice one, kitten.” Buffy grinned. “Well that slipped out.” Buffy said, using Spike’s earlier line. Spike laughed.

“We’re glad you two find this amusing.” Giles said. Buffy sobered up. “Giles you know we don’t.” “Well I do.” Faith said. “No one asked you.” Spike said. She grinned. “Come on! It’s kinda ironic if you think about it. Two of the world’s saviors get locked up for driving while having sex.” Faith said. “What?” They turned to see Officer Carson and the female cop that printed them. “You were having sexual intercourse in the car?” Carson asked. No one moved. He shook his head. “That’s indecent exposure and reckless endangerment added to your list.” Carson said. “What?!” Buffy and Spike yelled. “It’s in our own car!!! It’s our own property and we can do whatever the hell we want to in it!” Buffy yelled. “Yea! And we were on a bloody interstate!! There’s no one there to endanger, but ourselves.” Spike yelled. “That’s the law. If you don’t like it then fight it in court.” Carson said walking away. “You bet your arse we will!” Buffy yelled.

They had all noticed her British twinge in that. She looked back at the others. “What?” she asked. Spike grinned. He put an arm around her and kissed her head. “Love you, pet.” Buffy smiled. “You’ve been with Spike too long.” Xander said.

“Well that’s great and all, but what the hell are we going to do until the trial?” Buffy asked.