Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic. I hope you enjoy it! the Image is made my Kelly who is incredibly awesome!
Thank you Kelly who saw my story and beta'd it! It was kinda bad before. Now its terrific! New chapter should be up soon!

Chapter 1:

With each dreary step she took her stomach succumbed to another round of nervous jitters. Buffy scrunched up her face and sighed. Turning her gaze away from her impending doom she faced her twin sister who was pulling on her arm. Buffy raised one of her eyebrows and slowed down in defiance.


"Don’t look at me like that. This is your last resort sis, no other school wants to take you in, so get a move on already” Faith said raising her voice as she tugged on her sister’s arm again and pulled her along.


"So if this is my last resort explain to me again what your doing here?" Buffy asked pulling her arm free from her sisters grasp and re-adjusting the strap of her shoulder bag.


"God you can be so stupid sometimes. We moved from LA and the only other school here is a private one.” Faith snorted. “Can you see me getting into a private school B” Faith asked in all seriousness looking down at her clothes. Consisting of tight dark jeans and a tight singlet top, boots covered her feet and dark make up covered her face.


“No…not really” Buffy said smiling, she to looking down at her own clothes. Clothes so similar to her sisters. Buffy wore tight leather pants and a red low cut top.


“Exactly, besides I‘m not leaving you on your own, you‘ll just end up getting into more trouble” Faith climbed the stairs and walked up the main pathway leading to the double doors that lead into their new school.


Buffy stoped at the top of the stairs and stared up at the sign printed on the front of the building in big letters. ‘Sunnydale High’. “Well this should be interesting” Buffy mumbled under her breath as Faith turned around sharply to glare at her.


"Would get that pregnant ass moving already. We don’t have all day.” As soon as Buffy reached her sister she grabbed her arm and started walking towards the double doors.


“You seem just a bit eager to get to school. Are you sick.” Buffy reached out and touched her sisters forehead. “I think we should take you home” Buffy said trying to turn to walk back out the way they had just come.


“I‘m fine. Mum will kill me if I don’t sign you in. Not to mention you don’t want to be in the bad books on your very first day do you.” Faith said raising her eyebrow at Buffy who only just nodded slightly. They had stoped in front of a small map that was screwed into the wall. “Come on the office is this way”


“Well lets just hope it doesn‘t go as bad as the last one did” Buffy said looking down at her stomach. She smiled slightly stroking the small bludge. She was only 4 and a half months along and had only just started to show. Buffy had not always been bad . Though her parents always trying to control her life all the time. She’d had enough and rebelled. She’d been kicked out of all the school’s that would take her in, in La. The last school she was at ‘Hemery High School’ had found out about her pregnancy. More or less the student population had found out about it and things had just gone downhill from there.


People always expected Faith the get in trouble all the time. She certainly had the looks for it. With her long brown locks and dark features she fitted the part. They were twins Buffy and Faith but so different from each other in ways. Buffy was blonde, was once a cheerleader. But as they say once you get a taste of the dark side you don’t want to turn back. Buffy’s taste of the dark side had come in the form of a bleached blonde called Spike.


They’d met at Hemery and had hated each other from day one. He was repulsive and annoying, the pain in her side she couldn’t remove and yet he was intriguing. Strikingly handsome, with those bright blue eyes and high cheekbones. He was a mystery. He was also the father to her unborn baby.


They’d been enemy’s, then friends and then lovers. Ever since she’d met Spike Giles her world had been turned upside down and inside out. He’d showed her things no one ever could. Made her feel things no one else could even comprehend to understand. He’d been kicked out of Hemery 4 months and 3 weeks ago. Then forced to move by none other than her parents and she didn't even know why.


She’d lost the one thing she depended on. Buffy looked down at her stomach and sighed, stroking the buldge again. She had wanted to be with him, wanted to leave with him. She hadn’t told him of the life that now grew within her womb, only finding out after he’d gotten expelled. Her parents had gotten in the way, deciding how her life should be lived. They’d found out about her pregnancy, forbade her to ever speak to him again. They told Spikes parents who also decided it best Buffy didn’t see him anymore. Neither wanted their son’s life ruined by fatherhood. Spike had left, his parents along with him and she hadn’t seen him in 4 months and 3 weeks.


“I would say it’s a pleasure to meet you two but with the records and files I’ve seen it definitely wont be” Buffy was startled out of her dreamlike state she’d been in for the last five minutes by the voice. Looking up she saw a short semi bald man standing in front of her. He reminded her of a rat, with really big ears. Buffy tilted her head to the side to get a better look at the man. Faith stood laughing beside her. He hand covering her mouth.



The door was opened to them as they stepped inside of his office. “I am Principal Snyder. Be warned” He glared at the two girls who had taken up the two chairs situated in front of his desk. Snyder himself stood leaning on his desk in front of them. “This is your last chance, we’re the only school left who will take you in! If I smell smoke I’ll know it’ll be coming from you two.” He looked between Buffy and Faith and leaned forward. “DON’T START ANY FIRE’S! I can expel you faster than you can imagine!” Their was a pause as he looked each in the eye. “Trust me girls, it’s better to finish your year here without having any hiccups. Am I clear?”


“As crystal!” Buffy smiled. Faith’s shoulders bobbing up and down with her muffled laughter. Their was a knock at the door and a timid girl walked into the room. She looked to be about 17 and had bright red hair.


“Ms. Rosenberg here will show you two around the school and take you to your next class.” Neither Buffy nor Faith moved to get up just stared at the rat faced principle. “Get out of my sight!” He exclaimed quickly. They both stood and grabbed their bags.


“Sir yes Sir!” Faith said laughing. Seeing Snyder’s glare she quickly made her way out of the room, Buffy not far behind.


“Are you two the Summers twins?” They heard the red head ask once the door to Snyder’s office had been closed.


“Buffy…” Buffy said raising her hand and smiling.


“Faith…And you would be” Faith nodded in greeting.


“I’m Willow Rosenberg.” Willow smiled flicking a lock of hair from her shoulder as she placed her bag on her back.


“Cruel Parents!” Buffy said.


“What I like my name!” Willow exclaimed her eyes going wide.


“Pfft , not like our names are any better B“ Faith snorted and laughed “Anyway can you show us to the library?” Faith asked pointing down the halls not sure which way the library was.


“Rat man wants us to get these” Buffy held up a list of books. She briefly looked over each title. ‘Gah maths’ she thought and scrunched up her nose.


“Yeah, right this way!” Willow wasn’t quite sure what to make of the twins. She’d heard about them, read a small bit of the file that Mr. Snyder had showed her but yet wasn’t sure that these girls could be the cause of all that. They sure as hell looked rough and who was she to mess with that.


The three girls made their way down the deserted halls of Sunnydale High. Class was in at the moment so the library was empty. Willow pushed the door open and walked in. The musky sent of books hit their noses at once and Buffy let out a sneeze.


“Hey Mr. Giles” Willow smiled seeing the old man leaning over the counter and peering into a book. “I have the two new girls here. They need some books.”


Giles re-adjusted the glasses that sat on the bridge of his nose as he turned. His eye’s went bug wide at seeing the people that stood before him.


“B-Buffy? Faith? W-what are you doing here?” He knew Buffy was pregnant and his eyes immediately flew to her stomach. She was still so small.


The jitters in her stomach had reached maximum. Buffy‘s breath came in short as a wave of nausea fell over her. “Giles……?” Buffy whispered puzzled as her world went black and she fell to the floor.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


“Ms. Summers, can you hear me?” Buffy could here the distant voice calling to her through the fog. It was like waking up from a deep sleep. Was she asleep?


“Five more minutes, just want to rest some more.” Buffy mumbled trying to slip back into the fog.


“B come on you need to wake up” She heard Faith say accompanied by a shake.


“Mmm, my head hurts! I feel like I’ve been out partying all night. You know when you wake up with that shit feeling in the morning. What happened?” Buffy groaned sitting up with the help of her sister.


“Sis you passed out!” Buffy’s head shot round to faith as a hand went straight to her stomach.


“My baby?” Buffy asked with wide eyes.


“Is fine.” Faith reassured her.


“Giles?” Buffy asked puzzled, seeing Giles as Faith helped her stand.


“Is right here!” Faith said moving hair from Buffy’s face as she helped her into one of the chairs at a nearby desk.


“So that wasn’t a dream then?” Buffy rubbed her temples trying to take in all the information.


“No.” Faith said softly. Buffy slowly raised her head and looked at Giles.


“So Spike is?” Buffy rubbed her elbow. She must have fallen on it when she passed out. She could feel the bruise starting to form.


“He’s here somewhere.” Giles said softly not looking the blonde Summers in the eye.


“I-I can’t see him!” Buffy exclaimed. “I need to go!” Buffy tried to get up from her chair but Faith grabbed her arm and placed her back in the chair.


“B…..I called mom. She’s coming, but you have to wait. The nurse Mrs. O’fally said you shouldn’t get too stressed out or walk to much. You need to be careful because of the baby!” Faith said feeling the worrying vibes flowing from her twin in waves.


“I know, I just….”Buffy stopped in mid sentence as the doors to the library bust open and Joyce walked in. She walked with an air of sophistication, and richness. She held her head high and her face straight. Her face a mask of anger until she saw Buffy sitting on the chair. Her face as white as the walls, she looked so fragile.


“Buffy Summers what did you do now?” Joyce stoped in front of the two girls. “Did you set something on fire?” Giles raised his head at Joyce. Clearly she could see Buffy’s distress. Couldn’t she?.


“Mom shut up” Faith glared at her mother. Who seemed to not care at all “Buffy just passed out. If you even care that is! I mean at least precious Dawn is fine, but god for sake. Buffy passes out and you get called and assume she did something.” Faith was standing looking her mother in the eye as Buffy placed a hand over her stomach to stop the jitters. “Sure she’s been acting up but what do you expect? You and Giles here are keeping her and the love of her life not to mention the father of her unborn child away from each other.” Faith let out a huge sigh. “Whatever. Come on Buffy we’re getting out of here. Lets go to Treys” Faith helped Buffy to her feet and walked out the doors of the library. Joyce followed, leaving a very confused Giles In their wake.


As Buffy climbs into the back seat of the car she gets a glimpse of the platinum blonde hair that she thought she’d never see again. He was standing with a group of people near the car park. A blonde girl was bouncing at his side trying to get his attention.


Faith seeing Buffy’s gaze from outside the car turned to look. Faith eyes grew in recognition and at Buffy’s outburst of tears she frowned and turned to look at her sister who turned her eyes away from Spike.


The blonde had been hugging him and he had smiled down at her. He probably had a new girlfriend and a new life. She really didn’t think of the consequences. Faith hopped in next to her sobbing twin as the car moved. Tires squealing as they made their way out of the parking lot. The bleach blonde who’s eyes had never left the car until it had turned the corner who couldn’t believe what he had just seen.