Buffy Summers looked out at the vast spread before her, fifty acres of cows, horses, and none of her friends. Being stuck in Texas on your summer break was nothing to look forward too, especially when the house you are staying at is your grandparents. Buffy was the type of girl to shop till you drop, drive in her daddy's new BMW, and just party till the early hours of the morning. The last item is what got her in trouble in the first place and now here she was...stuck for the summer with her grandparents. No Riley, no Cordelia, and no Angel, her hearts desire. Just her aging grandparents, grandparents that believe hard work is what she needs. Mucking out stalls all day, giving the horses their workout, learning to cook, cleaning the house from top to bottom, and being at her grandparents every whim.

When she first had gotten out of her grandpa's aging pickup, a rusty white Chevy, she thought this might be a not too bad summer, but then her grandpa had told her how things were going to be and she knew she entered hell. Who goes to bed at 8 pm anyway? No cellphone was allowed, and she even had to leave her laptop at home too. The biggest rule was no speaking to any of the ranch hands...especially the boys. What did her grandpa think? She was going to become pregnant by one of them? Sure Buffy let people think she was experienced, but she was still the innocent virgin...well virgin none the less. She might have gone to third base with Angel right before she left, but she had been planning on waiting at least a couple weeks before losing her virginity. So much for that. Her parents had walked in on her and Angel in her bedroom doing some heavy petting after she was out all night the previous night at Cordelia's party, and the next thing she knew, she was being sent to Angus and Regina Summers. No wonder her dad moved away from them. She would have in a heartbeat.

Here she was now, only two hours into hell and 58 days, 12 hours, 14 minutes, and 32 seconds till freedom. So far none of the ranch hands would talk to her...well the cute ones that is. The foreman of the place, David Shows, did come up to her when she first arrived. He was a man in his fifties and never married. Who would anyway? He was a plump short looking man, whose clothes had seen better days and lets not get into his boots. eww. David had basically told her to not even look at the men because he didn't need any distracted cowboys. Like she would look at anyone older than 30. She was only 17 and 30 was ancient to her.

Buffy had of course looked over the cowboys when she arrived and only one looked like he was even remotely attractive. He was the newest of the bunch, a college boy in the english major. She didn't know his name yet. Grandma wouldn't tell her afraid her granddaughter was up to no good. So instead Buffy just pretended to go back to her dusting and quietly watched him out the window. She could tell he was a blond like her since he took off his cowboy hat and dusted it off on his jeans. Now that Buffy thought about it, he sure could fill that pair of jeans in.

Knowing some one was watching him, William Pratt, otherwise known as Spike to all the guys around here, looked up and rested on the most beautiful girl he had seen in awhile, Her blond hair hit the sunlight and made her look like an angel. When he smiled at her, she smiled back and all of a sudden she was gone. It looked like Mrs. Summers took away the girl. He was still staring up into the window when David walked by and hit him on the head. "Get going!" he heard. Later, Spike promised. He was going to find out who she is.

Buffy had been looking out the window at the blond english major cowboy when her grandma spotted her looking and not dusting. It took about an hour for the lecture to be over about cowboys and innocent little girls. Who was she calling little anyway? She was almost an adult. Just 5 more months till the big 18. Buffy decided tonight when her grandparents were sleeping, she would escape and find her cowboy. She knew all the cowboys slept in the bunkhouse..well the ones that didn't have families. And since he was a college boy, she didn't think he had one. At least she hoped not.

When her grandpa had come in for dinner that night she overheard her grandparents talking about the new guy "Spike" and how he might not work out since I already had my eye on him. How could they tell that? It was a smile, not a come wither look. At least Buffy knew his name now. Spike. What a funny name. 8 cannot come fast enough. When the door to the back door opened after Buffy was doing dinner dishes, there he was talking to her grandpa about some kind of cow or something. When he turned to walk out, he spotted her and mouthed creek with a sexy little smirk. She quickly looked at her grandparents to see if they noticed, but thank god they were talking about moving the cows.Maybe this summer won't be that bad after all.

When eight rolled by, sure enough she was sent to bed like a good little girl and expected to stay there till morning. Her grandparents didn't know her enough to know she would just go out the window. When nine came and went she wondered if her grandparents would ever go to bed. Thank god at ten, the house was quiet. Still dressed in her gucci top and pink skirt, she climbed down the ladder that was conveniently outside her window. She walked toward where she thought the creek was and came to face with the most gorgeous blue eyes she had ever seen.

"Hi." "Hi."

Oh yes, this was going to be the best summer.


Should I continue with this? Let me know what you think.