Captain Peroxide Meets Five By Five



Faith walks down into the basement needing some alone time from the potentials and notices Spike who is chained up on his cot. She walks over to him and gives him a funny look.

Spike: It’s not what you think.

Faith: So you just chain yourself up on your own spare time.

Spike: Safer this way. Keep me from killing any of the girls up there.

Faith: On your last nerve too huh. Well I kinda needed a break too but not ready to kill them though, at least not yet.

Spike: Not that, although they can get a bit much. Bloody chaos up there when they are fighting for the last slice of pizza but that’s not it. I wasn’t in control for awhile there. This is to keep them safe.

Faith: Someone been controlling ya with a remote or something. Anything I need to know about?

Spike: Nothing to tell really but I could fill you in another time. Mind if I bum one?

Faith: Nah no prob don’t worry bout it (hands him a cigarette).

Spike: So what brings you back to Sunnydale? Got an apocalypse itch you can’t scratch.

Faith: Don’t know really just felt like I needed to be here. Something big and important going down and I didn’t want to read about it later and be all like ‘shoulda been there’. Besides got some people I know here so I’m not completely alone.

Spike: Yeah I got filled in about your past fun here in Sunnydale. Sounds like me and you could have had some fun back then. Too bad we didn’t run into each other.

Faith: You know that we did actually meet before I left Sunnydale.

Spike: I think I would have remembered meeting another Slayer.

Faith: There was no way you could have recognized me though, kinda had a different look going.

Spike: Really now? And what would that be?

Faith: I kinda had the dumb blonde thing going for me then.

Spike: Can’t quite picture you a blonde though and I still don’t remember that.

Faith: Well I was kinda in Buffy’s body at the time and she was in mine. We swapped and I got to be her for awhile. We met at the Bronze and I said some stuff to you that may have…

Spike: Like you could ride me at a gallop till my knees buckled and make me pop like warm champagne…it’s not someone a man forgets.

Faith: You should have guessed that something up back then cuz Buffy would never get down like that.

Spike: (laughs) You have no idea how she gets down.

Faith: Wow, didn’t know that Buffy had a lil freak inside her. So how long you two been putting it down.

Spike: It’s been awhile and she called it off. We were never together just had a thing is all.

Faith: Man to get into Buffy’s undies you know have thrown down something nice.

Spike: When you have been around for over a hundred years you learn a thing or two.

Faith: Maybe you could show me your skills sometime.

Spike: Is that offer?

Faith: One you can’t refuse.

Spike: Oh I can refuse, but what’s in it for me.

Faith: Bet I have some mad skills of my own and being a Slayer I could do stuff you only imagined you could do.

Spike: (raises an eyebrow) Don’t think there is anything left that I haven’t already done.

Faith: Hey man it’s your lost. Until you experienced five by five you haven’t lived at all.

Spike: Let’s just say I take a rain check for now.

Faith: Go right ahead but it doesn’t get any better than me. So you got anyone special you waiting on?

Spike: Not officially with anyone at the moment but do have my eye on someone though.

Faith: Really, anyone I know?

Spike: You know her but don’t want to jinx anything by talking about her anymore.

Faith: No prob Spike besides I got someone too who I’m getting some good vibes from but don’t wanna mess it up either.

Spike: So this is the famous dark Slayer Faith huh. Nice to meet you.

Faith: Likewise William the Bloody or Mr. chained up in the basement bumming cigarettes guy.

Spike: Heard that you were locked up too but not exactly in chains though.

Faith: Yeah I kinda felt I deserved it and I needed to be stopped because I was heading down the road of no return. Thought I was gonna end up dead and that would have totally sucked.

Spike: Would have been a bloody tragedy I’d imagine.

Faith: I now root for the good guys again pretty much.

Spike: Still some of the evil Slayer left in you.

Faith: I was thinking about some people that I wanted to give a whipping to. There was this one guy who totally gave me anything that I wanted but had me dress up as a school-girl and he took out his friggin bull-whip and…

Spike: Ha, that’s original…

Faith: Dude every guy has some fantasy involving chicks whether it be S&M, new fly positions, or role play. Don’t know any guy that doesn’t have some whack fantasy but they all don’t want to share it cuz they are too embarrassed by it. Tell them that they got some willing sex slave and they’ll spill the goods.

Spike: Not me though, had this one bird who I lived out all my curiosities with. Would have to say she enjoyed it too. Can’t complain she acted out her fantasies on me too.

Faith: Boy your full of surprises aren’t ya.

Spike: You have no idea.

Faith sits next to Spike on the cot and they share a cigarette. They are laughing and having a good time and watch as Buffy walks down the stairs and sees them together. She crosses her arms and gives them both a look.

Buffy: Nice to see you two are getting along so well.

Faith: Ah yeah B, me and Spike here were just getting to know each other really well.

Spike: We had a nice long talk and think we know all there is to now about each other.

Buffy: Seems like more than just talking.

Faith: Whoa I’m not moving in are your territory am I.

Buffy: No he’s not…we’re not…it’s different.

Spike: We are not together Faith. Our relationship is more like an alliance.

Faith: And what are we then?

Spike: I would say after our nice little chat we have to be friends.

Faith: Totally, but not just friends but friends with benefits.

Spike: “Friends with benefits” is that what we call it now.

Buffy: Friends with benefits?

Faith: Yeah B, you never had friends with benefits before. It’s awesome, it’s like best friends who hang out all night and without any of the guilt trips of a one night stand.

Spike: Well I look forward to more of our little chats now that we are friends with benefits and all.

Faith: (gets up and taps him on the knee) See you soon Spike. Caught you later B.

Faith walks past Buffy and up the stairs. Buffy continues to stare at Spike very unhappy.

Buffy: What was that about?

Spike: We talked is all. Bloody can’t have a conversation with someone anymore or what.

Buffy: You just talked with Faith. I’ve seen that look before Spike and you expect me to believe you just talked.

Spike: Alright you caught me red-handed we had a bit of the naughtiness together are you happy now.

Buffy: What!? You and Faith…

Spike: Buffy I was only kidding, nothing happened. We talked, that’s it.

Buffy: Spike there is something that you need to know about Faith.

Spike: She filled me in on the whole body swap. You should have told me about that sooner.

Buffy: Not just that but there is other stuff you need to know. Faith, the last two guys I was with she…

Spike: I see. Come to warn about her charms is it.

Buffy: I wanted you to know.

Spike: And why is that?

Buffy: You know why.

Buffy walks away toward the stairs and stops. She speaks but doesn't look at him.

Buffy: (quietly) If you touch her…I’ll kill you…

Spike: (laughs) Guess than I need to take her someplace more private to have our talks. (looks at Buffy) You weren’t kidding were you?

Buffy walks up the stairs leaving Spike pondering her last words to him. Spike is thinking to himself about what Buffy just said. Was she really serious about killing him if he touched Faith. He thought to himself he was intrigued by Faith and wanted to get to know her better. But he wasn’t blind either to the sparks that we flying between them. But he is still in love with Buffy. He starts to question whether he and Buffy will ever end up together. Buffy has been sending him nothing but mixed messages since he’s been in the house. He wants to be with Buffy but doesn’t want to be strung around forever and doesn’t want to let possibly something good pass him up with Faith. So he decides that he is going to see where it goes with Faith but not to get his hopes up.

Cut to:
Buffy walks up the stairs and looks for Willow. She finds Willow sitting alone in the dining room on her laptop and Buffy sits next to her.

Buffy: Willow do you think Faith is attractive?

Willow: Uhm Buffy I kinda have my eyes sets set on someone else right now.

Buffy: No, no I didn’t mean like that but in general do you think she is attractive.

Willow: I guess so. If you are into the dark Slayer type.

Buffy: But that would be the only thing that people would like about her right. That’s all she’s got going for her right.

Willow: I am sensing some Slayer jealousy here? You think that she is hotter than you? Is there some sort of Slayer beauty contest I’m not aware of?

Buffy: Oh God no. I sure hope not. No this isn’t about who’s hotter but wait there are some people who think she is hotter than me.

Willow: Wait I didn’t say that, I mean you are way hotter than her. And I am not just saying that because you are my friend either.

Buffy: I mean on a scale of one to ten she has to be only a five right. Plus she’s always saying five by five so she has to be a five.

Willow: Where is all this coming from? Why the sudden interest in how she looks?

Buffy: I was just wondering what kind of person would want to hook up with her. Now I know that person would have to be really desperate. Thanks Will for your help (leaves).

Willow: (to herself) I sure hope she not thinking of hooking up with her because that won’t end well. She’s definitely up to something.

Buffy walks upstairs toward her room and sees Faith walk outside the bathroom.

Buffy: Faith about Spike…

Faith: What, come to tell me hands off your property?

Buffy: Look he’s not my boyfriend but I do care for him and don’t want to see him get hurt.

Faith: Afraid I’m just gonna abuse him and lose him. Not really my style.

Buffy: Like you haven’t done that before.

Faith: That was different B, I had a mission to accomplish back then.

Buffy: And what was that? Find any guy that I was with and…

Faith: Was kinda filled with the wicked energy back then. Doing all that made me feel all warm inside you know. But now not my thing. I’m back to doing it the old-fashioned way.

Buffy: Since when does having friends with benefits old-fashioned.

Faith: Knew it B, don’t have to say another word. Your sense of old-fashioned is holding hands and making a guy stay at first base for awhile. But me if I see something I like I take it all the way home baby.

Buffy: I’ll have you know that I am not old-fashioned. I am way new-fashioned.

Faith: Right, right I know that you have been getting your naughty on recently. Been getting on the wild side. But I bet I still got you beat there in the bedroom.

Buffy: I don’t know where you are getting your information from but I am not like that. And there is nothing that you can do better than me. Not even in the bedroom…which I mean not that I would have to prove anything to you.

Faith: Name one thing that you can do better than me in the bedroom.

Buffy: I am not having this discussion with you.

Faith: Hey you brought it up and you started it. So we are gonna finish it.

Buffy: I am not telling you anymore about what I do in the bedroom.

Faith: Guess first impressions are right on then. The ice princess lives…

Buffy: Enough. About Spike I can’t stop you two from doing anything but if you two hook up it had better be for real. You had better no even think about using him because…just don’t.

Faith: Loud and clear B (leaves).

Buffy goes and sits on her bed thinking about what has just happened. Why is she feeling this way about the possibility of Spike and Faith getting together. There is no reason for her to be jealous because Spike is not her boyfriend she thought. Why was this making her crazy. She starts thinking of all of the reasons why they shouldn’t be together. Then she starts listing all of the reasons why they shouldn’t hook up. But then she thinks that what if Spike has started to move on and doesn’t want her anymore. Could she live with herself knowing that he would be unhappy with him always chasing after her but never able to catch her. She just started to realize how she told him that she wasn’t ready for him to not be there in her life. Buffy is still trying to figure out her feeling for Spike but is always ending up with much confusion. She is still unsure of her feeling for Spike but decides she won’t stand in the way of him being happy even if it’s with Faith.

Cut to:
Faith walks back down to the basement and Spike is sitting there restless. Faith decides she needs to take him out to have some fun and to see if anything happens.

Faith: How bout you and me head out for the night? Big bad is coming and we don’t know if we got anymore fun nights left in us.

Spike: Sure love to, but you sure there isn’t anything going on up there at the moment. Don’t want to leave and then something happens.

Faith: Nah nothing Buffy can’t handle, she just has a little errand to do. Shouldn’t take long besides if we sneak out for an hour or so who’s gonna know.

Spike: Right…so set me free and I’m all yours.

Faith walks over and unchains him and they both walk out of the basement. They make sure the coast is clear and sneak out the back of the house.

Cut to:
Faith and Spike are at the Bronze sitting at a table talking. They are getting ready to order some drinks. A waiter walks over to them.

Waiter: Can I get you two anything?

Faith: Hey I’ll have whatever he’s having.

Spike: You sure about that, not sure you can handle what I need.

Faith: To each his own man. There’s nothing I ain’t down for.

Spike: I don’t doubt that at all. (to waiter) Get me and lady here double shot of Bacardi 151.

Faith: (laughs) Boy you don’t play around do you.

Spike: We gotta be quick about this don’t want to be gone too long. Besides it gets you to where you need to go but faster.

Faith: You ever tried some hooch or moonshine. That stuff will get you hammered just by getting a whiff of it. I ran into this guy who had bathtubs of this in his basement. One of the best three weeks I ever had. Can’t say I remember much of it though.

Spike: Sounds like you may have had some drunken escapades you would like to forget about.

Faith: What, like you never done anything that you regretted while you were drunk?

Spike: I do but none I would like to get into at the moment.

Faith: Ahh you gotta tell me. I’ll tell you mine if you tell me yours.

Spike: All I’m gonna say is it started as a conversation about a stupid wanker then about someone’s sexy dance but ended up something entirely different.

Faith: Bad hook up.

Spike: Something like that. I don’t want to get into it. So any other reason why you invited me out for a drink and not tell anyone about it (drinks arrive).

Faith: What it’s not like you meet a vampire with a soul everyday. Besides I thought you would want to meet another Slayer.

Spike: Right I always did have a thing for Slayers. But the first two I killed the third I wasn’t so lucky. The fourth we will have to wait and see.

Faith: No way you could take me. You got a nice punch I’ll give you that, but come on, you really think you got what it takes to throw down five by five.

Spike: (raises his drink to toast) Let’s drink so we never have to find out.

Faith: (raises her drink) Fine by me (drinks).

Cut to:
Buffy comes home from her meeting Shannon at the hospital. She has a look around the house and wants to gather everyone for a meeting. She walks down into basement and notices Spike is gone. She has a look around and doesn’t see Faith either. Irritated she walks back upstairs and sees Xander.

Buffy: Have you seen Faith or Spike?

Xander: Saw captain peroxide earlier. He left with Faith out the back.

Buffy: Can you gather everyone for a meeting while I look for them. I got some news but I should wait to tell everyone at once (leaves).

Buffy goes out to look for Spike and Faith. She is having a hard time deciding whether she is mad at them for not being at the house or the fact that they left together. She walks toward the Bronze.

Cut to:
Faith and Spike are sitting at the table slightly slumped over as there are many empty shot glasses on the table. They are both drunk and starting to slur their speech.

Faith: (slurring) Told you, you can’t drink me under the table.

Spike: (also slurring) You think I’m ready to throw in the towel? Not a chance (yells) another round for me and the misses.

Faith: I still don’t get you. I mean I know why you fight on the good side now. It’s because you have a soul. But why do you have a soul?

Spike: I have a soul because I had a bloody chip in my head. It kept me from hurting people.

Faith: You had a chip that keeps you from hurting people Ok. That makes you start fighting demons right. But why not just stop there. Why go and get yourself all souled up?

Spike: I had to become a better man. A soul can do that for you.

Faith: But why though? (more drinks arrive) Weren’t you man enough before just helping out Buffy?

Spike: (grabs a drink) Fighting yes. (drinks) Sex no.

Faith: (grabs a drink) Does a soul help you perform in the bedroom or something? (drinks) Does a soul spice things up some more?

Spike: Not in the least bit but I needed to do it for her. To let her know that I am a better man than before.

Faith: How she take it?

Spike: More like how I took it. Was out of my mind with so much sodding guilt of what I did in my life. But she helped me through it.

Faith: And then?

Spike: Nothing…we are here now. But nothing. We are nothing. She wants me to stay but not just to fight but for no other reason.

Faith: Must be rough going from friends with benefits to nothing.

Spike: Aren’t we friends with benefits? Isn’t that what you called us?

Faith: Nah just razzing Buffy there. Knew I could still get under her skin after all this time.

Spike: So we aren’t friends with benefits?

Faith: Hey if your down I’m all for it. Just say the word and I’ll be rockin it five by five.

Spike: Your talking about our little rain check agreement aren’t you.

Faith: I’m no welcher a deal is a deal. Say when and I’ll show you some of my mad skills.

Spike: (smiles) Does any of that include riding at a gallop and end with popping like warm champagne.

Faith: Could be, only one way to find out.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives outside the Bronze and asks the bouncer if he has seen Spike or Faith.

Buffy: Have you seen two people walk in here that look like…

Bouncer: Looking for your Billy Idol boyfriend again sweetheart.

Buffy: He’s not my…is he in here with someone?

Bouncer: Yeah he came in awhile ago with another girl. I’m telling you he’s a real player.

Buffy: (irritated) Thanks (walks past him).

Bouncer: (grabs her arm before she enters) Some free advice. Guys like him never change. They are always looking for the next piece of action.

Buffy walks into the Bronze looking for Spike and Faith but doesn’t see them right away.

Cut to:
Spike and Faith are now sitting on top floor of the Bronze in a booth and sharing a cigarette.

Spike: Shall we head back now.

Faith: I guess we could. But your paying because I won.

Spike: You did not beat me. I had to go to the bathroom. That doesn’t count.

Faith: You left the table first so that counts.

Spike: I thought the game was to drink your opponent under the table.

Faith: You wanna keep going. Let’s go. You and me right now.

Spike: Another time maybe. We really should get back.

Faith: No need to be all Nancy on me. Look how bout we settle this another way.

Spike: And what is that?

Faith: Let’s wrestle or I mean arm wrestle. Loser pays straight up.

Spike: Arm wrestle? Haven’t done that in ages. Your on.

Faith and Spike put their right arms on the table and are ready to arm wrestle. They clasp hands and start. They go back and forth with neither able to beat the other until finally Faith distracts Spike by telling him to look to the side. Faith then slams his hand on the table and raises her arms in victory.

Spike: You cheated.

Faith: What like you never cheated in arm wrestling before.

Spike: Never, kitten poker maybe but not arm wrestling. It’s a noble sport.

Faith: Dude your totally paying right now.

Spike: Not a chance we go again.

Faith: I was totally gonna beat you anyways just thought I speed up the process.

Spike: (places his elbow back on the table) Let’s go.

Faith: Alright after this time we really should be going.

Again they clasp hands and pull each other close so they are face to face. They start and they go back and forth. Buffy then walks up the stairs and sees them at the table. She sees them arm wrestling and is very jealous and angry. She lets her jealousy take over and hides in a corner watching them. They continue arm wrestling until Spike cheats this time and steps on her foot causing Faith to lose. This time he raises his arms in victory.

Faith: You totally cheated. You are such a liar. “I never cheat at arm wrestling”.

Spike: What, that was an accident. Now pony up the dough so we can leave.

Faith: I am not leaving. Best two out of three. No more cheating.

Spike: This is never gonna end is it.

Faith: Not until we have an undisputed champ.

Again they prepare to arm wrestle as Buffy is spying on them in the corner. They clasp hands for the final time and move in close so that they are almost nose to nose. They start and this time neither is able to move each other. Each struggle using all their strength but no one is able to win. Finally they look into each other eyes and they both agree to stop. Suddenly something happens between them as they both start to lean in closer to each other as if to kiss. Suddenly Buffy watching this is taken over by the green-eyed monster runs over to them without thinking and calls out to them. They snap out of it and both look at Buffy.

Faith: (slurred) There a problem B. Spike and I were just on our way back.

Spike: (slurred) She invited me out for a drink and yes we must have lost track of time.

Buffy: Guys we have to get back something has come up with someone named Caleb.

Spike: (tries to stand) Where is that wanker? I’ll take him out right now.

Faith: Easy there Spike I think you’re a lil wasted to go off and fight anyone.

Buffy: Are you both drunk? Thanks because I really need this right now.

Spike and Faith are standing and are pointing to each other.

Spike: I think that she is drunk. I on the other hand am quite ready for the fight.

Faith: No man you are so gone. B, he thought he could out drink me so I had to prove him wrong.

Buffy: (angry) Let’s go now…

Cut to:
All three of them walk out of the Bronze with Faith and Spike both stumbling along. The Bouncer raises an eyebrow as he sees Spike walking away with his arms around Buffy and Faith. They continue walking down the street until Buffy breaks off from them angry at what’s going on.

Buffy: You two need to sober up and fast.

Faith: Not so loud B, we aren’t kids you know…I’ll take care of Spike once we get back.

Buffy: (quickly) No you’re not. I’ll take care of him. You try to sober up on your own.

Spike: Don’t need any of your mothering Buffy. I can take care of myself. Take on The First myself right now if I could.

Buffy: Spike you are drunk and you need some sobering up time.

Faith: What’s this meeting about anyways? What did you hear from the hospital?

Buffy: We’ll talk once we get home but first we need to get there.

Spike: (to Faith) I really had fun tonight all and all.

Faith: (to Spike) Me too, just remember who’s on top.

Spike: (to Faith) And that would be you.

Faith: (to Spike) Yup. But you did give me a run for my money though. You definitely got a lot more stamina than I thought.

Buffy: What are you two talking about?

Spike: She still thinks she’s better than me. But I told her that I could beat her at anything. Whether it is drinking, arm wrestling, fighting and anything that goes on in the bedroom.

Faith: No freaking way man, I totally beat you at all those tonight. Except for fighting and bedroom stuff that is.

Spike: What, you want to settle this right now? One punch each. Whoever falls is the loser. Give me your best shot (stands in front of Faith).

Faith: (raises her arm) Alright here goes (Buffy steps between them).

Buffy: We are not doing this right now. We are going home.

Faith: Fine B, (to Spike) looks like we have to settle this some other way.

Spike: (grins) The only thing left is…

Faith: You think that cot of yours can hold me.

Spike: Don’t need the cot but we could make it work. Think I might cash in that rain check once we get home. Maybe I show you what I’m made of.

Faith: Prepare for your world to be rocked upside down. You got no idea what’s in store for you. You’ll be dreaming five by five the rest of your life when I’m through with you.

Buffy is clearly upset and jealous after hearing what is going on at this point. They are both clearly ignoring her and acting like she isn’t there. She tries to step in between them.

Buffy: We have more important things right now than some stupid contest about who’s better than whom.

Faith: You want in on this to B.

Spike: Fine with me but Faith you shouldn’t underestimate her. She definitely has got a wild side.

Buffy: Ugh, gross you two. I am not involved in this.

Faith: Nope you got yourself involved by running your mouth earlier and now you gotta put your money where your mouth is. You said you can do anything better than me than prove it. Show me your skills and I’ll rock it a thousands times better. (points to Spike) We could practice on Spike here.

Spike: (smiles) Yes Buffy do show us.

Buffy: (thinks about it for a fraction of second then snaps out of it) You two are some sick and twisted perverts and need to grow up (walks away).

Spike: Guess it just leaves me and you then. Shall we.

Faith: Lead the way.

Cut to:
Buffy arrives back home upset and her feelings are all confusing for her. She doesn’t know what to do about Spike and Faith. The whole situation is having her wanting to scream. What were they doing together she thought to herself. What could they possibly see in each other? So many thoughts were running through her head as she ignores everyone around her. The others are waiting for her in the living room and she just walks past them into the kitchen. Finally Faith and Spike arrive home and head straight for the basement. Buffy waits for them before they go downstairs.

Buffy: I don’t know what you two got planned and I don’t wanna know. Just I need you both in the living room right now.

Faith: Be there in a second B, this shouldn’t take long.

Spike: Really now. You think you can show me your skills that quick.

Faith: I’ll show you exactly what I’m about.

They both go downstairs in the basement and Buffy just stands there ready to tear both their heads off. She walks outside to the backyard and is ready to scream. They both have her very irritated and she is so angry that as she sits down she completely forgets about the meeting. She starts thinking about her feelings for Spike are starting to clear up for her a little bit. She doesn’t want to be boyfriend and girlfriend with Spike just yet. But she also wants him off limits to anyone else and especially Faith. Then she starts to think that she has no right to do that to Spike. She can’t stop them from getting together and she is just being very selfish she thinks to herself. Willow walks out of the house and sits next to Buffy.

Willow: We are just missing three people Buffy. And you are one of them.

Buffy: Do you think that Faith could make a good girlfriend?

Willow: Buffy you are starting to worry me.

Buffy: I mean do you think that she could truly make someone happy?

Willow: I don’t really know how to answer that. I guess anyone can make another person happy if they got something someone else wants.

Buffy: I mean like you said she is not hotter than me. But what if there might be some things that she might do better than me that shouldn’t make a difference right.

Willow: I really don’t think there is anything that she could do that you can’t do better. Except like evil stuff.

Buffy: Exactly I have done things she could never do better than me.

Willow: You really need to stop with this jealousy thing Buffy. I mean if you two are thinking of hooking up than you need to move past all this jealousy. I mean I can’t stop you two from hooking up if that’s what you want and you know I am your friend and will always support you. But Buffy, Faith you could do so much better.

Buffy: What no. Nothing like that. Me and Faith how gross would that be.

Willow: Then what’s this all about? Why all these questions about Faith?

Buffy: Spike. I think that they are going to hook up. I just don’t know how I should feel about that.

Willow: What a bitch. She knows that Spike is in love with you and she still tries to steal him away. She’s just trying to do this to piss you off.

Buffy: She’s doing a great job of it too. Spike and I aren’t technically together so he’s free to do what he wants but does that give me any right to be angry.

Willow: I think it might be a bit more complicated than that Buffy. How does Spike feel about Faith? Does he love her?

Buffy: I’ve seen them together and I know there is something between them.

Willow: Well then I would have to say that there is nothing you can really say or do about it. Unless…

Buffy: Unless what?

Willow: Do you love him?

Buffy pauses for a moment to think about it.

Buffy: (carefully) No…

Willow: (stands) Well then Buffy I think that you have to let him go. Do you want to postpone the meeting for a little while?

Buffy: I’ll be right in I just need to clear my head.

Willow heads back into the house. Buffy tries to focus on the mission and letting everyone know what Shannon had told her. She develops a plan and decides to go back into the house to tell everyone what is going on.

Cut to:
Inside the basement are Spike and Faith sitting on the cot next to each other.

Faith: (bounces on the cot) Don’t think this will hold up.

Spike: So are we really going to this?

Faith: You’re not backing out now are you? Come on it will totally be fun.

Spike: Faith I’m not ready to go and have this fun.

Faith: All man don’t worry about it happens to all the guys “performance anxiety”. Just relax I know that you got some skills you been wanting to show me.

Spike: I do. But I am not sure if I could actually go through with it.

Faith: What’s the matter champ?

Spike: We’re both here ready and able but something just doesn’t feel right. It’s almost like this isn’t suppose to happen.

Faith: Just go with the flow. No need to be over thinking or over analyzing everything. Let go and see what happens.

Spike: It’s not that I’m not tempted but I can’t go through with this unless I fully committed.

Faith: What’s stopping ya?

Spike: Buffy.

Faith: Seriously Spike you need to stop wasting your time with her because she’s never gonna come around until she feels like it. And who knows when that will be. You plan on waiting forever.

Spike: If it’s something great than yeah it’s worth waiting for.

Faith: So you’re saying…

Spike: I’m just gonna wait for Buffy.

Faith: You sure stud? You don’t know what you are missing out on.

Spike: I’ll probably hate myself tomorrow but I’ll have to pass.

Faith: (stands) Hey man I can respect that. But to let you know I wasn’t on planning this to be a commitment type of deal just thought we could have some fun. I wasn’t thinking along the lines of boyfriend and girlfriend. But offer still holds anytime you want to go a round.

Spike: I’ll won’t forget that besides you still owe me a rematch for tonight.

Faith: We’ll finish what we started some day. For now lets head on upstairs to see what this meeting is about.

Spike: (stands) Fine let’s be on our way.

Both Spike and Faith leave the basement and head back upstairs to the meeting. When they arrive they stand in the back as not to distract anyone as Buffy is telling everyone what is going on. Buffy notices them arrive and standing together in the back and immediately is irritated. She quickly finishes what she has to say to end the meeting and everyone disperses. She walks up to them and tells them that she needs to talk to them both outside to fill them in. They all walk into the backyard and she repeats everything that she said in the meeting and the plan.

Faith: Sounds like a plan to me. I hate this waiting around anyways.

Spike: I know I’m ready for some more action tonight.

Buffy: Looks like both of you had plenty of action tonight.

Faith: That was nothing Buffy just a warm-up. We could totally go all night long.

Buffy: Everyone is getting ready so should you two. We are going to leave soon.

Spike: Sure Buffy. (to Faith) Mind if we have a word alone.

Faith: Sure thing. See ya later (leaves).

Buffy: Spike if you are here to tell me about you and Faith…

Spike: Buffy it’s not what you think. Faith and I are just…

Buffy: Are just what? “Friends with benefits” that makes me feel a whole lot better.

Spike: Buffy are you jealous?

Buffy: (slightly jealous) No…I am not jealous.

Spike: Faith and I just had a thing is all. Nothing happened. We talked and we laughed that’s it.

Buffy: Seems like more than that at the Bronze.

Spike: Were you spying on us?

Buffy: (annoyed) I wasn’t spying. I was looking for you two and you both left without telling anyone.

Spike: Buffy listen we are not boyfriend and girlfriend. We are not “friends with benefits”. We are nothing but fighters on the same side.

Buffy: Spike you don’t have to defend yourself. I mean if you two are together you can just tell me. I rather you tell me than having to find out some other way.

Spike: There is nothing to tell Buffy. (looks into her eyes) There is only one person for me.

Buffy: Spike I…don’t know what to say.

Spike: You don’t have to say anything. I’ll be here waiting as long as it takes.

Buffy: Spike I don’t want you to get your hopes up or anything because I can’t promise you anything right now. Things are just so complicated right now and I…

Spike: I know Buffy. So shall we (starts to leave).

Buffy: Spike…I (Spike turns around) yeah let’s go.

Buffy and Spike leave together to carry out the plan and see what Caleb is holding for Buffy. So Spike decides that he can’t hook up with Faith even though he may have wanted to. He cares too much for Buffy and won’t let anything come between them at this point. Faith decides that she won’t keep going after Spike because she knows that he’s in love with Buffy. She decides that she needs to hook up with someone else. Buffy is relieved to know that Spike and Faith won’t be hooking up anytime soon. This incident has finally helped her to realize her feelings for Spike but she isn’t quite ready to admit it to herself or anyone else what she truly feels.


fin



This story is one I have thought about but never took the time out to actually write. I think it would have been interesting to see what would happen if Spike and Faith were thinking of hooking up. I felt that Buffy in the middle wouldn’t know what to do and would probably be jealous of what’s going on around her. As with my other Fanfics I ask you for your comments. Was it good or was it bad. Just tell me what it was you thought about. Any and all feedback is appreciated. Thanks for reading.





Spike: I don’t care how long I have to wait…this feeling…this love…I have never felt or known before in my life…it’s something that so great that I can ever lose…or have again with anyone else…with this soul I can finally express what I felt for so long…this fight we draw closer too I don’t know if we have much longer on this earth…so if you don’t share this feeling as I do then…it’s Ok…someday I know we will meet at a place…where we will share that same…we won’t know what to say…but it will always be our place to return to…and no one else’s…Buffy…


This scene I put in to foreshadow the upcoming scene in “Touched”. I think at that moment they experienced an emotional connection that can’t be described. They moved beyond the physical connection and into a much deeper emotional one simply by holding each other. It’s one only people who are truly and deeply in love with each other can reach.