Author's Chapter Notes:
I know this may seem similar to a lot of other fictions out there, but I always try to be as different as I can. It won’t be your typical high school fiction, at least I’m hoping. We all put our unique spin on things. Thanks to DrkDevin, dusty273, Peroxide_dreams, and Bekah Leigh for their help and encouragement. It’s always much appreciated. There will be angst, but I wouldn’t say this one would be too heavy on it. Don't be too put off by the beginning. I really hope you guys like it=)
Chapter 1

He banged on the door of the janitor’s closet, looking to make sure no one was coming down the hall.

“Dude, are you done yet? I hate being your look out. Can’t you get someone else to do it?” He heard a growl as the door finally opened to reveal a bleached blond man, wearing a leather duster, a perky blonde hanging on his arm.

“You’re so impatient, Harris. I was only in there for five minutes.”

Xander Harris rolled his eyes, wondering why they were even friends in the first place. “That’s five minutes too many, Spike. You’re gonna get caught one of these days, and I would like to not be around when that happens.”

“God, you’re such a wuss,” Harmony Kendall claimed, then turned back to the man she was clinging to. “Blondie Bear, why do we keep having sex in a cramped closet? There are much better places we could go.”

Xander chuckled at the nickname, causing his friend to send him a glare.

“We already went over this, Harm. The janitor’s closet is a special place for just the two of us. I don’t want to share you with anyone,” he lied, hoping the bint would let the subject drop.

Harmony flashed him a big smile. “Oh, that’s so sweet. I knew you cared about me, Spikey,” she said, placing a kiss on his cheek and marching down the hall.

Spike cringed at another one of her annoying names.

“I can’t believe she fell for that. You bring a ton of girls to this closet.”

Spike smirked and took his sunglasses out of his back pocket, slipping the shades on. “She should really know me better.”

Xander sighed as he followed Spike out of the school. Sometimes his friend’s constant need to play the field bothered him, but he wasn’t about to say anything.


* * * * *


Buffy Summers stepped out of her mother’s car, glancing around at her new surroundings.

“Have a good day, honey. Be careful,” Joyce summers commented, a worried expression on her face.

Buffy smiled to try to put her mother at ease. “I’ll be fine, Mom. I’ll see you after school.”

Joyce nodded and drove away.

Buffy watched her for a moment, then headed towards the building.


* * * * *


Spike sauntered over to the cheerleaders at lunch, giving them all a leer.

“Hello, ladies.”

They giggled at his appearance; some even started to fix their hair.

The head cheerleader, Cordelia Chase, licked her lips at the sight of him. “Hey, Spike, where have you been?”

He shrugged. “You know me, Cordy. I’ve been around,” he said with a wink, then made his way back over to the table where he usually sat.

Angel patted him on the back. “Man, what’s your secret? You have every one of those girls eating out the palm of your hand.”

“No secret, mate. It’s just a gift.”

Xander rolled his eyes, but decided not to be a part of the conversation.

“You think you can get me a date with Cordelia? I’ve been wanting to ask her out since last year,” Angel wondered.

Spike nodded. “I think that can be arranged. She’s a nice enough bird, great in the sack.”

Angel’s jaw dropped. “You slept with her?”

It was Spike’s turn to roll his eyes. “And you’re what, shocked by that? She’s a cheerleader, it’s what I do. I’ve had all of them at least twice. Not at the same time, of course.” He smiled at that image, but then got back to the point. “There isn’t one chit in this school that I can’t get. They practically beg me for it.”

Angel gave that some consideration. “I bet I can find one.”

Spike laughed. “Yeah, I wish you luck with that.”

“Come on, there has to be someone your charm won’t work on.”

Xander paid more attention now, suddenly very interested.

“All right, if you can actually find one, then I’ll guarantee you a date with Cordelia.”

Angel smiled in satisfaction. “It’s a deal.”


* * * * *


Spike yawned at the teacher’s boring lecture, History not being a favorite subject of his. It was more like a snooze fest. He perked up when the door opened and a petite blonde entered, handing a paper over to the teacher.

Mr. Reynolds glanced down at the paper, then looked up to address the room. “Class, we have a new student joining us. This is Buffy Summers, please make her feel welcome.” He turned back to Buffy. “You may take a seat next to Mr. Rayne. I would say that he could help you with what I have been discussing today, but I don’t think that would be very likely to happen,” he finished, glaring at the bleached blond in the back of the room.

Spike held his hand up and waved.

Buffy took a deep breath and moved to the back, sitting down in the only available seat.

Spike looked her over. She was cute, a bit on the skinny side, not overly beautiful, but he could already see himself having some fun with her. History just got a whole lot more interesting.


* * * * *


The bell rang and Buffy gathered up her books, getting up and bumping into the boy that was sitting next to her.

He graced her with his trademark smirk. “You should really watch where you’re going, love. Can I walk you to your next class?”

She shook her head, clutching the books to her chest. “No, thanks, I can find it on my own.”

Spike was stunned when she walked away from him, but followed after her. He caught up to her outside of the classroom. “Are you sure? This school can get pretty confusing. It being your first day and all, you might need some help.”

Buffy stopped suddenly and turned to him. “I don’t need any help, okay? Thanks again, but I can handle it,” with that said, she headed in the other direction.

He was beyond shocked at this point. “What the fuck just happened?” Spike heard laughter behind him and knew that he would never hear the end of it.

“What’s this I see? Spike Rayne getting turned down by a girl? I never thought the day would come. I believe someone owes me a date with a gorgeous head cheerleader now.”

Spike glared at Angel. Besides Peaches and Xander, he saw that Riley Finn and Parker Abrams were also there to witness his humiliation. “Hey, it’s only her first day. I at least deserve a little more time.”

Angel shook his head. “It usually only would take you an hour. Face it, Rayne. This one isn’t interested.”

Spike wouldn’t accept that. “I can change that. I have never been rejected before, and I’m not about to start now.” He knew that was a lie, a certain rejection in freshman year coming back to him, but he shook it off.

Parker stepped forward. “Why don’t we make this a bit more interesting? I’m feeling generous at the moment, so I’ll give you a week to get the new girl to sleep with you. If you can’t do it, then I guess you’re not really much of a ladies man. I bet you would just hate for that to get out.”

Spike scowled at him, never one to back down from a challenge. “I’ll do it, but I won’t even need the whole week. I can have her by tomorrow.”

Parker grinned. “Prove it. We can’t just have your word, either. If you do sleep with her, we need some real evidence.”

Spike raised his eyebrows. “What? You want me to videotape it or something? A girl usually knows before I do that.”

“It doesn’t have to be a video. It could be pictures, anything like that. You’re creative, I’m sure you’ll figure something out.”

Spike nodded after a moment. “Fine, you have yourself a deal.”

They shook hands on it and went their separate ways.

Spike was left wondering what he got himself into.