Author's Chapter Notes:
I just thought I'd do a little something for the Christmas cheer. It doesn't really have a plot or get too deep into the characters. I'm going away for Christmas and won't be back until sometime after New Years. Sadly, there won't be a computer near me, so I thought I'd write a little thing. Hopefully you'll like it! Merry Christmas! xoxo
Buffy went up on her tiptoes trying to desperately put the star on the tree. She pouted as Dawn giggled at her. “Buffy, do you want me to try?” Buffy knew that Dawn was taller than her, but that wasn’t an invitation to actually admit that she was shorter than her younger sister. Buffy handed the star to Dawn as she tried having the same difficulties as Buffy.

Not going to lie, Buffy felt good she wasn’t the only one who couldn’t reach it. She still pouted a little. This was the first Christmas the Summer’s family is celebrating since the death of Joyce. Everyone missed her. She always went all out for holidays. With her gone, Buffy and Dawn never found the need to do anything besides hang out with the scoobie gang. This year was different. Dawn had convinced Buffy to invite everyone over for Christmas. Buffy caved.

A strange beeping sound filled the room. Dawn squealed and ran into the kitchen as the cookies were burning. She tried to save them, but it was no use. They were burnt badly. Hell, it even set off the alarm.

Buffy turned and faced the tree again just staring at it, as if telepathically telling it be shorter. Familiar tingles trailed down the back of Buffy’s neck. She made a face wondering what a vampire was doing here. You’d think they’d at least take the holidays off. She opened the front door to be met with nothing but cold air. She saw a familiar cigarette on the ground. The smoke rose up from it. It was fresh. Buffy smiled and put it out with her toe. “Come out Spike.”

He came out, his hands were behind his back. He inched towards Buffy. Spike didn’t want to get too close because then Buffy would see the presents he got for her and Dawn. Buffy had sympathy for the vampire. It was the holidays, and Spike was alone. Buffy still kept a small smile on her. “You want to come in? Stay for a while?”

“Thanks pet.”



Everyone was laughing in minutes. Buffy and Dawn were both glad Spike helped out. He put the star on the tree and then helped Dawn with the food. Who knew Spike was such a good cook? Guess after a few centuries you’d learn a thing or too.

It seemed that everyone enjoyed their hot chocolate, which made Buffy happy considering that’s the only thing Dawn allowed her to make. Unlike Spike, Buffy wasn’t too great at cooking. The most she could without ruining it was toast.

The Scoobie gang began to exchange gifts, and unwrap presents. Dawn squealed when Spike gave her money. Buffy glanced over at him raising a brow. He most likely stole it. Spike could tell what she was thinking, and shook his head. Buffy nodded and faced the group again. She smiled as Willow laughed at what Dawn got her.

“Thanks Dawnie. Y’know me, and brooms. I love ‘em!” Willow smiled and put it aside.

As the night went on, Buffy was getting tired. She excused herself saying she was going to get more drinks for people. Once in the kitchen, she let out a side and leaned over on the island in the middle of the kitchen. The cool surface of the counter was nice which caused Buffy to drift away to sleep for a few seconds. Until she was awoken by a voice.

“Luv.” Spike rubbed her back. “Party’s not over just yet.” Buffy groaned and swatted him away. She wanted to rest. Spike smiled, not smirked or grinned. He smiled at Buffy. It was absolutely adorable the way Buffy wanted to sleep and just took wherever place she could to get some forty winks. “Just a lil’ longer. Can you make it?”

Buffy opened an eye and looked up at him. “I guess so.” She said with a pout. “But then we sleep!” Spike smirked and agreed with her. Buffy began to walk out of the kitchen when the bleached blonde vampire grabbed her arm gently. “You didn’t open your gift yet.”

He held out a box for her, and she took it. Buffy looked up at him surprised. It was a soft, black, velvet box. She opened it to find a nice small diamond necklace. “Oh god Spike.” She said in a soft whisper. “It’s so beautiful.”

Spike was glad that she liked it. “Turn around.” Buffy gladly turned around, and lifted up her hair. Spike’s cold hands worked the clasp of the necklace, and let it gently fall against her soft skin. Buffy turned around and did the daring. She leaned up and kissed him softly on the lips. “Thank you Spike. I love it.”

He was just as surprised that she did such a thing, but he kissed back and grinned. “Glad you like it pet. We should head back now, yeah?” Buffy smiled and nodded. Before they stepped through the doorway into the clatter of wrapping paper, laughter, food, and music, Buffy glanced at Spike to see him smirking.

“Spike!” She exclaimed softly.

“What?” He asked not ridding himself of that sexy smirk on his face.

“Get that cocky smirk off your face.”

Spike only smirked more. “You mean this? Why would I get rid of it? You love it, Goldilocks.”

“Because, you can’t be in the kitchen with me, then come back smirking! People are going to think something happened.” She exclaimed softly, never once denying that Buffy liked his smirk.“Something more than a kiss.”

“And that’s a problem?” Buffy could only glare at him.

“Alright. What do you want to get you to not flaunt the kiss?” Spike pretended to ponder. “Anytime now Billy.” She referred to Billy Idol.

He glared at her with a warning stare, and then he softened. “Another kiss.” He smirked, and Buffy rolled her eyes with a smile. She went up on her tiptoes and kissed him softly again, but this time she let it linger. When they pulled back Spike still smirked. “I didn’t even need a mistletoe.”

Buffy looked up, and pointed above them laughing. Spike followed her gaze looking at the mistletoe that hung above them. “Oi! Spoil my fun.”

She smiled. “I’m sorry, but if it helps, I meant it.” They both smiled at each other. “Merry Christmas Spike.”

“Merry Christmas Buffy.” They took each other’s hand and walked back into the Christmas cheer, and celebrated opening their gifts, laughing, as Xander would try to talk with his mouth full. Buffy looked over at Dawn and ran her hand through Dawn’s hair. This was definitely a good first Christmas on their own.