AU: Spike thought that he could never love again, not after his fiancé’s tragic accident. So he moves to Sunnydale, in hopes of forgetting his past… but suddenly, his plans turn upside-down when he meets his new next-door neighbor, Buffy. Will Spike be able to love again? What will happen? Just read and review!

~*~*~*~

Chapter One: Decisions

~*~*~*~

“Baby, please, don’t go... I need you…” Spike choked his words out as he took the woman’s hand in his. She smiled weakly, lifting up her hand and softly touching his cheek. The gurney came to a stop at the entrance of the exam room. “Cordelia… I love you… please…”

“I love you too, Spike… I always will…” she stuttered out before becoming a lifeless body. Spike’s eyes widened in fear, his tears becoming streams.

“CORDELIA!”

~*~*~*~

Angel raced into Spike’s room to see his friend screaming from the top of his lungs, reaching out into nothing. This had become a routine for Angel to come in.

“Spike!” he yelled, slapping Spike across the face to wake him up. The bleached-blonde fluttered his eyes into reality. Spike stared up at Angel with melancholic eyes. “Dreamt about Cordelia again?”

“Yeah…” Spike answered flatly, digging his head back into his pillow. Angel sighed, feeling sorry for him. “It’s been almost a year and I still think about her.”

“You really need to get out of LA, Spike,” Angel remarked, walking toward the window. Spike just stared at the ceiling, no expression extracted on his face. Angel turned back to the blonde. “I have a house at Sunnydale. It’s vacant so you can rent it out and give it some use for me.”

Spike swiftly turned his head to Angel and shrugged. Angel’s right… I need to get out of here… he thought, sitting up in bed. “Maybe I’ll just do that. I’ll start a new life and forget about what happened… forget about this bloody hell I’m going through.”

~*~*~*~

Buffy joyously walked into the kitchen, a smile caressing her lips. Her mother, Joyce, watched her daughter stroll to the refrigerator and grab the milk carton.

“Good morning, Buffy,” Joyce greeted as Buffy sat down at the counter. She smiled at her mother with love.

“Hi mom,” she stated, pouring milk into a coffee mug. Joyce turned back to the stove.

“You seem happy,” the elder Summers remarked loudly over the stove fan. Buffy giggled, drinking the milk leisurely.

“Yeah… Riley and I had a lot of fun last night,” Buffy answered and placed the mug on the counter.

“Well, that’s good,” Joyce replied uneasily; she never liked that boy. “We have new neighbors.”

“How do you know?”

“They came in early this morning. There was no moving truck though. I guess the place is furnished already,” Joyce revealed, turning around with a smile.

“I’m going to go for a jog, mom. See you in a bit,” Buffy avowed and left the kitchen. She jogged out the door, closing it shut behind her. She stopped at the mailbox, opening it to reveal the white envelopes hidden inside. Buffy closed the lid with a thud and as she did, she turned to begin her exercise. Her start was interrupted by a huge collision with someone walking through. The bang was so hard that pushed both Buffy and the other person to the ground.

“Oh my God, I am so sorry!” Buffy exclaimed, pulling herself to her feet, and looked down at the individual. Her mouth jawed open at the sight on a young man in a blue-striped shirt and khakis. Buffy blushed furiously, holding out her hand to pull him up. He accepted it gratefully, letting himself jump to his feet.

“It’s alright, frankly… uhh…” he stared down at Buffy in awe. “I’m William Connor. I’m your next-door neighbor.” He couldn’t turn away from the girl’s gaze. Wow… she’s beautiful… he thought as he held out his hand to acquaint himself.

“My name’s Buffy Summers. Nice to meet you William,” Buffy addressed as she shook his hand mesmerized. She couldn’t look away from the blonde British man.

“Don’t call me that. It’s a mere complexity. Call me Spike,” he remarked, crunching his nose at his first name. Buffy giggled, blushing a deep red on her cheeks.

“Well, I hope you like living here, Spike,” Buffy declared as she began to walk away. Spike smiled wholly, watching the girl begin jogging away from him.

“Yeah, I hope so too…”

~*~*~*~

To Be Continued…

A/N: What do you think? Should I continue writing? Any suggestions? Please read and review!

Thanks,

Jess