Author's Chapter Notes:
I wrote this story for a banner challenge for Livejournal's spuffy fantasy. Thank you to the wonderful Dusty273 for beta-ing
Warning this fic deals with sex between 16 year old Buffy and an adult SPike, if this squicks you, this story is not for you, it will be graphic :P
Buffy looked at herself in the mirror as she straightened her skirt. It was the first day of school and for the first time in her life, she was actually excited about it.

Things had changed for her over the summer. She was no longer Buffy Summers, the nobody, not since the night Riley Finn had finally noticed her at the Bronze. She hadn’t even wanted to go, but her cousin Faith had been in town and insisted on giving her a mini make-over. She took her to the salon to get her hair highlighted, introduced her to the world of make-up, and used the back to school money her father had sent her to buy her clothes Buffy would’ve never imagined picking out for herself.

Now, one month later, she was Riley Finn’s girlfriend. Riley Finn, the co-captain of the football team. One of the popular kids. He had taken her to all the cool parties and introduced her to people she had gone to school with for years, but never even knew her name... until then.

Buffy took another glance at herself in the mirror and smiled, yes, this year was going to be different.


********************


“So, have you seen Riley this morning?” Willow smiled at her best friend.

“No, I’m supposed to meet him in the courtyard.” Buffy blushed.

“Oh! The courtyard!” Willow gasped in surprise.

“I know, can you believe it?” Buffy giggled. “I never thought in a million years that I would be hanging out at the courtyard. Why don’t you come with me?”

“I can’t, I’m going to meet Oz at the library.” Willow smiled, adding, “But you have fun.”

“Ok well, tell him hi for me. I will see you at lunch.” Buffy hugged the red-head goodbye and made her way across campus.

She pulled out her compact, checking her appearance in the mirror. She was so distracted she didn’t notice the figure rounding the corner until she had smacked into a hard chest sending her books scattering all over the hallway. Buffy lost her balance and would have followed them to the ground if the man had not grabbed her by the waist in an effort to steady her.

Buffy looked up, flustered when she saw a very handsome man smirking down at her.

“You should really watch were you’re going, pet.”

The man spoke in a thick British accent that gave her tingles. He had steel blue eyes, strong, very sharp cheekbones and a shock of platinum curls she wished she could tangle her fingers into. Buffy blushed when she realized she was staring. She quickly stepped back and bent down to start gathering her things while mumbling an apology.

Spike chuckled looking down at the petite, obviously embarrassed blonde as she hurriedly picked up her books. She was adorable. He grabbed the last of her fallen books and read the title before handing it to her.

“English Lit, college edition?” he noted raising an eyebrow. Perhaps there was more to her than just being pretty.

“I…I like English.” Buffy’s cheeks turned crimson as she took the book from him. “I-I’m sorry about running into you. I…have to go,” she mumbled hurrying off in the direction of the courtyard.


*********************


“I was beginning to think you got lost,” Riley joked taking Buffy’s hand and walking her over to the center of the courtyard.

“Yeah, it’s not like she’s ever hung out here before.” Cordelia smiled in a way that always reminded Buffy that she was and always would be an outsider.

“So Finn, what lunch period did you got this year?” Angel asked punching his best friend in the arm.

“I have the second session,” Riley answered.

“Oh no,” Buffy whined. “That means we won’t have lunch together. I have the first session.”

Buffy looked at them puzzled when they laughed. Cordelia just rolled her eyes, already annoyed with her. “She has so much to learn.”

Confused over Cordelia’s comment, Buffy turned to Riley.

“Buffy, you’re my girl now. If I don’t like something, I just get it changed.” He put his arm around her reassuringly.

“Yeah, Snyder is such a pushover with us, we tell him to jump and he asks how high,” Angel added.

Buffy chewed on her bottom lip, not sure how she felt about that. She had heard stories about the special privileges. She had known that the popular crowd regularly missed classes, came in late, and didn’t seem to have to follow the same set of rules as the rest of the students did, but she had never heard anyone come out and admit to it before. Now, she was one of them.

When the bell rang, Buffy said her goodbyes and made her way toward her first class, English. It was an advanced class and she was both nervous and excited about it. She smiled when she noticed Willow and Oz had saved her a seat. Even though she liked being part of the new group, she knew that Willow, Oz and Xander were her only true friends.

By the time her third class came around, there was an announcement that there was an assembly scheduled for that period. She was thrilled because she was sure she would get to see Riley at the meeting. She walked to the gym and quickly climbed up to the top of the bleachers where she knew Riley and the rest of the gang would be.

“What do you think the assembly is about?” Buffy asked her boyfriend.

“Don’t know, but hey, listening to Snyder ramble on is way better than receiving class.”

After all the students were inside the gymnasium and were finally quiet, Buffy noticed the vice principal, Rupert Giles make his way to the center of the basketball court.

“Ladies and gentlemen, if you would please give me a moment of your attention, I have some important announcements to make. Due to some unforeseen circumstances, Principal Snyder has decided to take an early retirement and will not be returning to the school this year.”

The gym was immediately filled with gasps and hushed murmurs. Buffy looked to Riley who simply shrugged and smiled.

Vice-principal Giles waited a moment for the room to fall quiet again before continuing.

“And now it is my pleasure to introduce you to the new principal of Sunnydale High, Dr. William Marsters.”

Buffy’s eyes widened when she saw the same man she had run into that very morning stroll towards Mr. Giles and take the microphone. Her eyes were fixed him as she heard whispers around her. Words like hot and sexy filled the air.

“G’mornin’ students, ’m Dr. Marsters, and things here at Sunnydale High are about to change.”