Author's Chapter Notes:
This is my first fic so bare with me. Updates should be once a week, but if not they'll come faster in a few weeks after college classes are over. I don't have a beta so if anyone would like to help me out that would be appreciated and please review. Tell me what you think or if you're interested. Thanks.
Ch.1 Remember Me

He could feel the music pulsating as he approached the only nightclub in the small town of Sunnydale, California. The Bronze attracted customers of all ages, though non-Sunnydale natives might find that strange. For most clubs you had to be either eighteen or twenty-one to get in, but not the Bronze. If you were a paying customer and at least in high school you were welcome. Even on school nights. If you asked him it was a bloody awful idea. Having young jailbait dancing and taking up all the good tables. That was always his opinion, although he was fairly young himself having just turned twenty-one. That was always his opinion, until he saw her.

She was on the dance floor rocking her body to the beat. She was oblivious to the swarm of guys, boys and men alike, wishing they could just get close enough. Have just one dance. She was beautiful, radiant even. She couldn’t be no more than seventeen, he thought as he watched her from the bar throwing back a shot of Jack and feeling it burn down his throat. He watched her dance to a few more songs.

She had long blond hair that was tossed side to side by her movement, which belonged to a gorgeous face on a petite form. He thought she looked like a forest nymph or a fairy. He could write verses of poetry on just her looks alone, if he still did that sort of thing. He couldn’t understand why he was so drawn to her. It wasn’t like he hadn’t seen a pretty young thing dancing before. The whole time he watched her he kept having this feeling that he knew her, but he couldn’t remember.

He let out a sigh and ran his hand through his short platinum blond curls as he turned back to the bartender to order another drink. When he turned back around his body collided with another. It was her.

“Sorry Pet!” He shouted over the music.

“Sorry!” She yelled at the same time. “It’s okay!” She replied giggling.

Their eyes met. It was only for a moment, but her emerald green locked on his baby blue and they were both completely lost.

“Buffy! Come on let’s go!” He turned his head to see a tall brunette cheerleader type hanging over what looked like a dumb football player. ‘Perfect couple,’ he mused.

She shook her head as if to clear it. “Coming Cordy!” She looked back at him with an apology written on her face. “Sorry. I got to go.”

“Buffy!”

“What Cordy!” She yelled as she walked towards her friend.

‘Wait…Buffy…Cordy.’ Then he remembered.



They were in the ladies room arguing.

“But Cordy I’m supposed to be staying with you tonight remember?”

“Yeah, and I’m supposed to be staying with you.” Cordy said slowly as if she was talking to a small child.

Buffy rolled her eyes. “No, I mean I’m really supposed to be staying with you. I can’t go home tonight.”

“Look Buffy, Scott’s parents are out of town for the weekend and you’re going to cover for me. Got it.”

“You know what Cordy? I am so tired of your B.S. You were never a friend to me. I don’t know why I thought otherwise. All you care about is yourself.”

“I don’t know why you don’t want to go home. You have a pretty sweet setup if you ask me.”

“And that is why you were never really my friend.” Buffy stormed out of the bathroom feeling tears form in her eyes, but no she wouldn’t cry. She couldn’t allow it.



Spike stood outside of the club. He had run after her so he could talk to her some more. Now that he remembered it was more important than ever that he talked to her. Saw her again. He searched among the parked cars until his eyes fell on a convertible complete with a license plate reading “Queen C”. He recognized the car as the cheerleader’s and was relieved to see they hadn’t left yet. He reentered the Bronze to continue his search.

A few minutes later as Spike stood near the club’s exit he thought he saw a flash of blond hair run out the door. He tried to follow, but his path was blocked by a group of teenagers talking and carrying on loudly. He pushed through them and ignored the curses and insults they threw his way.

“Bloody teenagers,” he snarled angrily. He made it outside, but she was nowhere to be found. He scanned the parking lot once again. “Queen C” was gone.



Buffy made a swift exit from the club and continued walking down the alley. Her car was parked around the corner. She was almost out in the open when she heard a deep male voice.

“There she is. That’s our girl.”

“About time,” another added.

Her heart began to race. She started to run, but it did her no good. The first man grabbed her around the waist and slammed her against the brick wall. “Uh, uh, uh. You’re not getting away.”

She struggled against the man, but it was no use. The second man approached them with a wicked smile.

“Boss is gonna be happy we’re finally bringing you in. You’re a pretty one. He might keep you around for awhile.”

“Help!”

“Shut up!” The man holding her exploded as he backhanded her across the face leaving her lip split and bleeding.

Spike was about to give up and go home when he heard a faint scream through the haze of music still playing in the club. He ran towards the alley pulling out his cell phone to call the police. Nothing could’ve prepared him for the sight of Buffy being held against a wall by two men. She was crying, scared, and hurt.

“Please let me go.” He heard her sob.

Spike saw red. He put his cell back in his pocket and lunged at the man holding her. The surprise attack had the man on the ground and Spike punching him relentlessly. The other man tried to grab Spike off of the first, but Spike was high off adrenaline and rage. He elbowed the other man deep in the gut and he fell to the ground holding his stomach. Spike gave the first man one last punch and turned to the other raining a torrent of punches on him as well.

Buffy moved cautiously to the end of the alley and called after the man who saved her life.

“Hey! Come on. You’ve done enough. Let’s go.”

Spike looked over his shoulder and let the man fall to the ground. He ran up to Buffy and grabbed her hand. He looked back to see the first man slowly rising to his feet.

“You got a car?” He panted. She nodded and handed him the keys.

She trusted this man. She felt like she knew him, but couldn’t put her finger on it. Either way he just saved her and they weren’t in the clear yet.

They got in the car and took off down the street. “Where do you live Luv? I’ll take you home.”

“I can’t go home.” She said as tears ran down her cheeks.

“What happened back there? Who were those guys?”

He breathed heavily coming down from his high.

“I don’t know. I w…w…was walking to my car and they attacked me.” She sobbed. “One said they were taking me to their b…boss.”

He nodded. “What happened to your friend? Cordy right?”

“She ditched me to stay with her boyfriend, and trust me we’re no longer friends.” She lowered her head. “I don’t have anyone.”

He placed his hand on her shoulder and smiled at her reassuringly. “You have me Pet.”

“Thank you. Thank you so much for what you did back there. I don’t understand why, but you saved me. If you hadn’t come along I don’t…” She couldn’t finish the sentence.

“It’s alright Luv.” A pause. “Look I got an apartment a couple of blocks away from here. It has two bedrooms and a parking garage. If they’re still looking for you they won’t find your car. Do you want to stay?”

She was calmer now and could think more clearly. She couldn’t ask him to take her in as well. “Thank you, but you’ve done so much already and you don’t even know me. I couldn’t ask…”

He interrupted. “Well see you didn’t ask. I did. So come on. Make a bloke happy. Help me fix my hands.” He held up a hand and grinned at her sheepishly, looking more like a boy than a man. She winced at the sight of his bruised and bloody hands. “Plus I’d like to know you’re safe.” He added softly.

She glanced at her overnight bag in the back seat. “Okay. Let’s go.” She smiled.